Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 14:13   #2986
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries

Just came back from Pune-Goa trip.
Recommend to travel Pune- Kolhapur-Nipani-Amboli-Swantwadi-Panjim Route.

Road is in excellent condition (just 500 meters in bad condition waiting for surface tarring, that too the work is in progress).
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 22:22   #2987

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
@vivek95, @Ertigiat, thank you for responding quickly. I will check these out. I am leaving Kolhapur by 9:00am so it would be wise to go via anmod. Since I have never travelled via anmol earlier all the better to get to know a new route.
Came back this week from Pune - South Goa trip. We started at 5:15 AM from Pune and reached Mobor beach around 3:50 PM with 2 hours of breaks for breakfast (Manas Resto, Satara) and lunch (Khanapur).

Just a heads-up for Speed Limit (40) in Belgaum city roads. After going through under-construction roads and just when you get on better road, there is trap in the next chowk of Cops waiting with Speed Gun. I was fined for 1000 and my speed shown was 68. Most of the cars were caught for the Speed Limit violation so just check the Speed Limit boards when you will be in Belgaum.

Khanapur - Anmod road is narrow but overall good with less traffic even on Saturday.

P.S. This is my first post. I have been following Team-BHP for last decade and it's great feeling to be BHPian. Thanks moderators for approving the membership.
Old 14th March 2020, 13:48   #2988
BHPian

Has anyone travelled on the old Mumbai Goa highway via Kankavli - Haathkhamba- Chiplun? A taxi driver I was chatting with in Goa informed me that the road is almost complete and the work of setting up toll booths are in progress. He claims he did the Mumbai ( I guess Panvel) to Goa via this road in February in under 9 hours.
If what he claims is true, this presently toll free road is definitely is a better option. I guess the traffic should also be bare minimum.
Old 3rd April 2020, 22:19   #2989
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need some urgent help please.

To cut a long story short, friends of mine (husband and wife aged 65 and 60 years) are stuck at Nipani for the last 13 days due to curfew and lockdown after their WagonR broke down.

Their car has still not been repaired but is safe in my friend's building compound where it was towed to.

They were on their way to Goa where their son and daughter in law live.

A kind hotel owner has, with Police permission, let them stay in his hotel where they are the only guests.

Finally they are likely to get a pass tomorrow to enter Goa.
However, they can only travel through Karnataka and enter Goa from KA. Entry into MH is NOT allowed.
As a result, I have suggested they use the Anmod Ghat via Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary.
If they use Chorla, they will be entering MH albeit for a short distance. They cannot take a chance of being stopped and stuck again!! The husband is an asthmatic and a COPD patient. They just need to reach the Goa border where their son will be waiting to pick them up.

Your suggestions and advice please.

@Vivek95 : If I remember right, you are a local of Belgaum. Kindly advise.

They will probably be using a taxi to travel from Nipani to the Goa border.

Many Thanks & Warm Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 11:09   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
To cut a long story short, friends of mine (husband and wife aged 65 and 60 years) are stuck at Nipani for the last 13 days due to curfew and lockdown after their WagonR broke down.
Sir, Where is your friend's son based in Goa? Even if they travel via Chorla they need not have to enter Maharashtra (I mean there are no means to check whether they have entered and exited Maharashtra). Based on Son's location they can choose either to alight at Keri-Sattari border or at Mollem Border (Or even at the start of Anmod ghat).

They might have to face multiple checks if they choose Bhimgad route compared to Chorla. But the route would be far better and faster.

Also do let me know if they need any help in Nippani. My folks stay there.

P.S. - Since Vivek is a Doctor, I am not sure if he is stuck in Mumbai serving the nation or back to his hometown helping natives. But, pretty sure he will respond to your queries.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2020 at 14:49. Reason: Added Note for Vivek; trimmed quoted post
Ertigiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 11:53   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Sir, Where is your friend's son based in Goa? Even if they travel via Chorla they need not have to enter Maharashtra

P.S. - Since Vivek is a Doctor, I am not sure if he is stuck in Mumbai serving the nation or back to his hometown helping natives. But, pretty sure he will respond to your queries.
Thank you. Yes, I am in Mumbai itself with extra duties at hospital
Quote:
Hi Guys,

@Vivek95 : If I remember right, you are a local of Belgaum. Kindly advise.

They will probably be using a taxi to travel from Nipani to the Goa border.

Many Thanks & Warm Regards,
SS
Hello

Sorry to hear about their plight. If they are using Belgaum--Chorla route they wouldn't enter Maharashtra anywhere, I know the border cuts across the Chorla road but that's negligible and there is no check post or anything as such. With the valid pass they should have a hassle free passage through Belgaum city and Chorla road.

Rest Yogesh has already replied
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 11:57   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
Sir, Where is your friend's son based in Goa? Even if they travel via Chorla they need not have to enter Maharashtra (I mean there are no means to check whether they have entered and exited Maharashtra). Based on Son's location they can choose either to alight at Keri-Sattari border or at Mollem Border (Or even at the start of Anmod ghat).

They might have to face multiple checks if they choose Bhimgad route compared to Chorla. But the route would be far better and faster.

Also do let me know if they need any help in Nippani. My folks stay there.

Hi Ertigiat,

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

I have told them to avoid Anmod and use Chorla instead.

The couple are staying at Sangam Paradise Hotel, Nipani. It is a "highway touch" property. It's where their car broke down. Right now they are at the Tehsildar's office trying to get a pass and hire a private car.

Their car which broke down and has still not been repaired has been towed to Kolhapur.

Their son is staying at Pinto Rosario Square, Vaddem, Soccorro, Porvorim.

Can I please PM you with their numbers in case any help is needed?

Many Thanks,
SS

Last edited by suzuki san : 4th April 2020 at 11:59. Reason: Forgot ti answer a query.
suzuki san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 12:16   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.
I have told them to avoid Anmod and use Chorla instead.
Looking at the current situation, I doubt if their car would be repaired any sooner.

Since their son stays in Porvorim, it will be convenient for him to pick them from Keri-Sattari (once they descend Chorla ghat) .

I have shared my number with you. Please ask them to reach me in case of any emergency.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2020 at 14:51. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Ertigiat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 23:25   #2994

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Has anyone travelled on the old Mumbai Goa highway via Kankavli - Haathkhamba- Chiplun? A taxi driver I was chatting with in Goa informed me that the road is almost complete and the work of setting up toll booths are in progress. He claims he did the Mumbai ( I guess Panvel) to Goa via this road in February in under 9 hours.
If what he claims is true, this presently toll free road is definitely is a better option. I guess the traffic should also be bare minimum.
Hi Myth...
I had been on the NH 17 (NH 66) in second week January 2020 - Though not for the entirety of the route. I drove just 65 km - from Chiplun to Poladpur. From what I could see, the road was no where near completion at that time. Plenty of diversions and ongoing works were prevalent. The Kashedi Ghat section was still the old wide 2-lane road (no signs of any 4-lane work in progress).
I do have serious concerns on how the said driver managed Mumbai to Goa in under 9 hours!
Capt. Haddock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 11:47   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
The couple are staying at Sangam Paradise Hotel, Nipani. It is a "highway touch" property. It's where their car broke down. Right now they are at the Tehsildar's office trying to get a pass and hire a private car.

Their son is staying at Pinto Rosario Square, Vaddem, Soccorro, Porvorim.
Suzuki San,

Any update regarding your friends?

Trust they have reached Goa safely.
Ertigiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 12:47   #2996
BHPian

Hi Ertigiat & Vivek95,

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.

The couple have reached Goa late last night.

They were stuck at the Goa border for just under a couple of hours till they received permission. Even with Police permission they could not enter. Finally, some Minister helped out.

They have been put in 14 days quarantine and had their hands stamped but they are not complaining. In fact they are overjoyed to finally be with their son and family in Goa.

Thanks again.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 16:36   #2997

Any idea if this route is open now for tourists and what is the paper work required for someone from Bombay?

Also is there a quarantine that one needs to go to on entering Goa.

And are there any good hotels open in North or South Goa that are accepting tourists..
Old 8th June 2020, 19:22   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer007 View Post
Any idea if this route is open now for tourists and what is the paper work required for someone from Bombay?
I dont think tourists are allowed in Goa or for that matter any state.

Also it would be better not to travel keeping in mind that cases are still growing in the country. Please keep travel limited to purchase necessary stuff and for professional or essential reasons. (Just a thought, please don't mind)
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 12:54   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer007 View Post
Also is there a quarantine that one needs to go to on entering Goa.

And are there any good hotels open in North or South Goa that are accepting tourists..
Following increased movement of people to and from the state, Goa Chief Minister stated that Goa is now doing away with the mandatory testing procedure, and that the updated SOP will come into effect from June 10.

The Goa government changed its standard operating procedure (SOP) for people entering the state amid the coronavirus outbreak by giving them the option of 14-day home quarantine without testing.

Those who prefer to get tested at the state's borders will have to spend 14 days in paid quarantine facilities till their results are out, Chief Minister said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...as76283717.cms
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 14:38   #3000
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Drove from Goa to Bombay on the 26/08.

We left at 05.45 hrs. and reached BKC at 15.35 hrs.

Roads in Goa are pathetic to say the least. What used to be magic carpet roads have been systematically destroyed in the name of (supposed) "Development"!!

No exit permit required for Goa so we sailed through.

Fairly thorough check at the MH border but as I had all paperwork in order it wasn't a problem. It took about 15 to 20 minutes as I had to spell out the names of all people in the car, addresses etc.

Once this was done the rest of the passage was easy. I had stuck a copy of the EPass on the passenger window so, when asked to stop, I just slowed down while they looked at the EPass and waved me on.

Fastag also worked fairly well except for overcharging me when I came off the Expressway. But it worked so my windows were never lowered except at Vashi toll.

As no restaurants were open we had carried enough food and used HP Petrol Pumps for fuel and bio breaks. Their washrooms were O.K. Relatively clean.

Once into MH, the roads were much, much better than Goa. I used the Amboli Ghat which was in very good condition. After Amboli, while approaching Ajra and after Ajra there are a lot of potholes and you have to drive slowly. Once you turn off towards Uttur and Nipani the road is very good. However look out for nasty speed breakers after Uttur and all the way to Nipani.

Once on the NH, the road was good till Karad and after but while approaching
Satara the road had lots of potholes. Even the newly constructed flyovers were in poor shape.

I got a speeding ticket (Rs. 1000.00) for doing 82 Kmph in an 80 Kmph zone!!

Look out for white "Ertigas" parked at the side of the road with their boot open and no one around. The cops are hiding inside with a camera / speed gun. All I noticed were some blue boxes at the back - till I passed them!

Although I was told that traffic was very light, this is incorrect. I had pretty much normal traffic on the NH4 and maybe more 2 wheelers than usual especially around Kolhapur. Traffic was heavy on the Expressway and entering Bombay. Got stuck in a jam at BKC and then again at Andheri West.

All in all, an O.K. drive. Enjoyed it after a 7 month break.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks