Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 18:43   #301
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Does the Chindwara road get damaged during heavy rain,is this like a ghat road?
Old 19th September 2019, 13:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
Does the Chindwara road get damaged during heavy rain,is this like a ghat road?
I have no reason to believe that this road would be damaged by rains. But, yes, there are ghat sections on the chindwara route.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 17:54   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
I could not find any place to stop between chindwara and Sagar. We need a neat place to rest a bit and re-energize.

Anybody can help with this?
Between Chindwara and Sagar, a town with some facilities is Narsinghpur only. After you cross Narsinghpur and move towards Kareli, you will get a good new hotel on the highway but on your right side. There are two real size elephants built in front of the hotel (I forgot its name, hence this description). You can alternatively see this place in MMT etc.

From Kareli, however, it takes only 1 hour 40 minutes to Sagar (max). Narsinghpur to Sagar is 145 kms. Narsinghpur to Kareli is around 20 kms. You have a beautiful bypass at Kareli also.

That seemed to be the only good place, before you reach Midway Treat just before Sagar which will be pointless for you.

There was a Green Park restaurant at Narsinghpur earlier, soon after you reach the place, but I found it closed later.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:24   #304
BHPian

I'll try to locate the elephants.

There's a place called chaupal coffee point I see on gmaps. It's on the kareli bypass, Looks interesting.

Thanks anyways.
Old 11th November 2019, 11:25   #305
Senior - BHPian

Short Update Hyderabad to Khawasa (Pench Tiger Reserve)

Hyderabad to Pandharkawada.

Four laned completely and excellent condition.Medchal town traffic is high during the day
and slows down the travel time.

Pandharkawada to Karanji

About 20 kms this stretch has pot holes and need to negotiate slowly.
Road works are happening hope it might be tarred soon.

Karanji to Nagpur.

Four laned in good condition.Hingaghat and Butibori town has flyover construction going on over the town.
Service roads are gravel and sand need to slow down.

Nagpur to Khawasa

Nagpur Bypass is excellent.
From Nagpur bypass to Khawasa upto about the last 10kms before Khawasa if fully four laned.
Last 10 kms flyover constructions are going on have to use the service road.

The road conditions are excellent throughout upto Pench tiger reserve except for small stretches of road.

Last edited by gajadonga : 11th November 2019 at 11:27.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 07:58   #306
BHPian

Hey guys,

I've finished my trip hyd-dehradun-hyd. Went through Nagpur town on my way up and came through the NH44/AH43 on my way down.

Both the routes have their own pros and cons.

To go again, i would choose neither. But then we don't have many options, do we?

Both are doable in the practical sense.

Let me put it this way - NH route is 90% excellent 4 laned roads and 10% utter undriveable roads. May be we can put that at 5%/95%.

Chindwara route is 75% excellent 4 laned and 25% is 2 laned undivided, potholed etc, but driveable.

So take your pick.

I'll try to put in a detailed travelogue later.

Will be happy to answer any questions.

My whole route -

Hyderabad-Nagpur-Chindwara-Narsinghpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi-Deoband-Dehradun

Return-

Dehradun-Deoband-Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Narsinghpur-Seoni-Nagpur bypass- Hyderabad.
unoczar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 22:37   #307
Senior - BHPian

Can you give us timing you took between the places.
I had driven to Pench tiger reserve recently.
Looks like that 30 kms nearing the tiger reserve is under construction
Old 26th November 2019, 13:39   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post

Let me put it this way - NH route is 90% excellent 4 laned roads and 10% utter undriveable roads. May be we can put that at 5%/95%.

Chindwara route is 75% excellent 4 laned and 25% is 2 laned undivided, potholed etc, but driveab

My whole route -

Hyderabad-Nagpur-Chindwara-Narsinghpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi-Deoband-Dehradun

Return-

Dehradun-Deoband-Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Narsinghpur-Seoni-Nagpur bypass- Hyderabad.
The 5 percent undrivable section you refer to, is it the jhansi gwalior stretch? If yes then I think they should just let this be the way it has been for years. There is no hope.

Is the forest stretch passing through pench now complete? There was some concern about animals crossing a busy highway.
Old 26th November 2019, 13:49   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The 5 percent undrivable section you refer to, is it the jhansi gwalior stretch?
Nah, I'm referring to the area between Nagpur and Seoni. The forest area, work is going on but there's a considerable amount of road work to be done. Jhansi - Gwalior is doable, i was just highlighting the total off road section.

PS: Didn't see any animals anywhere. Except monkeys.

Last edited by unoczar : 26th November 2019 at 13:50. Reason: PS
Old 26th November 2019, 14:06   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Can you give us timing you took between the places.
I had driven to Pench tiger reserve recently.
Looks like that 30 kms nearing the tiger reserve is under construction
I'll need to sit on this if you need details.

Briefly, i started from Hyderabad@5.30am.
By 10.17am we had done 356km.
At 2.34pm we had done 534km.
At end of day, Sagar MP, we had done 893km @ 8.30pm

Yes, area near Pench is under construction as we found out on our way back.

Overall, seeing the whole trip I'm quite surprised at how the roads inside MP have improved compared to what we had 4-5 years earlier.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:47   #311
BHPian

Hyderabad-Jabalpur update (Dec 6, 2019).

Hyderabad (Gachibowli) - Khawasa (Pench MH/MP Border). 10:50 AM - 7:45 PM.

You won't believe but we encountered only one major pothole on a culvert somewhere after Hinganghat. Rough surface? Yes. Patchwork? Yes. Undulations? Yes. Potholes? NO. I have no idea how is that even possible to achieve in India.

All toll plazas had FasTag working, not too fast though. Most plazas closer to Hyderabad are congested and scanning work via handheld devices.

~25 KMs road from Khawasa till you exit the forest, is in bad shape. No massive potholes though. Our Honda City which is world famous for bottoming out, didn't scrape nothing in those 25 KMs. It took us roughly 1 hour to do this stretch starting at 9:30 AM. Half of this road is basically two lane concrete road with diversions all over the place while the rest is the ancient two lane road with remaining traces of tar. You just have to go slow as the road is narrow and it has a massive truck traffic. The work on completing this stretch is literally on war footing.

Coming to the million dollar question. To go via Chhindwara or not?

I'd personally take the Pench route except if it's raining or has rained in last 3-4 days. I'd avoid it in the night as well. The entire forest road except this 25 KMs is just amazing with four lanes of fairly smooth concrete. The Chhindwara route is too slow IMHO and doesn't justify going through the Nagpur traffic.

If you are not comfortable driving bumper-to-bumper alongside massive trucks, avoid Pench route.

Last edited by bordeaux : 11th December 2019 at 22:01.
bordeaux is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 14:41   #312
BHPian

I go regularly to Haridwar , every year in June , from Hyderabad either by bike or by Skoda Yeti.
I think one must prefer going by Pench national park route because Chindwara route means you have to go through Nagapur city. And I lost my way through Nagapur at least two times.
Old 13th February 2020, 01:46   #313
BHPian

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!! Get some pop-corns and settle down!

I am back with updates on Hyderabad-Chandigarh for y'all!!! Driven between Feb 08 - Feb 12, 2020.

Hyderabad-Nagpur:
Hyderabad ORR is in perfect shape as always with some sections getting a fresh layer of asphalt. There is always, always (ALWAYS) a mobile speed camera hidden somewhere in median plantation and they are aggressive with speeding tickets. So, be careful and drive within the limits as long as you are on the ORR.

Hinghanghat flyover is complete but they are expanding it to bypass the entire town now. So, there is another diversion now but manageable.

Everything else is more or less complete with a few potholes in the Maharashtra section.

Nagpur-Jhansi:
As updated earlier, MH section of Pench forest road is already complete and a superb concrete expressway. The work in MP section is going at rather aggressive pace with half of India's JCBs and Bulldozers doing their duties here. The bad stretch is of 30 KMs and it took us 50 minutes to clear that stretch around 10:00 AM. The entire 30 KMs is not bad. It's mostly diversions with 2 lanes of concrete road available to vehicles. The rest of the road till Jhansi is a no-brainer. BUT as have been advised umpteen times, while in MP, be extra careful and watch out for cows and people on wrong side. Trust me on this.

Jhansi-Gwalior:
I know you pretended to read all the above stuff but this is THE section why you are even in this thread Take a deep breath. Now, let it go. The four lane work on most of this stretch is complete with median plantation and what not. A few flyovers and some sections are still a work in progress but overall this stretch is no more painful! It took us 1:20 hours for Jhansi border to Gwalior bypass (~83 KMs) around noon which is just amazing.

Gwalior-Chandigarh:
Morena is finally getting a flyover. But that means the traffic scene is not so good till the work is completed. It's manageable though.

We did not enter Agra and didn't take the Yamuna Expressway either. Entering Agra to take Yamuna Expressway is like <insert-some-wise-ass-quote>. We took Agra bypass to NH-19 [Agra-Mathura-Palwal] instead. Bypass is good, almost no traffic.

Agra-Palwal section of NH-19 is almost full time six lane with a few flyovers work in progress and some bridges still 4 lanes only which can get annoying at times but smooth sailing overall. Work mostly in progress to bypass everything that can be bypassed.

Palwal-Rai (Sonepat) section of Eastern Peripheral expressway is again an almost empty highway at your disposal. I am glad that it's a long lasting concrete highway but the ride quality is really really poor. I wonder why Indian concrete roads must be such roller-coaster rides.

Rai-Panipat was one of the most heart-breaking stretches on this entire journey. Abandoned work-in-progress flyovers with no visible signs of work resuming ever. Diversions are smooth and mostly pothole free but that's so unbecoming of this famous section of GT Road. Breaks my heart.

Panipat-Chandigarh section doesn't need no description. Just go.

Total distance: 1895 KMs.
Total driving time: 24:48:00
Total toll: 2545/-
Ride: Honda City 2009
Halts: Nagpur, Sagar, Gwalior, Palwal
FasTag: Worked everywhere, faster than cash lanes but our country is so full of idiots unable to read signs.

NOTE: If you prefer Chhindwara route instead of Pench forest, I am sorry to say but we can't be friends!

Last edited by bordeaux : 13th February 2020 at 01:54.
bordeaux is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 07:20   #314
BHPian

Hi bhpians,

How is the current road condition from Hyd to Delhi especially after the rains?
Planning to go to Delhi by road.

Also pointers for good pitstops that would be comparitively safe in covid times?
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:49   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!! Get some pop-corns and settle down!

I am back with updates on Hyderabad-Chandigarh for y'all!!! Driven between Feb 08 - Feb 12, 2020.

Hyderabad-Nagpur:
Hyderabad ORR is in perfect shape as always with some sections getting a fresh layer of asphalt. There is always, always (ALWAYS) a mobile speed camera hidden somewhere in median plantation and they are aggressive with speeding tickets. So, be careful and drive within the limits as long as you are on the ORR.

Hinghanghat flyover is complete but they are expanding it to bypass the entire town now. So, there is another diversion now but manageable.

Everything else is more or less complete with a few potholes in the Maharashtra section.

Nagpur-Jhansi:
As updated earlier, MH section of Pench forest road is already complete and a superb concrete expressway. The work in MP section is going at rather aggressive pace with half of India's JCBs and Bulldozers doing their duties here. The bad stretch is of 30 KMs and it took us 50 minutes to clear that stretch around 10:00 AM. The entire 30 KMs is not bad. It's mostly diversions with 2 lanes of concrete road available to vehicles. The rest of the road till Jhansi is a no-brainer. BUT as have been advised umpteen times, while in MP, be extra careful and watch out for cows and people on wrong side. Trust me on this.

Jhansi-Gwalior:
I know you pretended to read all the above stuff but this is THE section why you are even in this thread Take a deep breath. Now, let it go. The four lane work on most of this stretch is complete with median plantation and what not. A few flyovers and some sections are still a work in progress but overall this stretch is no more painful! It took us 1:20 hours for Jhansi border to Gwalior bypass (~83 KMs) around noon which is just amazing.

Gwalior-Chandigarh:
Morena is finally getting a flyover. But that means the traffic scene is not so good till the work is completed. It's manageable though.

We did not enter Agra and didn't take the Yamuna Expressway either. Entering Agra to take Yamuna Expressway is like <insert-some-wise-ass-quote>. We took Agra bypass to NH-19 [Agra-Mathura-Palwal] instead. Bypass is good, almost no traffic.

Agra-Palwal section of NH-19 is almost full time six lane with a few flyovers work in progress and some bridges still 4 lanes only which can get annoying at times but smooth sailing overall. Work mostly in progress to bypass everything that can be bypassed.

Palwal-Rai (Sonepat) section of Eastern Peripheral expressway is again an almost empty highway at your disposal. I am glad that it's a long lasting concrete highway but the ride quality is really really poor. I wonder why Indian concrete roads must be such roller-coaster rides.

Rai-Panipat was one of the most heart-breaking stretches on this entire journey. Abandoned work-in-progress flyovers with no visible signs of work resuming ever. Diversions are smooth and mostly pothole free but that's so unbecoming of this famous section of GT Road. Breaks my heart.

Panipat-Chandigarh section doesn't need no description. Just go.

Total distance: 1895 KMs.
Total driving time: 24:48:00
Total toll: 2545/-
Ride: Honda City 2009
Halts: Nagpur, Sagar, Gwalior, Palwal
FasTag: Worked everywhere, faster than cash lanes but our country is so full of idiots unable to read signs.

NOTE: If you prefer Chhindwara route instead of Pench forest, I am sorry to say but we can't be friends!
Hey man, any idea of the latest road condition from Nagpur to narsinghpur?
Not able to decide on seoni vs chindwara.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks