Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:08   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Second the above mentioned options:
1. Kamat :Left side: Below average food, not so clean restrooms, COCO bunk along.
2. Indian Paratha Company: Left side: OK food (You can find their menu on Zomato), Clean restrooms. Easy to miss out though next to road.
3. A2B: Right Side: Average food, clean restroom. Can sometimes get crowded.

They come in the order mentioned above when driving towards Bangalore.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:21   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
As I understand, there are not too many eating options in the Hyderabad-Bangalore stretch. Is there any decent place near Bangalore ariport area? I might be reaching the outskirts of Bangalore by 2 PM or so..good time to grab some lunch. Preferably one with a clean restroom (As I understand, clean restrooms are also hard to find in this stretch),
There is a McDonald's after the bangalore airport. After getting off the tolled road, there is a signal. After crossing the signal you need to take a U-turn to get to the other side and onto the service road. Assured that it would have clean restrooms.

Location is

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...31366185ff853e

Last edited by rohanak1 : 22nd September 2015 at 13:27.
rohanak1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 23:35   #1203
Senior - BHPian

I made a trip to Bangalore last Friday and returned Monday. We left Gachibowli at 345 pm and stopped for snacks at GR Plaza Family Resturant near Dhone at around 7 pm. Restrooms were ok and finger chips and tea were also okayish. We were not too hungry, hence the pitstop. That spot was roughly midway to Bangalore, but a bit closer to Hyderabad. We'd used the same place on our Ooty drive three years ago.

On the return, we left Leela Palace area on Old Airport Road at 7 am, and passed Kamat Upachar around 830 am, whch was too early for breakfast. Therefore, we made a pitstop after Ananthapur at Reliance A1 plaza, near Gooty. The restrooms were not that great, but the idlys were mind-blowingly soft , with great chutney and sambar. If someone wants to have a late breakfast, then this is the place.

And coming to road updates, we were forced to drive around 5 kms on the wrong lane (on the Hyd-Bangalore lane) in Kurnool, as they were relaying the Blr-Hyd stretch.

Rest of the road was fantastic, as ever. Despite the half hour break, we could reach home in central Hyderabad at 2 pm, which meant 7 hours door to door.

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd October 2015 at 23:38.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:02   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

And coming to road updates, we were forced to drive around 5 kms on the wrong lane (on the Hyd-Bangalore lane) in Kurnool, as they were relaying the Blr-Hyd stretch.

I was also in Banglore last weekend.
I crossed Kurnool in the evening and return was the next day early morning before sun rise
There were no diversion as such and the bridge in the Kurnool bypass was also complete..
Probably there were laying a small patch of road so the diversion.
Will update again on Monday as another drive on cards this weekend too.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:33   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
There were no diversion as such and the bridge in the Kurnool bypass was also complete.....
I also took the highway from Gooty to Hyd a couple of weeks back, and there was diversion on Kurnool bridge, took us fair bit of time to cross that because a couple of huge trucks were moving slowly with no space to overtake. It was in evening around 5pm.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:44   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was also in Banglore last weekend.
I crossed Kurnool in the evening and return was the next day early morning before sun rise
There were no diversion as such and the bridge in the Kurnool bypass was also complete..
Probably there were laying a small patch of road so the diversion.
Will update again on Monday as another drive on cards this weekend too.
Gosh, it looks like you reached BLR late night and returned after a few hours of rest! That's one helluva trip!

Which part of BLR are you visiting this weekend? Do let me know about your future visits, coz my daughter has started working in Dell, Whitefield, and I might need your help in transporting small stuff for her, off and on!
Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:08   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, it looks like you reached BLR late night and returned after a few hours of rest! That's one helluva trip!

Which part of BLR are you visiting this weekend? Do let me know about your future visits, coz my daughter has started working in Dell, Whitefield, and I might need your help in transporting small stuff for her, off and on!
Thanks.

Had to go to Banglore it was a last minute decision for a friend who needed me and had to start back within 3-4 hrs from Banglore.
Going to Trichy today will be bypassing Banglore through Whitefield .
Sure for next time will update you when I go to Banglore.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:28   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had to go to Banglore it was a last minute decision for a friend who needed me and had to start back within 3-4 hrs from Banglore.
Going to Trichy today will be bypassing Banglore through Whitefield .
Sure for next time will update you when I go to Banglore.
Thanks, and by the way, was your return to Hyd on last Monday? I'm asking because an Elantra overtook me and I was remembering you!
Old 29th October 2015, 09:14   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I will be driving to Hyderabad this weekend. Leaving Whitefield at 6 am and aiming to reach Srinivasa nagar in the afternoon. Some questions for you..
Where can we have breakfast at a place with clean rest rooms about 200 kms from Bangalore?
Is this the right route to get to my destination? https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Be...d17.441439!3e0
Old 29th October 2015, 11:04   #1210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Guys, I will be driving to Hyderabad this weekend. Leaving Whitefield at 6 am and aiming to reach Srinivasa nagar in the afternoon. Some questions for you.
Since you are starting from Whitefield, I presume you plan to take the BIAL to Devanahalli. If not; please do consider that aspect.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:30   #1211
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where can we have breakfast at a place with clean rest rooms about 200 kms from Bangalore?
200Km from Bangalore will be somewhere near Anantapur but I'm not too sure about good eateries with clean restrooms there.
There are more options closer to the airport and just beyond.
Check this earlier post by @mpksuhas - here
Note:He mentions these from the Hyderabad-Bangalore direction so it will be in reverse order for you

Also, as @ampere has mentioned, take Whitefield-Sai Baba Ashram-Old Madras Road-turn left, go below next flyover (service lane) and turn right at the Budigere cross and the road will get you to Devanahalli just after the Bangalore airport, merge onto NH7 from there and you're on your way to Hyderabad. Safe Travels!

Last edited by NPV : 29th October 2015 at 11:32.
Old 30th October 2015, 05:16   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I will be driving to Hyderabad this weekend. Leaving Whitefield at 6 am and aiming to reach Srinivasa nagar in the afternoon.

Is this the right route to get to my destination? https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Be...d17.441439!3e0
1) I assume that the pin you have dropped for the destination in the above map link is correct. The area is better known as S R Nagar aka Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar. The destination seems to be next to S R Nagar Police Station.

2) The route within Hyderabad city is correct except for the last 50 / 100 metres. Do not take left, then right, then left and again right to reach the destination but continue straight on Balkampet Main Road and take only one left to Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar Msain Road to arrive at destination.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 30th October 2015 at 05:18.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 10:15   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Since you are starting from Whitefield, I presume you plan to take the BIAL to Devanahalli. If not; please do consider that aspect.
Leaving Bangalore is not an issue thanks to this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-rides-33.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
200Km from Bangalore will be somewhere near Anantapur. There are more options closer to the airport and just beyond.
Check this earlier post by @mpksuhas - here
I have gone through the last few pages of this thread before I asked this question and couldn't find an answer. And yes, those places mentioned are too close to Bangalore. Anantapur and around is what I would be looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1) I assume that the pin you have dropped for the destination in the above map link is correct. The area is better known as S R Nagar aka Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar. The destination seems to be next to S R Nagar Police Station.

2) The route within Hyderabad city is correct except for the last 50 / 100 metres. Do not take left, then right, then left and again right to reach the destination but continue straight on Balkampet Main Road and take only one left to Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar Msain Road to arrive at destination.
Thanks. Will correct my route. How long would it take me from NH 7 -ORR junction to my destination on a Saturday afternoon?
Old 30th October 2015, 10:56   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will correct my route. How long would it take me from NH 7 -ORR junction to my destination on a Saturday afternoon?
Actually, use this route (https://goo.gl/maps/ZqyNDAz2UnD2). Smoother flow of traffic compared to via Banjara Hills Road No. 1 as suggested by Google Map. Should take you around 1 hour (40/45 minutes for regulars).

NH7-ORR Junction - continue straight on NH7 - PVNR Expressway Flyover - continue with the traffic flow - Masab Tank (use Flyover) - Lakdi Ka Pul (automatic left turn and then straight) - Khairatabad - Khairatabad Junction (do not go straight, take rightish at signal, ignore the full right leading to a Flyover) - Raj Bhawan Road - Somajiguda Circle (turn right at signal) - Cross CM's Camp Office on left and Hotel ITC Kakatiya on right but do not take the Flyover - Greenland Junction (turn left at signal) - Ameerpet Main Road - turn left in front of temple onto Gurdwara Lane - Balkampet Main Road - turn left onto SR Nagar Main Road at signal.

Caution : Do not exceed speed limit (60 kmph) on PVNR Expressway, as cops are stationed on the flyover to catch for overspeeding. Fine is minimum Rs. 1,035/- and goes up depending on speed recorded.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:25   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Ok Back from a weekend trip to Hyderabad. The roads and scenery towards Bangalore side are fantastic. Looked very European with the greenery and roads. Traffic is not too much and not too little, keeping driving interesting. Eateries are few and far between, luckily we carried our breakfast with us and had it in the shade of a filling station. Speaking of which, there are numerous pumps all along the route, some closed down and some new ones coming up.

There is one medium to low end eating joint at 220 kms from Bangalore, Reliance A1 at 259 km and one higher end called "97" at 472 kms from Bangy/Whitefield.

On the return leg we found one low to medium end joint at 262 kms called Limvas, and at 288 kms Reliance GR plaza.

Totally there are 7 toll booths at (km from Whitefield/cost) 117/85, 194/95, 260/85, 318/90, 368/90, 453/56, 514/58 not counting the airport one at Bangy.

On the way back, at KA/TS border there were some sort of cops/RTO guys stopping cars and checking for RC book, insurance and PUC.

Telengana state traffic and law and order cops have great vehicles. Saw an Ecosport in all its painted cop colors just before entering Hyderabad.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks