Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 00:15   #76

re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Currently, only Babina-Jhansi-Gwalior is in bad shape, the rest of the road is a beauty. To avoid the bad Jhansi-Gwalior section, you can take the Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior section which adds 75-100 kms but is a very fast route.
I am planning to go from Khammam (Andhra Pradesh) to Patiala (Punjab) soon. I did the reverse route i.e. from Patiala to Khammam in November 2012. The route I drove was:

Patiala - Delhi - Agra - Gwalior - Bhopal - Nagpur - Karimnagar - Warangal - Khammam

The road from Gwalior to Nagpur was .

I am planning to go via Sagar instead of Bhopal this time around. But as is mentioned by hvkumar that a part of this route (about 130 kms as per google maps) is in bad shape.

Then does the other option i.e. Jhansi - Shivpuri - Gwalior (which is abt 100 kms more) save time? I cann't remember a good stretch of road between Gwalior and Bhopal.

Regards
Old 2nd May 2013, 00:24   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For the Day-1 (Hyd-Aurangabad via Naldurg/Beed). Is it safe to drive? I read quite many things about that region.

Ref:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2451902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
That looks like an isolated incident.But then again driving through any MH state highway after dark is not my cup of tea as almost all the MH roads are isolated and lonely.
These are busy truck corridors. I would suggest you stick to the Solapur-Tembhurni-Karmala-Ahmednagar route at night if you wish to avoid risk totally
Old 2nd May 2013, 01:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlaankush View Post
Then does the other option i.e. Jhansi - Shivpuri - Gwalior (which is abt 100 kms more) save time? I cann't remember a good stretch of road between Gwalior and Bhopal.

Regards
Yes, Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior is an excellent road & will save you both time as well as a repair bill for your car!

But currently, Shivpuri-Guna-Biaora-Bhopal is also repaired & good.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 07:24   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
These are busy truck corridors. I would suggest you stick to the Solapur-Tembhurni-Karmala-Ahmednagar route at night if you wish to avoid risk totally
Thanks. Thats what even I had in mind to suggest. (Via Nagar). But I was not sure if that longer detour is worth it. Hence did not suggest.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:56   #80

So my planned route will look something like this:

Day 1: Khammam - Warangal - Karimnagar - Nagpur (Total 588 kms)
Day 2: Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur - Sagar (Total 401 kms)
Day 3: Sagar - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Gwalior- Agra (Total 538 kms)
Day 4: Agra - Delhi - Karnal - Patiala (Total 444 kms)

Can any one please suggest that if this is the optimum route or should I make some changes? I am not sure about Day 2 and Day 3. I think I am covering less distance on day 2 and I can compensate some of Day 3 distance on Day 2. But the reason to chose this breakup is to avoid travelling in MP after sunset and I think the accommodation available in Sagar will be better than other towns on the route to Jhansi.

Please provide your inputs.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:58   #81
BHPian

HVK, Ranjit & Ampere;

So what is the final conclusion?

Which route is the best till mid June from Hyderabad to Delhi and vice versa?

Please give some important cities enroute so that I can plot it out on a map.

Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
HVK, Ranjit & Ampere;

Which route is the best till mid June from Hyderabad to Delhi and vice versa?

Please give some important cities enroute so that I can plot it out on a map.

Thanks!
I would take the route discussed as follows:
Hyderabad-Medchal-Nirmal-Adilabad-Pandharkawada-Hinganghat-Nagpur-Kamptee-Seoni-Laknadon-Narasingapur-Sagar-Lalitpur-Babina-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Morena-Dholpur-Agra-YEH-Delhi.
http://goo.gl/maps/SCGOh
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:19   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
HVK, Ranjit & Ampere;

Quote:
Hyderabad-Medchal-Nirmal-Adilabad-Pandharkawada-Hinganghat-Nagpur-Kamptee-Seoni-Laknadon-Narasingapur-Sagar-Lalitpur-Babina-Jhansi-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Morena-Dholpur-Agra-YEH-Delhi.
HVK,
Break options for the day? That would be good to note ?

@hyd_traveller,
Do you plan to have any sight seeing on the way?
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:32   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So my planned route will look something like this:

Day 1: Khammam - Warangal - Karimnagar - Nagpur (Total 588 kms)
Day 2: Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur - Sagar (Total 401 kms)

Can any one please suggest that if this is the optimum route or should I make some changes? I am not sure about Day 2 and Day 3. I think I am covering less distance on day 2 and I can compensate some of Day 3 distance on Day 2. But the reason to chose this breakup is to avoid travelling in MP after sunset and I think the accommodation available in Sagar will be better than other towns on the route to Jhansi.

Please provide your inputs.
This looks good to me. Although remember a few points

* Just before Nagpur (the last 50-100 odd kms), you will have almost broken tarmacs with big potholes. In the evening these might be difficult to spot. Be careful while driving through this stretch.

* The second day stretch will strain every muscles in your body. The roads just after Nagpur (through Kanha) is more or less non-existant. Not only that, there are half broken bricks and stones embeded all over the pathway. You will not be able to drive at anything more than 10 kmph on this stretch.

* I think your itinerary, particularly day-2 is ok as the road conditions may not be good enough to cover much more than that.

* Entry to Gwalior is a left turn narrow road from the wide 4-laned expressway. Unless you are well familiar with this stretch there is a good chance that you will never notice this turn and keep zipping on that expressway. Till all of a sudden you reach a dysfunctional toll collection booth faraway ahead. I did and had to do offroading on a sedan that coated the car all red.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
http://goo.gl/maps/SCGOh
I will be taking this route on my return (as HVK had suggested offline) in my current Shimla-Manali trip.
My current trip has been awesome thanks to HVK's help and suggestions:

26th Apr: Hyd-Osmanabad (Roma Palace - Good)
27th Apr: Ratlam (Sagar Castle - Good)
28th Apr: Hanumangarh (Rajvi Palace - Excellent)
29th Apr: Amritsar (HongKong Inn -Excellent)
30th Apr: Shimla (4 nights - Currently here)
4th May: Manali (6 nights)
10th May: Manali-Agra
11th May: Narasingapur
12th May: Hyd

I will update all the route conditions in detail and drive times on 13th May...

Need suggestions on Overnight stay options in Agra and Narasingapur.

thanks.
Old 2nd May 2013, 21:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar
Quote:
HVK,
Break options for the day? That would be good to note ?
Seoni is a good place to halt if you are running late - Hotel Centre Point on the NH7 itself beyond Seoni without going into the city.
Narasingapur has several hotels - Hotel Pratap Palace, Hotel Amar Palace, Hotel Adithi - all of them near the railway station.
Hotels in Sagar are not as good as Narasingapur.
For any reason you manage to reach Jhansi, stay in Hotel Sita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
* Just before Nagpur (the last 50-100 odd kms), you will have almost broken tarmacs with big potholes. In the evening these might be difficult to spot. Be careful while driving through this stretch.
Some bad sections between Pandharakawada & Hinganghat due to incomplete road widening.

Quote:
* The second day stretch will strain every muscles in your body. The roads just after Nagpur (through Kanha) is more or less non-existant. Not only that, there are half broken bricks and stones embeded all over the pathway. You will not be able to drive at anything more than 10 kmph on this stretch.
Now the road is fine, no rough sections, they have all been repaired. Good all the way. Soem congestion around Kamptee, 2-laner in teh forest sections in the MH-MP border region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
I will be taking this route on my return (as HVK had suggested offline) in my current Shimla-Manali trip.
My current trip has been awesome thanks to HVK's help and suggestions:

10th May: Manali-Agra
11th May: Narasingapur
12th May: Hyd

I will update all the route conditions in detail and drive times on 13th May...

Need suggestions on Overnight stay options in Agra and Narasingapur.

thanks.
Agra - try the Palmstay Service Apartment
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
@hyd_traveller,
Do you plan to have any sight seeing on the way?
I do not have any plans at the moment and the query was to be aware of the route for my knowledge.
Quote:
Quote:
Entry to Gwalior is a left turn narrow road from the wide 4-laned expressway. Unless you are well familiar with this stretch there is a good chance that you will never notice this turn and keep zipping on that expressway. Till all of a sudden you reach a dysfunctional toll collection booth faraway ahead. I did and had to do offroading on a sedan that coated the car all red.
Zappo, I do not see from singalankush's post that he wants to enter Gwalior.
Quote:
Just before Nagpur (the last 50-100 odd kms), you will have almost broken tarmacs with big potholes. In the evening these might be difficult to spot. Be careful while driving through this stretch.
My opinion from 2009 : The last 60 odd kilometres from Jamb to Nagpur is an awesome 4 laned road. The broken tarmac and potholes are located just after one crosses from AP into MH and is a 20 odd kilometres stretch.
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:59   #88

Quote:

Zappo, I do not see from singalankush's post that he wants to enter Gwalior.

My opinion from 2009 : The last 60 odd kilometres from Jamb to Nagpur is an awesome 4 laned road. The broken tarmac and potholes are located just after one crosses from AP into MH and is a 20 odd kilometres stretch.
As per my experience in Nov 2012, I have to agree with HvK's observation. There was a stretch which was full of potholes but I don't think it was more than 30 kms.

@HVK, any decent hotel in Sagar for overnight stay?

Also, last time I relied on Google navigation and faced no problem, this time again I intend to do the same. So I don't think tht I should face any problem regarding the route.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@HVK, any decent hotel in Sagar for overnight stay?
Paradise is the only option afaik http://www.hotelparadise.in/gallery.html

Alternately if you have any defence forces contact,you could try to get an army guest house accomodation as Sagar is a huge army cantt.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:27   #90
BHPian

As already done the route (2011): Bangalore-Pune-Bypassed Mumbai-Surat-Ahmadabad-Bhuj-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Jaipur-and back to Bangalore via Daman.

Would like a change of scenery to Amritsar from Bangalore?

How about Bangalore-Sholapur-Aurangabad-Dhule-Manpur-Lebad-Ratlam-Chittor-Ajmer/Jaipur and from then please suggest a route till Amritsar. Is the route from Bangalore to Chittor via the places given above okay? Secondly route from either Ajmer or Jaipur to Amritsar. Or take the Central Route via Hyd-Nagpur-Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Jaipur??

From Amritsar planning to go upto Srinagar. Suggestion and advice please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks