Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 12:34   #151
BHPian

Sorry Nainar. Completely got into the F1, followed by ENG/GER and then ARG/MEX. When I realized the mistake, it was too late. I will call you later in the afternoon today.

Souvik
Old 28th June 2010, 13:51   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahi View Post
I'm also planning to make a trip to Leh in early July 2010 in my Swift. Can you please suggest a thread where I could find out who all BHPians are travelling to Leh in early July.
I am planning to make the trip tentatively in 2nd week of july as leaves are more or less possible for me & wife that time. Planning to take the Srinagar route as the manali leh route is in a horrible condition.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:09   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I am planning to make the trip tentatively in 2nd week of july as leaves are more or less possible for me & wife that time. Planning to take the Srinagar route as the manali leh route is in a horrible condition.
HI,
I am also planning to leave on the 10th of july from Mumbai to Leh and going to be there for the confluence.
Is anyone else from Tbhp going to be there at the confulence ?
Which Route would be better for me take ?
Old 28th June 2010, 14:18   #154
BHPian

Hi Karanj,

After a lot of discussions and research and valuable feedback from TBHP forum, the route that we are taking (I will concentrate only on the Mum-Leh section for you) is:

Day 1: Mumbai - Vadodara - Ahmedabad expressway - Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Chandigargh
Day 3: Chandigargh-Manali
Day 4: Manali - Sarchu
Day 5: Sarchu - Leh

Souvik
Old 28th June 2010, 14:26   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is monsoon time. Kashmir will get a lot of rain, while Manali Leh highway will be relatively drier. As long as you cross the tough patches before noon, its okay.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:30   #156
Team-BHP Support

What exactly is the condition of Baralacha stretch now? Anybody has a clear idea?
Old 28th June 2010, 15:01   #157
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

I spoke to a couple of taxi drivers in the region who ply their Innova / Qualis in that road. They said that the route is open and road conditions are fine. Except a few places where there are "road-injuries" being inflicted by the rocks.

Souvik
Old 28th June 2010, 15:29   #158
Team-BHP Support

Some people on small cars(indigo dzire etc,.) have crossed over in the past 3-4 days.
A friend had to wait on night in sarchu as an oil tanker got stuck 10pm in the night. Only after it was towed out, vehicles could go.
So its hit or miss.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahi View Post
I'm also planning to make a trip to Leh in early July 2010 in my Swift. Can you please suggest a thread where I could find out who all BHPians are travelling to Leh in early July.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanj View Post
HI,
I am also planning to leave on the 10th of july from Mumbai to Leh and going to be there for the confluence.
Is anyone else from Tbhp going to be there at the confulence ?
Which Route would be better for me take ?
Hi guys,
I am leaving Bombay on the 4th of July. Am going via Srinagar. I will be in Kargil on the 8th of July. Back again in Kargil on the 10th of July. In Leh on the 11th and 12th of July. Then onwards to K-Top, Deskit/ Hunder, PangongTso, TsoMoriri, Sarchu, Manali and back to Bombay. Might have to return to Leh, in case the Deskit-Pangong route is blocked, or the Pangong-TsoMoriri route is blocked.
If any of you are around, would surely love to meet up with you!
Old 28th June 2010, 22:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It is monsoon time. Kashmir will get a lot of rain, while Manali Leh highway will be relatively drier. As long as you cross the tough patches before noon, its okay.
Thats true, but the conditions of the manali-leh route looks dicey as of now, more for a first timer like me. Keeping a watch on the status, will decide on the final route depending on the latest condition.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:35   #161
Senior - BHPian

I think there is only point which is still messy of now, which is Baralacha La Pass, that too, I think just at the start of the ascent, if you have good GC car, I will say take a chance, you cross that with little patience and you will have hell lot of fun.

If you are with kid, don't even think of doing it as you might have to stay in Sarchu for a night
Old 29th June 2010, 10:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I think there is only point which is still messy of now, which is Baralacha La Pass, that too, I think just at the start of the ascent, if you have good GC car, I will say take a chance, you cross that with little patience and you will have hell lot of fun.
If you are with kid, don't even think of doing it as you might have to stay in Sarchu for a night
GC shouldn't be a problem. Offcourse the manali route in itself is an experience, just a bit apprehensive whether it 'll be too adventurous. Only two of us will be there (me & wife). Staying at sarchu is one thing i want to avoid but seems it is inevitable as 14 hours of driving in that stretch will be too much for me. Not to mention tanglang la might need to be crossed in late afternoon & thats definitely not good.
In any case, if any other folks are driving down around same time from Delhi, give me a buzz, its better to go in a small convoy than all alone, more so for the inexperienced ones.
Old 29th June 2010, 11:22   #163
Team-BHP Support

Also keep in mind that Kashmir is on the boil currently. Do you really want to take that risk.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:30   #164
BHPian

Hi Kandisa,

As Tanveer said, Kashmir is not too peaceful now. If you really want to avoid staying in Sarchu, you can probably halt early at Keylong and then the next day travel to Leh? The next day's journey (Keylong to Leh instead of Sarchu to Leh) becomes a bit of a stretch though.

Souvik
Old 29th June 2010, 16:29   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Also keep in mind that Kashmir is on the boil currently. Do you really want to take that risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvik View Post
...As Tanveer said, Kashmir is not too peaceful now..
Yeah the recent happenings are not at all encouraging & these kind of freak incidences are rather common in Kashmir. I recall one of Tanveer's old statements, better to fight nature than some crazy mobs. Guess need to stick to the manali route only. Lets see.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks