Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 11:19   #271
BHPian

I have done this route at least 4 times in last 1 year. You can follow the pench route now rather than going chindwara route. Road work is almost complete except for a few diversion. The mp portion is 2 lanes but roads are in good condition. Usually I cover Hyderabad to narshingpur in 12 hours and then to delhi the next day. I have covered the whole stretch in 24 hours without stopover. You can choose kusum valley at narshinghpur for night halt. Talking about Telangana mh border, this has improved but still have bad patches for diversion. Gwalior Jhansi is still the same.
abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 12:23   #272

Re: Hyderabad to Delhi : Route Queries

I read (on line) that the Maharashtra CM inaugurated the Hinganghat rail overbridge on 29 Oct 2018. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 20th May 2019, 11:03   #273
BHPian

Route updates:

Hinganghat flyover is all complete, but there is a diversion for around 1 km after the flyover, due to road broadening/repair.

From MP border to almost Seoni -- road is under broadening work. Lots of fly-overs are under construction and the route is in bad state. One gets lots of traffic block especially near the MP check post at Khwasa. It is full of dust and broken roads and diversions.

Rest, from Jhansi to Hyderabad is a wonderful drive.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 06:56   #274
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Dehradun and need pointers on road conditions. I plan to drive for two days to reach delhi and need to know where can I stop for the night. Sagar or Narsinghpur?

Please let me know the road conditions and which routes to take to reach delhi. I don't want to drive through the western highways as it is longer.

Is this doable with family (1kid, wife, mom)? We usually carry food with us, so facilities aren't much of a concern. Rest stops, on the other hand, are.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I had done the route in 2010, and Jhansi - Gwalior route was nice 2 lane road. Has it deteriorated so much as I read online? Please help.

Thank you.
Old 21st July 2019, 06:57   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Rest, from Jhansi to Hyderabad is a wonderful drive.
Can you please let us know the exact route you took? And any places to stop and refresh?
Old 21st July 2019, 22:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hi,
I'm planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Dehradun and need pointers on road conditions. I plan to drive for two days to reach delhi and need to know where can I stop for the night. Sagar or Narsinghpur?

Is this doable with family (1kid, wife, mom)? We usually carry food with us, so facilities aren't much of a concern. Rest stops, on the other hand, are.
I drove from Hyderabad to Lucknow in late June only. I was actually coming back from further south but had two days stay in Hyd. The route I took was Hyderabad - Nirmal - Adilabad bypass - Nagpur bypass - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Narsinghpur - Sagar - Jhansi. On the first day, my intention was to reach Seoni and stay there but I had reached Seoni by 5 in the evening and thought I would make it till Narsinghpur. I regretted the decision because I found that Narsinghpur does not have a good place to stay.

Seoni is far better in this regard. You can choose Rajwada Grand. Otherwise, reach Sagar and stay at Deepali. Never stay at Narsinghpur. With early start from Hyderabad, you can reach Sagar same day. Hotel Deepali is close to NH.

Around 70 kms from Nagpur, at Pench, you will get a bad patch of 10 to 15 kms. The whole thing is under construction -- the controversial 9 km stretch which costs the govt a clean 1800 crore.

If you want, you can avoid this route but then you will have to enter Nagpur city and take the Chindwara route to Narsinghpur. You will not touch Seoni and Lakhnadon in this case. I wanted to better avoid the Nagpur city traffic at around 2 pm and preferred to try and cross the bad patch at Pench during daylight.
But I have also heard that the Chindwara route is beautiful with a smooth two-lane undivided highway. Especially in the rainy season.

So, choice is yours

Again, if you are taking Nagpur bypass- Seoni - Lakhnadon route, except that 10 kms at Pench, the road is excellent four lane all the way from Hyderabad to Jhansi as I drove last month. Via Chindwara, you can avoid this bad patch but will have to negotiate Nagpur and some town traffic.

It is very much doable with kid, wife and mom, but if I can suggest, don't drive very late in the night. Day-light driving (I stretch it till 9 pm etc)... that seemed to be safer always. I avoid driving beyond 8.30 pm usually on distant highway territories.

With women folk, you don't have any good places for refresh on the way from Hyderabad to near Nagpur. Absolutely no decent place on the highway anywhere. One solution is to enter Nirmal town and stop at Udupi restaurant on the way. Not a good place. It is a commonplace restaurant which has the basic toilet - that's all. Entering Nirmal and joining the highway on the other end can be fantastic. Really no traffic, it is more scenic, and distance is same...This is what I did.

Before Nagpur at Buti Bori, take the left turn from NH 44 towards the industrial area. You will get Hotel Mayur. Fantastic food in the restaurant and excellent washroom facilities. This was my lunch point.

Between Seoni and Narsinghpur, you will get Midway Treat restaurants of MP tourism. There is another one before Sagar and also before Lalitpur. Though they are quite small, they have some facilities which again could be decent.

Just before you enter Lalitpur, on your right on the NH, you have a Bharat Petroleum filling station. They have a dhaba and washroom facilities which are decent by any standard. You may not like that dhaba though. Only thing is that you have to take a U turn at that point.

Before Babina too, you have a Yuvaraj dhaba where again, some little facilities are available.

Hope this helps... I too don't have much idea about the Jhansi - Gwalior section. But it is a short section and is not in any bad shape I think. Hope you will take the Yamuna Expressway from Agra.

Happy driving. Let me know if you need any further info.

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 21st July 2019 at 22:30.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 22:28   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Hope this helps... I too don't have much idea about the Jhansi - Gwalior section. But it is a short section and is not in any bad shape I think. Hope you will take the Yamuna Expressway from Agra.
Definitely helpful. Thanks a ton.

Yes, I would take the YEW. I too plan to stay overnight at Sagar and that should enable me a 2 day drive to Delhi. Hope the roads hold up till my journey coz the dates aren't final yet. I could go around Eid ul azha or in September. Depends on a few factors.

Thanks again.
Old 8th September 2019, 21:29   #278
BHPian

Very helfpful inputs here. Im planning to start this Friday by morning/noon from Hyderabad and reach Chandigarh by noon Sunday. Planning to drive till Seoni on Friday, then Agra on Saturday. An early start should hopefully get me to Chandigarh around 2pm.

Does this plan make sense? Any decent place to stay in Agra with good food in which I can avoid the mad rush inside the city? Please also give direction regarding Agra (bypass etc.) if possible. Thanks!

Also shall be driving my 3rd Gen Honda City. Considering the lack of ground clearance, any stretch in particular I should avoid on this route?
Old 9th September 2019, 13:45   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Any decent place to stay in Agra with good food in which I can avoid the mad rush inside the city?
On one of our Hyd-Yamuna Nagar trips, we stayed at Hotel The Taj Vilas (https://goo.gl/maps/sA73EVRXHDouh7z89). The hotel was good with courteous staff. It's a perfect pit-stop if you want an early start the next day and planning to take Yamuna Expressway as it's super close to Easteren run of Agra Bypass which connects to Yamuna Expressway. In my opinion, facing Agra congestion towards to the end of journey will be a good idea as you can always push a little extra than face it at the start of your journey the next day.

Agra-Chandigarh is literally a cakewalk.

Quote:
Also shall be driving my 3rd Gen Honda City. Considering the lack of ground clearance, any stretch in particular I should avoid on this route?
Have taken my 2009 Honda City several times since 2014. The highways on this route have come a long way since and I didn't face any issues as such even back then.

If you don't have FasTag, please get it. It can save a ton of time especially on congested plazas on G.T. Road, between Agra - Gwalior etc.

Also, please be super careful on the empty stretches in MP. People tend to get carried away on these and there are way too many cows which can appear out of nowhere.

Extra caution within Haryana is required as Haryana police literally has too many mobile speed cameras and they are always looking for out of state cars.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 15:02   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Agra-Chandigarh is literally a cakewalk.
If you don't have FasTag, please get it. It can save a ton of time especially on congested plazas on G.T. Road, between Agra - Gwalior etc.

Much appreciated, thank you!

Post Agra, I'm assuming it would make sense to take the eastern peripheral highway? However I might have to drop my friend at Mayur Vihar, but he can ask his driver to come if it's too much of a hassle, any idea if going towards Noida/Mayr Vihar will add too much to the journey? (Assuming Sunday traffic early morning, rather lack of it hopefully).

Thanks for the reminder on Haryana cops yeas had to deal with them a few times on the Delhi-Chd route, but with the increase in fines we'll be super vigilant not to exceed the speeds on this journey! Or should we assume no such problems in Telangana/MP/UP ?

Last edited by avisidhu : 9th September 2019 at 15:08.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:27   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Post Agra, I'm assuming it would make sense to take the eastern peripheral highway? However I might have to drop my friend at Mayur Vihar, but he can ask his driver to come if it's too much of a hassle, any idea if going towards Noida/Mayr Vihar will add too much to the journey? (Assuming Sunday traffic early morning, rather lack of it hopefully).
I'd prefer Yamuna Expressway for Agra-Noida stretch any day over the NH-19 because NH has all sorts of crazy traffic with people coming on wrong side and what not. YEW has sorted traffic with wider lanes. Both have an interchange at Noida.

If you don't plan to take YEW, please avoid the hotel I suggested because that's optimized for YEW only. For the NH-19 route, this hotel will be a really bad decision.

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder on Haryana cops yeas had to deal with them a few times on the Delhi-Chd route, but with the increase in fines we'll be super vigilant not to exceed the speeds on this journey! Or should we assume no such problems in Telangana/MP/UP ?
On our trips so far, we were never stopped in MP/UP/TS. There are many patrolling vehicles near MP-UP border though.

Whatever your driving schedule ends up being, make sure you are doing Jhansi-Gwalior in the daylight. This is the only stretch that remains almost same as it was before 2014 because of the ongoing court battle between NHAI and the contractor. They only patch it from time to time but it's still mostly a two lane with tons of diversions.
Old 9th September 2019, 18:24   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
I'd prefer Yamuna Expressway for Agra-Noida stretch any day over the NH-19 because NH has all sorts of crazy traffic with people coming on wrong side and what not. YEW has sorted traffic with wider lanes. Both have an interchange at Noida.

If you don't plan to take YEW, please avoid the hotel I suggested because that's optimized for YEW only. For the NH-19 route, this hotel will be a really bad decision.
Sorry what I meant was; once I reach greater Noida, should I take the eastern peripheral expressway? It diverts from YEW somewhere after the budh international circuit, and would then directly connect to NH1 near Murthal. Don't have any idea how good or bad this expressway is. Of course till Greater Noida we'll take YEW .
Old 9th September 2019, 19:01   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry what I meant was; once I reach greater Noida, should I take the eastern peripheral expressway?
Yes, please do. My parents took it 3 months back for their Lucknow trip and it's a much needed relief from Delhi traffic.
Old 14th September 2019, 22:02   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im planning to start this Friday by morning/noon from Hyderabad and reach Chandigarh by noon Sunday
Did you make the trip? If so, please share your experience and latest road conditions on this stretch. Thanks in advance.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 06:18   #285
BHPian

Yes, please share trip details. Eagerly waiting. My dates are in - I'm starting from Hyderabad on 25th Oct, 5am. Plan to stop at Sagar,MP.

Confused, if I should take the chindwara route or seoni?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks