Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 15:23   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post

Kurnool bypass road work is progressing daytime traffic slows you down in this stretch
for about a kilometre
There was a flyover at Kurnool that had intersections before and after, as also moderate traffic that used to slow one down on the otherwise excellent road.

Are they replacing this with a bypass ?
Old 10th July 2014, 19:34   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
There was a flyover at Kurnool that had intersections before and after, as also moderate traffic that used to slow one down on the otherwise excellent road.

Are they replacing this with a bypass ?

Some repair work is going on some small bridge work I suppose.
They are not replacing the bypass.
All the flyovers are complete in Kurnool bypass
Old 7th August 2014, 15:33   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I am planning of travelling from Bangalore till Gooty on NH7. My destination is Belum caves, hence will be taking right from Gooty.
Can anyone please let know if it is possible to take U turn before Gooty toll booth to get in to BP COCO which is on the right side?
I want to top up diesel before I get off the highway, also there was a mention of an HP COCO just before Gooty toll on the left side mentioned few pages back. Can someone please let know the exact location of the same.

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2014, 17:50   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Guys, I am planning of travelling from Bangalore till Gooty on NH7. My destination is Belum caves, hence will be taking right from Gooty.
Can anyone please let know if it is possible to take U turn before Gooty toll booth to get in to BP COCO which is on the right side?
I want to top up diesel before I get off the highway, also there was a mention of an HP COCO just before Gooty toll on the left side mentioned few pages back. Can someone please let know the exact location of the same.

Thanks.
As I remember, it is possible to take U turn and the area right in front of toll gate both ways doesnt have divider.
HP COCO is right after toll gate at the same gate, when going from blr side.
sriturl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 16:38   #1040

Just completed Bangalore-Hyderabad roundtrip yesterday and the drive (as already commented upon multiple times) was awesome. Did the 585 kms stretch from my home in Banaswadi to Hafizpet in Hyderabad in exactly 6 hours and 35 minutes door to door and about the same time on the way back.

The only slowdown one encounters in the otherwise very fast road is in Kurnool where there is some road repair work going on. It takes about 10-15 minutes to cross the 2-3 kms stretch at that point. Otherwise one can comfortable clock triple digit speeds on this stretch without entering the caution/danger zone.
One of the best roads in terms of the speeds only that I have driven on in India. No decent place for breaks almost all throughout the stretch and that was a letdown really.
harjeet.khokher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 15:27   #1041
BHPian

I did Hyderabad - Bangalore - Hyderabad (Aug 28, 2014 - Aug 31, 2014)

I did morning trip (9:30 AM - 6:30 PM) Hyderabad -> Bangalore (door-to-door) and night trip (7:30 PM - 3:30 AM) Bangalore -> Hyderabad

I would like to point out:

1. I would highly suggest doing a day trip. Night drive isn't unsafe, but *very* tiring. I highly recommend driving with augmented lights (dip it during passing). Oncoming traffic, although on the other side of the divider, leaves one bedazzled by their high beams.

2. There was a truck backing up, in the *right most lane*, without any tail lights. So, be prepared for such crazy encounters.

3. At many U turns, there are stop sign, with many reflectors to serve as a warning but it might get hard to judge one's speed. Be careful.

4. If you get a flat tire, you'll need to be really lucky to find help on the road at night, so be prepared.

5. During day time (afternoon) I found that at many stretches, NHAI workers were watering the grass/offshoot on the road divider. Good thing is that they'll be wearing neon conspicuity jackets. But be careful of their presence.

6. Speed limit is 50 near some heavily populated villages. Obey the speed limits.

7. If going from Hyderabad to Bangalore, speed limit of 80 KM/hr starts near Nandi Hills crossing. There will be plenty of speed limit signs. There will be a traffic police jeep with speed gun immediately afterwards. From there on, keep the speed below 80, all the way to Bangalore.

The road is super nice. There are hardly any potholes in the 550 KM stretch. One of the best highways in India, I bet.
gsbhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 15:50   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbhatia View Post
7. If going from Hyderabad to Bangalore, speed limit of 80 KM/hr starts near Nandi Hills crossing. There will be plenty of speed limit signs. There will be a traffic police jeep with speed gun immediately afterwards. From there on, keep the speed below 80, all the way to Bangalore.
The speed gun toting police are posted and have been sighted many times much before the Nandi Hills crossing because the 80kmph speed limit starts much earlier.

Slow down once you start descending the flyover over Avati Village (which is 2.5 km before Nandi Hills crossing). This village comes a little distance after you cross the railway line under a flyover.
Old 6th September 2014, 23:12   #1043
BHPian

Hi guys,

I'm planning to drive down to Bangalore from Hyderabad next month for 3 days, and was wondering if anyone has done this trip faced issues with the police/RTO while driving around in Bangalore - I will be having a TS registered vehicle. I will be staying near MG Road and will be driving in and around Koramangala and Jaya Nagar. Any advice on documents to carry around will also be helpful.

Thanks,
Bharathan
Old 7th September 2014, 15:14   #1044
BHPian

Carry your original RC, insurance, driving license and a valid pollution certificate. Also preserve your toll receipts till you leave Bangalore. I frequently do hyd blore road trip and till date have not faced any issues, with road or cops, touchwood!
IUNKWN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 21:35   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Carry your original RC, insurance, driving license and a valid pollution certificate. Also preserve your toll receipts till you leave Bangalore. I frequently do hyd blore road trip and till date have not faced any issues, with road or cops, touchwood!
Ya one thing i did read around was that to make sure that the toll receipt has the car number. But they don't do it here (atleast in ORR). Hopefully i can get it done closer to bangalore??
Old 7th September 2014, 21:49   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Ya one thing i did read around was that to make sure that the toll receipt has the car number. But they don't do it here (atleast in ORR). Hopefully i can get it done closer to bangalore??
I travelled from Gachibowli to APPA Jn last week and the Rs 10 toll ticket does have my vehicle number. This apart, almost all the toll gates on the BLR highway make a mention of your vehicle number. So no worries.

Assuming yours is a new vehicle as it is TS registered, you will not need a pollution certificate for one year.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 19:30   #1047
BHPian

Dear All

Seeking some advice regarding my upcoming holiday in India , I'm planning a 3 day trip as follows -

Ride would be Verna

Day 1- Hyderabad to Mysore - Night stay in Mysore
Day 2- MYsore to Bandipur - Night Stay in Bandipur
Day 3- Bandipur to Coorg - Night stay in Coorg
Day 4- Coorg to Hyderabad

On Day 1 I will need to to pick up couple of cousins in Bangalore , they currently stay at Marathalli & Old airport road , I'm planning to ask them to come down to either International Airport or go to Hebbal to pick them up.

My Queries -

1)Which would be the best place to pick them up in Bangalore so as to avoid the innards of Bangalore and directly proceed to Mysore after picking them up.
2) Best route from Bangalore to Mysore after picking them up - Plan is to Bypass Bangalore Traffic as much as possible
3)Places to Eat around in the locations above.

All advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated .

Regards
Vickzkool
Old 11th September 2014, 12:40   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Dear All

Seeking some advice regarding my upcoming holiday in India , I'm planning a 3 day trip as follows -

Ride would be Verna

Day 1- Hyderabad to Mysore - Night stay in Mysore
Day 2- MYsore to Bandipur - Night Stay in Bandipur
Day 3- Bandipur to Coorg - Night stay in Coorg
Day 4- Coorg to Hyderabad

On Day 1 I will need to to pick up couple of cousins in Bangalore , they currently stay at Marathalli & Old airport road , I'm planning to ask them to come down to either International Airport or go to Hebbal to pick them up.

My Queries -

1)Which would be the best place to pick them up in Bangalore so as to avoid the innards of Bangalore and directly proceed to Mysore after picking them up.
2) Best route from Bangalore to Mysore after picking them up - Plan is to Bypass Bangalore Traffic as much as possible

Regards
Vickzkool
Pick them at Hebbal, Take a right turn under Hebbal flyover, you will reach Tumkur Road, Take right turn climb Nelmangala Flyover, take a Exit at NICE road(Mysore). Then in NICE road take exit to Mysore road.

You don't have to worry about eating places in Mysore road or anywhere in Karnataka , too many eating options.
shamanth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 12:50   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post

Regards
Vickzkool
1 & 2 Pick them at Hebbal. After you get down from the airport flyover near esteem mall, do not take the next flyover, but take the road between the flyover and the left ramp, this would get you under the hebbal flyover, you need to take a right turn here and you are headed towards Tumkur Road.
On the dead end of this road, you again take a right turn, probably about 15kms and you pass through a railway track too, pray that there are no trains going through. Not sure if the ROB is completed/started there. There are two options once you take the right at the dead end of the road, one is take the first left after the signal, this will take you through kengeri and join the mysore road or take the nice road which is a little further ahead towards Nelamangala. I have not traveled on both the places in a while, so do not know the condition.
3. You are spoilt for choice once you enter the Bangalore Mysore road, there are that many options on either side of the road.

Last edited by dass : 11th September 2014 at 12:52.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 15:00   #1050

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Madurai on Oct 1st week. Please let me know the road conditions to bypass Bengalore. I might reach BIA by 9pm

Option 1. Through bangalore city
Option 2: Devanahalli - 207 - Hoskote - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur
Option 3: Devanahalli - 207 - Hoskote - Malur - Bagalur - Hosur

Please let me know the road conditions for option 2 and 3.

Most Viewed