Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 16:54   #691
BHPian

Re: Coorg recommendations

Hi all, starting from Chennai to Madikeri (Capitol Village Resort to be precise) tomorrow morning.
As per google, taking Chennai --> Vellore --> Krishnagiri --> Hosur --> Attibele --> Bommasandra --> Enter Nice road --> Kengeri --> Bidadi (Outer) --> Ramanagara (Outer) --> Mandya (Outer) --> Hale Kesare --> Ring Road --> Exit before Basavanahalli --> Bilikere --> Hunsur --> Piriyapatna --> Kushalnagar --> Resort

Total time is approx. 11 hrs.

1. Is this the correct route or is there any other better route?
2. Is 11 hrs the correct estimate? How long does it actually take from Bangalore to Madikere/Resort?
3. Will I be doing the entire BLR-Mysore expressway?
4. Will be doing the breakfast before Krishnagiri itself. So is there any good place to do lunch between Hosur and Kushalnagar?
5. Anything else that is important that I should know?
Old 5th April 2023, 23:09   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post

1. Is this the correct route or is there any other better route?
2. Is 11 hrs the correct estimate? How long does it actually take from Bangalore to Madikere/Resort?
3. Will I be doing the entire BLR-Mysore expressway?
4. Will be doing the breakfast before Krishnagiri itself. So is there any good place to do lunch between Hosur and Kushalnagar?
Yes that’s the route.

Bangalore to Madikeri: 5-6 hours including a stop.

Yes, you’ll breeze through the entire new expressway.

Somewhere around Hunsur watch out for some restaurants. Nothing to recommend as such.

Nothing much. Have a good trip.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 12:19   #693
BHPian

I am planning to visit Madikeri with my family on April 28, 29, and 30. I have a question - will all the waterfalls be dry during our visit? Additionally, could you please advise us on places to visit, good food spots, shopping centers, and any other activities we can do while we are there?
Thank you in advance
Old 20th April 2023, 17:55   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
I am planning to visit Madikeri with my family on April 28, 29, and 30. I have a question - will all the waterfalls be dry during our visit? Additionally, could you please advise us on places to visit, good food spots, shopping centers, and any other activities we can do while we are there?
Thank you in advance
I recently visited Madikere and Chikmaglur 2 weeks back. In Madikere we stayed at IBNI Springs, a very good place with great food. We visited the local sights , Dubare Elephant camp and the monastery at Kushalnagar and a half day trip to Tal Kaveri. It will be definetly hot especially between 11 and 4 PM, Expect nil or very very less water in the falls. We did not shop at Madikeri so cant comment on that.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 20:34   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
We had stayed in Kutta for 4 days in Dec 2021. The place we were in is called Vanandhaara though there are plentiful options around Kutta for all budgets. This place was clean and fine - maintained well and food was good too.
Interested to try this out. Any thoughts on how accessible the roads are? Good for a sedan?
Old 15th August 2023, 13:48   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
On our trip to Mysore last year, we had lunch at this place called Hotel Kadamba Veg. It is there on the Mysore road just as you get out of NICE road. It was pretty decent, with large parking spot (which will be full depending on the day and time) and restrooms.

https://goo.gl/maps/mtRR9dKUu51LpBB39

There is a decent place for breakfast though, right before Kushalnagar:

Dhanya's Nisarga Veg - https://goo.gl/maps/rPLALs2SvGTrghXX8

(From a post I created here (Any good eatout between Mysore-Madikeri?), if it helps.)

P.S. I realized that the original post I was quoting was from April 2023. Sorry about that. But hopefully, someone else will find this useful.

Last edited by asmr : 15th August 2023 at 13:50. Reason: Added postscript
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 12:03   #697
BHPian

Hello,

I am based in Pune. I will be planning a Coorg trip from the 21st to 23rd August 2023. Not a sight seeing trip but more of a relaxing one.

We will be staying at the Old Kent Estate (booking to do) and wanted some recommendations for my travel. Other recommendations will also work - budget is around 30k for two nights.

I will be starting from Bengaluru on the 21st and have two options.
1. Self Drive - time required and any reliable and good self drive options? Will a normal swift/1.2NA i20 go till Coorg. Only two occupants.
2. Take the KSRTC bus to and fro to Coorg.

I also have a flight back from Bengaluru to Pune which leaves at 10:40pm. I have to be at the airport by 8pm.

Given this scenario, what time should I leave from Coorg to comfortably catch the flight?

Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 12:37   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Hello,

I am based in Pune. I will be planning a Coorg trip from the 21st to 23rd August 2023. Not a sight seeing trip but more of a relaxing one.

We will be staying at the Old Kent Estate (booking to do) and wanted some recommendations for my travel. Other recommendations will also work - budget is around 30k for two nights.

I will be starting from Bengaluru on the 21st and have two options.
1. Self Drive - time required and any reliable and good self drive options? Will a normal swift/1.2NA i20 go till Coorg. Only two occupants.
2. Take the KSRTC bus to and fro to Coorg.

I also have a flight back from Bengaluru to Pune which leaves at 10:40pm. I have to be at the airport by 8pm.

Given this scenario, what time should I leave from Coorg to comfortably catch the flight?

Thanks
If you plan to be just at hotel/resort, you can take KSRTC Airavatha. Bus takes about 6hrs, so may start from Coorg at around 12PM. There is also FlyBus which directly goes to airport but I guess it starts from Mysore.

Roads are good and unless you plan to visit places like Mandalpatti any car should easily do it to Coorg
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 15:39   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selva2306 View Post
Interested to try this out. Any thoughts on how accessible the roads are? Good for a sedan?
Tarred roads all the way except the last 1 km which is paved and we did this in a hatchback. There was a City as well at the same time as us which managed the stretch with zero scraping when we went in & out of the resort during the day
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 14:17   #700
BHPian

Hi Folks ,

We are travelling from Mumbai to Mangalaore on 17th Sep Sunday and thereafter to Coorg where we will stay for 3 nights before proceeding to Ooty where we stay for 3 nights and fly back to Mumbai from Coimbatore.

I am unfamiliar with the territory so I request advice from learned members regarding

1) best way to do the road travel ( any self drive option or should I pick up a car from airport for a one way drop?)
2) Coorg to Ooty any suggestions ?
3) Local travel at Madikari or at Ooty what should one ideally do ?

Any advice or tips welcome , thanks a lot
Old 25th September 2023, 15:56   #701
BHPian

We were travelling to Kannur on 29th, Friday. But now since there are some rumours about a statewide bandh on 29th, we are thinking about leaving on 28th afternoon and halt at Gonikoppal maybe. Wanted to know how is the road between Mysore and Gonikoppal via Hunsur. Is it safe after its dark, especially through Nagerhole. Also, is there any closure of the Nagerhole forest checkpost gates in the evening ?

Last edited by hsroy : 25th September 2023 at 16:01.
Old 25th September 2023, 16:12   #702
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Hi Folks ,

We are travelling from Mumbai to Mangalaore on 17th Sep Sunday and thereafter to Coorg where we will stay for 3 nights before proceeding to Ooty where we stay for 3 nights and fly back to Mumbai from Coimbatore.

I am unfamiliar with the territory so I request advice from learned members regarding

1) best way to do the road travel ( any self drive option or should I pick up a car from airport for a one way drop?)
2) Coorg to Ooty any suggestions ?
3) Local travel at Madikari or at Ooty what should one ideally do ?

Any advice or tips welcome , thanks a lot
Given the traffic during weekends and narrow roads, you are better off hiring a cab for local sight seeing.

See if there is some package with your hotel/resort/homestay
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 12:03   #703
BHPian

Guys,

We are looking for a pure veg stay in Coorg this March end. Upon searching multiple stays, though wonderful, serve even pork. No complaints either as it's part of the culture of that region. But our family being pure vegetarian can't adjust Pork and Veg food side by side.

Someone please suggest a stay near Coorg, even couple of KMs away from city is also fine but not too far. It's because we have booked a Celestial Night show @ Starscapes Observatory. So staying little near to the town will be easy considering we have 2 young accompanying kids.

It would be of great help for any such suggestions!

Last edited by red_hot_punto : 13th March 2024 at 12:12. Reason: Special characters seen.
Old 13th March 2024, 16:49   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Guys,

We are looking for a pure veg stay in Coorg this March end.
Please call and confirm with Treebo Trend Vrindavan Coorg. Nice place to stay and if my memory serves me right it was veg only.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 17:15   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Guys,

We are looking for a pure veg stay in Coorg this March end...
One option is Airbnb. There are multiple listings for Coorg on the site and that way you have total control on the food options.
kbnissan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks