Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:05   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
. I would like to know about good food joints on NH48, especially between nelamangala junction and sakleshpur. . Is there any alternatives to these joints ? Please let us know.
Some hotels/Cafe's between Bangalore - Sakelshpura
Cafe Coffee day - Bellur Cross, just before the toll bridge
Hotel Shark food palace - Just after Solur
Mayura Hotel at Bellur coss after the bridge
Kanch cafe - Bellur cross opposite to college
King's Fort Dhabha - CRPatna
Hotel Athithi - Udayapura after CRPatna
Hotel Kamath Upachar - Udaypura
Cafe Coffee day - Udaypura
Hotel Suvarna Regency -Hassan
Hotel Mamatha for nice Fish food - Hassan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
paragsachania, thats a nice report!

Jmaruru, there is a restaurant once you enter sakleshpura, just when the winding road starts to the right. its quiet new one forgot the name though.
Hotel Ashrita Sakleshpur Opposite to cosmopolitan club
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:07   #512
BHPian

Quote:
paragsachania, thats a nice report!

Jmaruru, there is a restaurant once you enter sakleshpura, just when the winding road starts to the right. its quiet new one forgot the name though.
It's called Ossoor cafe.Not good at all.The one opposite Kamat upachar is "Athithi", about 15km from Channaraypatna.There are two coffee days:one before Bellur cross(the only toll booth on this road) & the other in front of Kamat Upachar.IMO,Mayura is the best.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:45   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
It's called Ossoor cafe.Not good at all.The one opposite Kamat upachar is "Athithi", about 15km from Channaraypatna.There are two coffee days:one before Bellur cross(the only toll booth on this road) & the other in front of Kamat Upachar.IMO,Mayura is the best.
Agree with you, Mayura is the best. love Dosa and vada.
Just after Kunigal there is a small thatte idli restaurant used to have there when ever i start late.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:45   #514
BHPian

athithi/vishnu bhavan/brundavan ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Some hotels/Cafe's between Bangalore - Sakelshpura
Quote:
Thanks sushrutha, for the comprehensive list. Has anyone tried "brundavan fast foods" or "vishnu bhavan" near yediyur ?

@chandan: Howz the food at athithi ? Had been there longtime back, i.e when they had opened newly and felt food wasn't great..
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:31   #515
BHPian

Quote:
@chandan: Howz the food at athithi ? Had been there longtime back, i.e when they had opened newly and felt food wasn't great..
Athithi is not a good option.Food is not to my liking & the service sucks.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:24   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sushrutha, for the comprehensive list. Howz the food at athithi ? Had been there longtime back, i.e when they had opened newly and felt food wasn't great..
Quote:
Athithi is not a good option.Food is not to my liking & the service sucks.
Yep food is not great there.
Last time when i had been there for dinner, man the rice was not cooked properly and it was cold. So from there on stopped going there
SERVICE SUCKS there. Need to wait a minimum for 15-20mins just to get a plate of idli
Old 4th April 2009, 11:16   #517
Senior - BHPian

Guys i took hassan-chikmaglur-sringeri-agumbe-udupi route and roads are in excellent shape, distance came up to 415kms but complete peace of mind, no vehicle to overtake, greeenary all the way :-)

but yes, only those who are coming towards udupi can find this useful. and for the ones who want to come via mangalore, i found that mangalore-udupi has improved alot and is pothole free almost.
Old 5th April 2009, 08:01   #518
BHPian

Update on Shirdi ghat road condition

Had been to Dharmasthala (from Bangalore) on April 02, 09 via Shiradi Ghat section in my Swift VDI.

The curves (cemented last year) are still in good shape. Where the tar road meets the cemented portion, there are dips. One needs to drive carefully.

Repairs are in progress but at a slow pace.

BTW, had food at Ossoor on the way back (this is a few kms after Bage post and before Ballupet on the way from Sakleshpur to Hassan).

We had dosas and it was good. The toilets need to be better maintained.

Ravi.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:41   #519
Senior - BHPian

Folks thanks to my plans geting changed i had to take shiradi and go to Mangalorew...

Shiradi is MUCH better then what it was 2 years back, only down side is where the concrete gets over after the curve there is a big pot hole, some are really big which can disturb a lorry...so these are the places one has to look out for...Sakleshpure and afetr Nelliady the drive is good.
Old 7th April 2009, 00:00   #520
Senior - BHPian

Now I'm also getting the courage to go through Shiradi next week. Somehow Mysore-Madikeri seems way too round about route.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 7th April 2009 at 00:01.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:44   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Had been to Dharmasthala (from Bangalore) on April 02, 09 via Shiradi Ghat section in my Swift VDI.

The curves (cemented last year) are still in good shape. Where the tar road meets the cemented portion, there are dips. One needs to drive carefully.

Repairs are in progress but at a slow pace.
Ravi.
Quote:
Shiradi is MUCH better then what it was 2 years back, only down side is where the concrete gets over after the curve there is a big pot hole, some are really big which can disturb a lorry...so these are the places one has to look out for...Sakleshpure and afetr Nelliady the drive is good.
Hi Guys,

whats the time taken from Bangalore to Gundya checkpost.
How much of it is spent in the bad road part and whats the distance of the bad roads in ghat section.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:31   #522
Senior - BHPian

Good to know about shiradi, i wanted to come back via shiradi but i had to take madikeri route to bangalore as i had some work in puttur. Roads are in great shape with the patchwork complete on madikeri-sampaje side and kushalnagar-madikeri as well.

Though these 30 odd kms are rough, they are in good shape and can be done 60+ kmph easily

Good for those who want to visit mangalore. for those who want to go to udupi side, nothing can beat chikmaglur-sringeri route
Old 9th April 2009, 08:11   #523
BHPian

hi all i am planning to go to upupi and mapmyindia suggests route via mangalore2. Bangalore - Hassan -Gonibeed -Mudigere - mangalore- Udupiis this route same as2. Bangalore - Hassan -Gonibeed -Mudigere - kalasa - Karkala - UdupiPlease let me know.If i have to go via sringeri then what is the route i have to takePlease suggest best route
Old 9th April 2009, 10:00   #524
Senior - BHPian

For Udupi, i feel best option is Bangalore-Hassan-belur-Aldur-Balehonnur-Jayapura-Sringeri-Agumbe-hebri.

distance around 415kms, and roads are scenic and excellent..just drove last week.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:58   #525
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Rajshenoy.
Please take the above mentioned route. It's good all the way till udupi.
Also refer the Bangalore - Mangalore thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks