Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 13:13   #2026
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Any update on the toll collection methodologies on this highway? Do they accept card? Also what are the options for using PAYTM or any other similar aps? Thanks
All 5 tolls from Mumbai to Kolhapur are accepting paytm. Not sure about debit/credit card payments. Dint see anyone using cards. I paid cash!
Old 14th December 2016, 15:23   #2027
Senior - BHPian

I have a trip planned to Candolim, Goa 17th through 20th December. Will be travelling in a zoomcar from Pune.

I intend to take the Kolhapur-Nipani-Sawantwadi route as that seems the shortest. Taking chorla route adds another approx 50kms, and being in a rented car, it is better to save the kms. I have a leeway of a 1000kms, beyond which I wil be paying extra.

How bad is the Nipani-Sawantwadi-Goa road?
Old 14th December 2016, 16:23   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
It's bad only in parts. Many RE riders took this route to reach Ridermania event in Goa last month and amboli route didn't pose much problems except few patches of bad roads.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:31   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Been to Goa via this route post monsoon and it was fine. Few short stretches of bad surface but nothing to worry.

Took Chorla ghat route on my way back to Pune and honesty didn't find it that much better than Amboli to warrant extra 50 kms. It took almost an hour more of traveling due to traffic in Belgaum.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 12:32   #2030
BHPian

Hi. I am travelling from Thane to Covla beach. Started an hour back. Reaching the expressway now. What route do I take?
Old 17th December 2016, 14:25   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Hi. I am travelling from Thane to Covla beach. Started an hour back. Reaching the expressway now. What route do I take?

Based on latest updates on this thread best is Kolhapur-Nipani-Amboli ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim-Covla.

Take a right at Nipani where you see lot of eateries as well. Good place for a quick snack too.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:00   #2032
BHPian

I would recommend taking Belgaum Anmod Margao Colva Road in case you have not yet taken diversion towards Amboli. Super Smooth road till Colva. (Barring bumpy Road inside Belgaum city).
Old 18th December 2016, 16:04   #2033
BHPian

Hi all

We plan to drive from Bandra to South Goa (Cavelossim) next week. We are traveling in a BMW 320d and Audi A4, and don't mind taking a longer route if the roads are in better condition.

Could you advise on the best route? Also good stopping points with hygienic washrooms for women?
Old 18th December 2016, 16:34   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hi all

We plan to drive from Bandra to South Goa (Cavelossim) next week. We are traveling in a BMW 320d and Audi A4, and don't mind taking a longer route if the roads are in better condition.

Could you advise on the best route? Also good stopping points with hygienic washrooms for women?
Best route would be Mumbai--Pune--Belgaum--Khanapur--Ramnagar--Anmod ghat--Mollem--Ponda bypass--Madgaon--Cavelossim. Between Mumbai and Belgaum, there are plenty of good places with hygenic washrooms. To name just a few --

1. All four Food malls on Mumbai--Pune expressway.
2. Plenty of options on Pune NH4 bypass
3. Between Pune and Satara - you have McD at Khed Shivapur ; Parth food mall nearing Satara
4. On Satara bypass you have Hotel Mahendra executive
5. Between Satara and Karad - you have a couple of Vittal Kamat hotels
6. On Karad bypass you have Hotel Mahendra executive again
7. Between Karad and Kolhapur - Hotel Sai international - highly recommended stopover
8. On Kolhapur bypass you have McD.
9. Between Kolhapur and Belgaum - Hotel Smilestone
10. Inside Belgaum - plenty of good options.
11. Between Belgaum and Ponda, there is only one clean place and that is Doodhsagar spa resort at the foothills of Anmod ghat just before Mollem toll.

Do note that, there are no decent options between Belgaum and Anmod ghat ( nearly 75 kms ) as it's a hilly region with thick forests.
Old 18th December 2016, 16:43   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Best route would be Mumbai--Pune--Belgaum--Khanapur--Ramnagar--Anmod ghat--Mollem--Ponda bypass--Madgaon--Cavelossim. Between Mumbai and Belgaum, there are plenty of good places with hygenic washrooms. To name just a few --

Do note that, there are no decent options between Belgaum and Anmod ghat ( nearly 75 kms ) as it's a hilly region with thick forests.

Hi Vivek,

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed response! Really appreciate it.

Assuming I start at 6am, is it possible to reach cavelossim in 10 hours? I guess we will try for 2 stops

Thanks again
Old 18th December 2016, 20:21   #2036
BHPian

Hi Carmageddon, the time required for reaching your destination would depend on which day of week you travel. In case you are traveling on any weekday then I would highly recommend start at 5 AM instead of 6 AM. You should be able to beat Pune outskirts traffic. If you are traveling on Saturday or Sunday then 6 AM start is fairly okay.

Break your journey into 3 segments.
1. Bandra to Parth food Mall - Close to 3.5 hours of Journey.
2. Parth food Mall to Hotel Ramdev, Belgaum - again ~ 3.5 hours journey.
3. Belgaum to Cavelossim - 3 hours.

I think 10 hours is pretty steep target. But depending on traffic and duration of break it is quite possible. But to be on safer side consider 6AM start and 6 PM finish. This will give you 12 hours window and you can enjoy the drive.

Wish you a very Happy driving..
Old 18th December 2016, 22:13   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Hi Carmageddon, the time required for reaching your destination would depend on which day of week you travel. In case you are traveling on any weekday then I would highly recommend start at 5 AM instead of 6 AM.

Wish you a very Happy driving..

Thank you Ertigiat for these tips. Am ever grateful to BHPians like you for the helpful advice.

Can't wait for the trip!
Carmageddon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:43   #2038
BHPian

Hi,
For my upcoming drive to Goa, I was exploring the option of starting from Pune in the evening (about 4:00 pm) and reaching Kolhapur before 9 pm. Then stay for the night and then drive on to Goa in the morning. Are there any recommended places near Kolhapur where we could stay for the night. Any places along the highway so that I can avoid entering the city.

Doesn't really have to be near Kolhapur, can be any place between Karad and Belgaum.

We will be a family of four.
Old 19th December 2016, 15:34   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Doesn't really have to be near Kolhapur, can be any place between Karad and Belgaum.
Even if you are a sedate driver, you can reach Belgaum by 9:30 PM if you drive non-stop or with maybe 1 break. That will make the 2nd leg of your journey shorter, and will also help you avoid starting it at ungodly hours like 5 or 6 AM

Some decent hotels in Belgaum are Ramdev and Sankam, both quite easy to locate in the city.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th December 2016 at 15:37.
Old 20th December 2016, 13:39   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post

I would recommend stay in Belgaum. As rightly said by Vikram, you should be in Belgaum by 9.30 PM. Next day you just need to drive ~ 3 hours to reach your destination in Goa. You probably will be in lot more relaxed mode next day, if you cover distance up to Belgaum for night stay. If you stay at Hotel Ramdev then you will have plenty of food option. You can stroll to nearby fast food joints (Dominos, KFC, Subway, McD). Other options in Belgaum are Hotel Adarsha Palace or Hotel Sanman Deluxe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks