Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 19:16   #256
BHPian

Could anyone guide me the route I have to take from chikmagalur to Karkala via Kudremukh. I know the road condtion from B'lore to chikmaglur is good. My destination is Suratkal and planning for a trip in couple of weeks's time. I would like to know the Kilometer wise break-up and the present road condition.
Thanks in advance
Old 10th December 2008, 12:20   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Could anyone guide me the route I have to take from chikmagalur to Karkala via Kudremukh. I know the road condtion from B'lore to chikmaglur is good. My destination is Suratkal and planning for a trip in couple of weeks's time. I would like to know the Kilometer wise break-up and the present road condition.
Thanks in advance
If you are travelling from Bangalore to kudremukh, You can avoid Chikmagalur.
The route is , BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-GONIBEEDU-MUDIGERE
KOTTIGEHAR-KALASA-KUDREMUKH-BAJAGOLI-KARKALA-MULKI-SURATHKAL
The road condition is good from Bangalore - Mudigere ( Returned 2 days back from native)
Old 10th December 2008, 12:32   #258
Senior - BHPian

Yes this road is nice had taken this route a month back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The road condition is good from Bangalore - Mudigere ( Returned 2 days back from native)
Old 10th December 2008, 13:42   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thank you. I need a few clarification. In My last trip in Sep, I had taken the Mudigere- Charmadi-Ujire-BC road route and the road from Belur to Kottigehara was not in good shape. As per you, It's good now ?

Also I saw a deviation at Kottigehara saying Kudremukh is 75 Kms. I assume Karkala is 80 Km from Kudremukh. Another 55 Kms to Suratkal via Padubidri. Mudigere being 280 Kms from bangalore, the total distance to Suratkal turns out to be 480 odd Kms. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now If i had travelled via Charmadi, it would be 420 KMs(as per my last trip).How is the road condition from Kottigehara to Kudremukh.

Any input in this regard is appreciated.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:58   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I need a few clarification. In My last trip in Sep, I had taken the Mudigere- Charmadi-Ujire-BC road route and the road from Belur to Kottigehara was not in good shape. As per you, It's good now ?
Hi,
I had been through this route last weekend. Belur to Kottigehara is OK. After this there is a left turn to Kalasa. From this point the road is quite bad till Kalasa.

NMA
Old 10th December 2008, 15:28   #261
Senior - BHPian

bkishore yes it should sum up around 480kms..

last month it was ina good shape with very small patches of bad section...but since the majority of the drive would consist of winding road you will take longer time....
Old 10th December 2008, 18:50   #262

Bangalore-Dubare-Kushalanagara-Mangalore route query

Hi,
I am planning a trip to Jungle lodges, Dubare (near kushalanagara) and Mangalore during christmas holidays.
I will be travelling in my alto.I will be staying in Dubare and from there will move on to mangalore.
I have following queries regarding the route from Dubare to Mangalore.
1. What is the current condition of madikeri-sulya-puttur-mangalore road ?
2. How much time does it take from Madikeri to Mangalore in this route ?
3. In this thread, there was one suggestion to take madikeri-sulya-kasargod-mangalore route. What is the condition of this route and how much does this route take from Madikeri to Mangalore (on an average). Is this route still preferred over sullya-puttur-mangalore road.

4. While comming back from Mangalore to Bangalore, I was thinking of taking shiradi ghat route via hassan. I have heard that shiradi ghat road is not in good shape now. Please advice me whether to take madikeri route or shiradi ghat route while comming back.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Manu
Old 10th December 2008, 19:06   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_nu_t View Post
Hi,
KSRTC Airavats plying between B'lore-M'lore take this route now. It takes a maximum time of 4 hours (about 150kms) to drive between Madikeri and M'lore.

Quote:
4. While comming back from Mangalore to Bangalore, I was thinking of taking shiradi ghat route via hassan. I have heard that shiradi ghat road is not in good shape now. Please advice me whether to take madikeri route or shiradi ghat route while comming back.
Shiradi Ghats is best avoided if travelling by a small car. Suggesting you take the Madikeri route again.
Old 11th December 2008, 09:56   #264
Senior - BHPian

manu any route you take you will come across bad stretch...

shiradi ghats... is not a good option

Quote:
Hi,
I am planning a trip to Jungle lodges, Dubare (near kushalanagara) and Mangalore during christmas holidays.
I will be travelling in my alto.I will be staying in Dubare and from there will move on to mangalore.
I have following queries regarding the route from Dubare to Mangalore.
3. In this thread, there was one suggestion to take madikeri-sulya-kasargod-mangalore route. What is the condition of this route and how much does this route take from Madikeri to Mangalore (on an average). Is this route still preferred over sullya-puttur-mangalore road.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Manu
Old 11th December 2008, 11:42   #265
BHPian

Please give some info on the present condition of roads from kasaragod to kundapur via manglore . We did one trip in sep 2008 (tvpm - kollur) the kerala roads upto kasargod was ok , but after that it was with huge potholes through out kasargod . And from kasargod to kundapur virtually there was no road. So tell me the present scenario .
Old 11th December 2008, 11:46   #266
Senior - BHPian

Swathy firstly you should not be worried much, since you drive a adventure

anyways things are better, near suratkal you will come across some bad stretch but manageble, till Udupi its good again near Kundapura there is a bad patch...
Old 11th December 2008, 17:13   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also I saw a deviation at Kottigehara saying Kudremukh is 75 Kms. I assume Karkala is 80 Km from Kudremukh. Another 55 Kms to Suratkal via Padubidri. Mudigere being 280 Kms from bangalore, the total distance to Suratkal turns out to be 480 odd Kms. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now If i had travelled via Charmadi, it would be 420 KMs(as per my last trip).How is the road condition from Kottigehara to Kudremukh.

Any input in this regard is appreciated.

Bangalore to Mudigere is 255Kms not 280Kms
Mudigere - Kudremukha - 80Kms
Old 12th December 2008, 22:45   #268
Senior - BHPian

Travelled by sleeper coach from Belthangadi to Bangalore last week. Spent most of the time bouncing around in mid air. It was a really stomach churning ride till I fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion. Thankfully, I don't have to repeat this trip any time soon.

PS: One silver lining is that the bus reached Bangalore on time, at around 6:00am, despite the obstacle course.

Last edited by spadival : 12th December 2008 at 22:47.
Old 12th December 2008, 23:51   #269
BHPian

the road from NH-48 (at Gundya) to Kukke is newly laid, and is like a runway. please look at the picture above. But the stretch after sakleshpur to gundya was really bad (some 35 km). Please read through some of the road updates, on NH-48.
Old 13th December 2008, 13:01   #270
BHPian

Query - Help needed for a long-awaited holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
What an Idea! Done, 2nd day stay will be in Udipi / Mangalore.

From Marawanthe I would come straight to Udipi, visit Krishna Mutt and then check into a hotel. In early evening go to Malpe and St Mary's Island. And rest of the evening for the Hermit on the hill
I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. I would like to follow similar route as mentioned.

Day 1

Bangalore - Tumkur (71) - Shimoga (280) - Jog falls (380) - Murudeshwar (455)
Sight seeing stops: Jog falls, Sunset point (Murudeshwar)

Day 2
Murudeshwar - Marvanthe (50) - Kundapur (65) - Udipi (103)
Sight seeing stops: Marwanthe beach, Krishna Mutt, Malpe Beach, St Mary's Island

Day 3
Udupi - Kukke (62) - Sulya - Madikere (147)
Sight seeing stops: Kukke, Raja's seat, Abbey falls

Day 4
Madikere - Kushalnagar - Mysore - Bangalore
Sight seeing stops: Dubare elephant camp, Golden temple

Please suggest if the trip is doable. Please suggest any alternatives, if possible.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks