Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 16:24   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_a_a View Post
Hello All,

I'm here to report back from the Hyderabad - Jaipur trip concluded late last night (Saturday) with our arrival in Jaipur. The route is common till Agra (with the Hyd-Del route) and hence posting it here instead of the other thread. Route was Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur (butibori MIDC)-Seoni-Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Bharatpur-Jaipur.

I hope this post will help others -

2. Day 2 - Left Adilabad at 8:15 am, arriving in Butibori at 11:50 am. The road at border (pandharkawda in MH) is very bad. It gives way to craters large enough to ingest a small car like ours (Wagon R). I know that people have reported 6.5 hours from Hyd-Nagpur but I differ. It should be close to 8 hours without breaks.
After some hiccups finding the correct approach to Deepali Residency at Sagar, we were in our rooms a bit before 9 pm. Thus the 290 kms between Rukhad and Sagar were done in 3.5 hours flat.

3. Day 3 - Left the hotel at Sagar at 10 am and after a refueling stop arrived in Datia at 1:00 pm. This included one photo stop en route and getting lost attempting to enter Datia. Good road most of the way.
The Agra entrance is a nightmare (I think HVK had warned me here or on fb?) - The bypass is far from complete.

Thanks a lot for the detailed update. So it took almost 13 hours for you cover Adilabad to Sagar. Distance is approximately 600 KMS? How are the bad sections? Are there craters or is it just bumpy? Out of the 600 KMs approximately how many KMs is bad?

How much time did it take to cover Sagar to Agra? Distance is approxmately 450 KMs?

In the entire Sagar - Agra stretch, are there 4 lane roads? How long?

Sorry for asking too many questions. I am thinking of a drive on this road in 3 weeks. From Agra to Bangalore.
Old 5th October 2015, 21:14   #182
BHPian

Hi Pramod

The actual drive time between Adilabad and Sagar wasnt 13 hours as we had a nearly one hour lunch break. I also wasted about ten minutes at a wrong turn at Butibori. The entrance from highway to reaching the hotel at Sagar must have taken at least half hour as the entire town was quite dar. So I'd reckon closer to 11 hours. The bad sections has craters - full on. Dont know how many kms. Was too shocked.

We reached Dhaulpur by sunset and approximately one hour from there to Agra but we used up complete two hours at Datia. So about 7 hours I think. Plenty of places near Datia the traffic goes on only one lane and this problem is almost total through dhaulpur to agra. Please check the map for kms.

I dont see the road improving in 3 weeks except for the stretch between Dhaulpur to Agra and Gwalior to Dhaulpur.
vaibhav_a_a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:54   #183
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Jammu and Kashmir

Hi All,

We (4 adults and 2 children) did a road trip in the Dussera week on our Scorpio (with a roof top ski box "Cargoz tourister") from Hyderabad to Jabalpur, Jabalpur to Khajuraho, khajuraho to Sanchi and finally Sanchi to Hyderabad. The route was Hyderabad> via Nagpur bypass to Jabalpur>Khajuraho>via Sagar to Sanchi>via Bhopal bypass and Nagpur back to Hyderabad. Faced the same bad roads as mentioned in the thread by all between Nagpur and Hyderabad.

But this didn't stop us from planning a trip to J&K in early March. Rough plan is to make it to Jammu by the 3rd day. So our tentative stopover plan is Sagar on day 1, Panipat in day 2 and reach Jammu by day 3. This time it will be self, wife and 2 kids (5 and 3 years). Please suggest if this looks feasible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:13   #184
BHPian

Travelogue

Hi everyone!
Planning to drive down to Hyderabad from Delhi in one day in my Sx4 on 24th Dec 15. The plan is to start from Delhi at 3 in the morning, fog permitting, and reaching destination at around 12 midnight same day. Will take the North-South corridor. For information , have already driven from Delhi to Nagpur in one day in 2014. Started from Delhi at 3 in the morning and reached Nagpur at 8 in the evening same day. Want expert opinion/suggestion.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:17   #185
BHPian

Re: Travelogue

Which route will you be taking for this long endeavor?

Last edited by Shivanshu : 17th December 2015 at 23:22.
Old 17th December 2015, 23:51   #186
BHPian

Sir,
It's going to be Delhi Agra Jhansi via Dholpur and then Lakhnadon Seoni Nagpur and finally on to Hyderabad. This will be the route that I intend to take.
Old 18th December 2015, 04:58   #187
BHPian

Sir till Jhansi expect fog, after that i am not sure. So drive safe and keep us posted
Old 18th December 2015, 08:55   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactgautam View Post
Hi everyone!

Planning to drive down to Hyderabad from Delhi in one day in my Sx4 on 24th Dec 15. The plan is to start from Delhi at 3 in the morning, fog permitting, and reaching destination at around 12 midnight same day. Will take the North-South corridor. For information , have already driven from Delhi to Nagpur in one day in 2014. Started from Delhi at 3 in the morning and reached Nagpur at 8 in the evening same day. Want expert opinion/suggestion.

Hi Gautam, you are planning to cover a distance of about 1500-1600 kms in about 21 hours. Having driven Gurgaon to Hyderabad at least thrice during this year, your plan needs to be reviewed, in my view for the following reasons:
1. Weather conditions: fog might cover most part of northern and central India and if this happens on the day you drive, all your plans will go haywire.
2. You also need to take breaks in between, and to rest even if you have others to take over to drive the car.
3. Road conditions: From Agra upto Jhansi, your average speed per hour will come down a lot because of two lane and bad road stretches. So also some stretches between Hinghanghat and Telengana border.
Yesterday we drove from Hyderabad to Chennai and believe me we had foggy weather conditions in and around Hyderabad till about 7 am.
All the best for your trip..
Old 18th December 2015, 11:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Sir till Jhansi expect fog, after that i am not sure. So drive safe and keep us posted
Yes, yes. I will surely keep you guys posted. Please pray for no fog on 24th Dec 15.
Old 18th December 2015, 11:30   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Hi Gautam, you are planning to cover a distance of about 1500-1600 kms in about 21 hours. Having driven Gurgaon to Hyderabad at least thrice during this year, your plan needs to be reviewed, in my view for the following reasons:
1. Weather conditions: fog might cover most part of northern and central India and if this happens on the day you drive, all your plans will go haywire.
2. You also need to take breaks in between, and to rest even if you have others to take over to drive the car.
3. Road conditions: From Agra upto Jhansi, your average speed per hour will come down a lot because of two lane and bad road stretches. So also some stretches between Hinghanghat and Telengana border.
Yesterday we drove from Hyderabad to Chennai and believe me we had foggy weather conditions in and around Hyderabad till about 7 am.
All the best for your trip..
I agree with you. Driving to Hyderabad in a day depends on a lot factors, some of which you just mentioned. I am only praying for a no fog condition non 24th Dec 15. Agra to Jhansi and Hinhanghat sections have to be dealt with. Lets see how things pan out. will keep you posted. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2015, 21:18   #191
BHPian

definately Gautam, will keep my fingers crossed for the fog conditions. Though you should plan accordingly.
Old 10th February 2016, 23:36   #192
BHPian

Exactly 2 more weeks to start our J&K trip from Hyderabad. Planning is in full force.

Road plan between Hyd and Del is as below and plan is to drive during night and rest during day at Sagar.

Plan is to stick to the North-South Corridor of Hyderabad-Nagpur(Bypass)-Sagar (halt)-Jhansi (Bypass)-Gowalior (Bypass)-Agra (Bypass thru Dholpur and Mathura)-Gurgaon(halt).

As I will be going to Sohna Road, goggle maps suggests avoiding YEW as a whole and reach Sohna directly from Mathura. Does anyone have any experience of the same?
Old 11th February 2016, 06:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Exactly 2 more weeks to start our J&K trip from Hyderabad. Planning is in full force.
Road plan between Hyd and Del is as below and plan is to drive during night and rest during day at Sagar. Plan is to stick to the North-South Corridor of Hyderabad-Nagpur(Bypass)-Sagar (halt)-Jhansi (Bypass)-Gowalior (Bypass)-Agra (Bypass thru Dholpur and Mathura)-Gurgaon(halt). As I will be going to Sohna Road, goggle maps suggests avoiding YEW as a whole and reach Sohna directly from Mathura. Does anyone have any experience of the same?
Hi,

I have used the Mathura Palwal Sohna Gurgaon route long back. It's no way comparable to using YEW but it was ok as I did not have to go through Faridabad and Delhi to reach Gurgaon. The other route shown by Google maps is using the Kundli Manesar Palwal expressway to reach Sohna from Mathura. Have not used this route even once. May be they have opened this expressway recently.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2016 at 07:46. Reason: Edited quoted content; removed spaces
Old 11th February 2016, 10:39   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Plan is to stick to the North-South Corridor of Hyderabad-Nagpur(Bypass)-Sagar (halt)-Jhansi (Bypass)-Gowalior (Bypass)-Agra (Bypass thru Dholpur and Mathura)-Gurgaon(halt).
The forest section between Nagpur to Seoni is not in good condition. The preferred route nowadays is to go through Nagpur city and take the Chhindwara route to reach Sagar.
Old 12th February 2016, 11:02   #195
Senior - BHPian

Planning to do Bangalore - Dehradun in April first week. Wanted to know if this is doable in 2 days. How bad are the bad stretches? Also is the distance till Sagar doable in a day?

My ride would be a Volvo V40CC which has a clearance of 145mm. Will this be a problem in the bad stretches?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks