Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 13:35   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
As already done the route (2011): Bangalore-Pune-Bypassed Mumbai-Surat-Ahmadabad-Bhuj-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Jaipur-and back to Bangalore via Daman.

Would like a change of scenery to Amritsar from Bangalore?

How about Bangalore-Sholapur-Aurangabad-Dhule-Manpur-Lebad-Ratlam-Chittor-Ajmer/Jaipur and from then please suggest a route till Amritsar. Is the route from Bangalore to Chittor via the places given above okay? Secondly route from either Ajmer or Jaipur to Amritsar. Or take the Central Route via Hyd-Nagpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Jaipur??

From Amritsar planning to go upto Srinagar. Suggestion and advice please.
Instead you could do:

Bangalore-Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Naldurg-Osmanabad-Beed-Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Dhamnod-Pithampur-Lebad-Ratlam-Mandasaur-Neemuch-Nimbahera-Chittor-Kishangarh-Sujangarh-Ratangarh-Sadarshahr-Hanumangarh-Abohar-Ferozepur-Amritsar or Abohar-Ferozepur-Moga-Jalandhar-NH1-Amritsar.Good roads throughout.

From Kishangarh take the Bhatinda mega highway to Amritsar.Good roads and ofcourse running closely along the border(this should be nostalgic for you-the forward bases)

http://goo.gl/maps/1KhGu

Amritsar-Gurdaspur-Pathankot-Jammu-Udhampur-Batote-Banihal-Srinagar.Jammu-Udhampur is the worst section as this is undergoing widening.Jallianwala Bagh closes at 5pm.Beating retreat by BSF at Attari border is now in the summer schedule (iirc begins at 1645 and lasts for about 45mins)

http://goo.gl/maps/uQkQt

Day 1:Bangalore-Hyd (Aurangabad if you are ok driving 18hrs-19hrs)
Day 2:Aurangabad-Chittor
Day 3:Chittor-Ajmer (if you wish to visit the dargah/pushkar)
Day4:Ajmer-Amritsar
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 14:38   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Instead you could do:

Bangalore-Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Naldurg-Osmanabad-Beed-Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Dhamnod-Pithampur-Lebad-Ratlam-Mandasaur-Neemuch-Nimbahera-Chittor-Kishangarh-Sujangarh-Ratangarh-Sadarshahr-Hanumangarh-Abohar-Ferozepur-Amritsar or Abohar-Ferozepur-Moga-Jalandhar-NH1-Amritsar.Good roads throughout.

http://goo.gl/maps/1KhGu

Amritsar-Gurdaspur-Pathankot-Jammu-Udhampur-Batote-Banihal-Srinagar.Jammu-Udhampur is the worst section as this is undergoing widening.Jallianwala Bagh closes at 5pm.Beating retreat by BSF at Attari border is now in the summer schedule (iirc begins at 1645 and lasts for about 45mins)

http://goo.gl/maps/uQkQt

Day 1:Bangalore-Hyd (Aurangabad if you are ok driving 18hrs-19hrs)
Day 2:Aurangabad-Chittor
Day 3:Chittor-Ajmer (if you wish to visit the dargah/pushkar)
Day4:Ajmer-Amritsar
Thank you for a very speedy update and an excellent route. Posted in Amritsar late 70's & early 80's so been to the places mentioned. Its the wife's home town and she wants to catch up with a few friends so will be there for a couple of days before moving on.

Sad that my regiment has moved out from a border posting, en-route, recently.

This drive, with the wife, is to celebrate an advance 60th birthday (Sep). We drive for a max of 12 to 14 hrs or less and that to only in the day to enjoy the drive and the beautiful country side.
Any issues of safety on these roads and also service centres-Maruti??

Just a query-why go via Hyd to Aurangbad and not via Sholapur? Please.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ravveendrra (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/ravveendrra.html) did this route a couple of years back when he went to Ladakh (or was it last year?).

He is presently again on the same route.

He started back from Leh today/yesterday and should be back within the next 4/5 days.

He can give the latest update including on road conditions, hotels enroute, bad patches and much more.

I think he has posted a few updates in the last week on HVK Forum on Facebook.

Edit : You can Pm him after a few days.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 28th May 2013 at 15:36.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 15:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post

This drive, with the wife, is to celebrate an advance 60th birthday (Sep). We drive for a max of 12 to 14 hrs or less and that to only in the day to enjoy the drive and the beautiful country side.
Any issues of safety on these roads and also service centres-Maruti??

Just a query-why go via Hyd to Aurangbad and not via Sholapur? Please.
Sorry,not sure why I gave you the option of coming via Hyd.Blr-Solapur conditions are as below:

Day 1:BLR-Chitradurga:6 laning complete at many stretches,diversions do exist though

C'durga-Hospet:2laned/heavy truck traffic
Hospet-Bijapur:4laned
Bijapur-Solapur:Heavy truck traffic and slow progress,More of truck convoys.

This should be a long 12hr drive for you-dusty & trucky and plenty of speed breakers to negotiate!

You could stay the night at Solapur(Lotus,Hotel City Park,Hotel Tripurasundari )are some of the better ones.Cleanliness is suspect at all the hotels and of the lot I found Lotus to be slightly better off.

Day 2:Next day you could easily make it to Indore as Ratlam lacks any good stay options.

Day 3:Next day Indore-Ajmer /Kishangarh is easy with an 8hr drive

Day 4:Ajmer-Amritsar should be a long drive of about 12-13hrs

No safety issues anywhere,and especially since you are a day driver nothing to worry about.

All the big towns have Maruti ASCs,so that shouldnt be a major cause for concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

He is presently again on the same route.

He can give the latest update including on road conditions, hotels enroute, bad patches and much more.
Yes true Ravveendra is on the same trail .
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 13:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

http://hotelajantapalace.com/ is a good place to stay at Ratlam.A friend who stayed here recently advised this.
Old 18th October 2013, 13:59   #96

I plan to drive down from Gurgaon to Hyderabad during the first week in November. The plan is to complete the trip with one night halt so I would be starting early on November 8th around 4 am and drive until nightfall and start early next day to be able to reach Hyderabad by late evening the on Nov 9th. Please advise if this is possible and also please consider the fact that my ride for this trip is a Baleno (low ground clearance, with Luggage) so please advise on the best route to take.
The Truth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 09:09   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
I plan to drive down from Gurgaon to Hyderabad during the first week in November. The plan is to complete the trip with one night halt so I would be starting early on November 8th around 4 am and drive until nightfall and start early next day to be able to reach Hyderabad by late evening the on Nov 9th. Please advise if this is possible and also please consider the fact that my ride for this trip is a Baleno (low ground clearance, with Luggage) so please advise on the best route to take.
Did you completet this trip ? Which route did you take ? Could you (or any other members) give me a heads up on the road conditions and also stretches to avoid ?

I am planning to do the same route on 17 Dec 2013.

Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:58   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajsharma48 View Post
I am planning to do the same route on 17 Dec 2013.
Which route are you planning to take between Gurgaon and Hyderabad. You can expect updates once the route is known.
Old 5th December 2013, 18:47   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Which route are you planning to take between Gurgaon and Hyderabad. You can expect updates once the route is known.
The route I had planned is Gurgaon Faridabad Agra Gwalior Jhansi Lalitpur Sagar Narsinhpur Lakhnadon Seoni Nagpur Adilabad Kamareddy Secunderabad.

I will be driving a XUV. One driver (Just me and my wife. I will be the only one driving.

Main point of doubt is - Is Gwalior Jhansi direct a good idea or is it better to do the extra 100 odd km and go via Shivpuri ?

Could you also auggest one stopover between Gurgaon and Pench ? I plan to do the drive in 3 days with only day driving. Would like to do a stop in Pench on day 2.

Thanks a lot
Old 9th December 2013, 07:46   #100

Quote:
The route I had planned is Gurgaon Faridabad Agra Gwalior Jhansi Lalitpur Sagar Narsinhpur Lakhnadon Seoni Nagpur Adilabad Kamareddy Secunderabad.

I will be driving a XUV. One driver (Just me and my wife. I will be the only one driving.

Main point of doubt is - Is Gwalior Jhansi direct a good idea or is it better to do the extra 100 odd km and go via Shivpuri ?

Could you also auggest one stopover between Gurgaon and Pench ? I plan to do the drive in 3 days with only day driving. Would like to do a stop in Pench on day 2.

Thanks a lot

Disappointed at no response !

I have changed my plan to drive via Udaipur Mumbai Pune on 25 Dec
Old 9th December 2013, 15:28   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Do check out the Pune Hyderabad and Mumbai Hyderabad route threads for the best route between Pune and Hyderabad. Do give a careful thought to the fact whether you should or you should not use the Solapur - Hyderabad sector.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 15:59   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Disappointed at no response !

Ok, I know its late. Let me still add.

Undoubtedly Gwalior - Jhansi stretch is a nightmare to drive on. But, having tried Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior to avoid this stretch I would not recommend it either. Jhansi to Shivpuri is fantastic. Shivpuri to Gwalior is also not bad, though old fashioned undivided road. But getting in and out of Gwalior on this highway proved to be real pain. There was a 5 kilometer jam just before reaching Gwalior.

If taking Gwalior-Jhansi route, the road till Takenpur ( A BSF settlement, about 20 kilometers after Gwalior) has been done. In fact, it has reached till outskirts of Dabra, the next town. It is the road within and After Dabra that is completely broken.

I have recently learnt that there is a road that hits the Jhansi-Shivpuri road from Datia. I am going home last week of this month and will be trying this one now. If what i hears is true, than it will increase my journey by only about 25 kilometers but will save me from driving on absolutely non-existent roads between Datia and Jhansi.

So this effectively means, that this 100 kilometer nightmare between Gwalior and Jhansi is reduced to 50 kilometers of bad roads between little after Takenpur to Datia.

Last edited by New.Novice : 9th December 2013 at 16:04.
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 11:45   #103

Quote:

Thanks a lot
Well, I am not sure about the other route that you are planning for. However I did this route in May, 2013. Boy, was I surprised!

I traveled from Jhansi-Gwalior via Shivpuri. Jhansi to Shivpuri is a beautiful road. Shivpuri to Gwalior is not much of a pain either. Yes, there is a lot of traffic but manageable. From the feedback I got, it is better to do Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior.

I completed the same route in less than three days with only day driving (and it was during monsoons & i lost almost two hours due to Google maps ). Yes, there are stretches which did not exist (e.g. just as you enter Maharashtra) but most of the route was amazing to drive on.

I did Karimnagar - Seoni on day 1 of the drive and next day I stopped at Agra (I had to travel upto Punjab hence stopped at Agra, however if my final stop had been Delhi, i would have completed that on the same day)

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this route, will try my best.

Regards
Ankush Singla
Old 11th January 2014, 20:01   #104
BHPian

Dear all,

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Delhi in my GT TSI in a month's time. Can someone suggest the best route from the below (as suggested by Google maps):

1. R1: Hyderabad - Nagpur - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi
2. R2: Hyderabad - Nagpur - Hoshangabad - Guna - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi
3. R3: Hyderabad - Nanded - Khandwa - Dhar - Ratlam - Bhilwara - Jaipur - New Delhi

Kindly suggest if there is any other better route than the above.
Old 12th January 2014, 12:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Dear all,

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Delhi in my GT TSI in a month's time. Can someone suggest the best route from the below (as suggested by Google maps):

1. R1: Hyderabad - Nagpur - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi
2. R2: Hyderabad - Nagpur - Hoshangabad - Guna - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi
3. R3: Hyderabad - Nanded - Khandwa - Dhar - Ratlam - Bhilwara - Jaipur - New Delhi

Kindly suggest if there is any other better route than the above.
The best route would be Hyd-NH7-Dichipally-Nanded-Aurangabad-Dhule-Sendhwa-Pithampura-Ratlam-Mandasur-Neemuch-Nimbahera-Chittor-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur bypass-Manesar-Gurgaon.Majority of the sections are 4 laned on this route,post Aurangabad.

I wouldnt suggest the Osmanabad way to aurangabad since the NH9 is in pathetic condition at the moment.If things improve by the time you drive,you can drive via nh9-osmanabad-beed-aurangabad.

http://goo.gl/maps/KV0qj
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks