Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 11:24   #541
Senior - BHPian

addyhemmige, yea actually the bad stretch is too short but in the span of about 20kms you fin few so i stated as 20

thanks I drive a " Palio Adventure"

Btw you have used too many smilys, you are supposed to use max 2.

Last edited by lohithrao : 13th April 2009 at 11:26.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:13   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Yes, the belur - aldur route is not recommended. It is a single road which is ridden with potholes.

Chikmagalur to Aldur road is bad until you take deviation from the Mudigere road towards Aldur.
Nopes, both the roads are not in bad condition. they have filled thepotholes longtime back, but definetely the roads are sometimes rough due to patchy repair
Old 13th April 2009, 12:37   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Nopes, both the roads are not in bad condition. they have filled thepotholes longtime back, but definetely the roads are sometimes rough due to patchy repair
Thanks for the update dude. It is good to hear that the Belur - Gendehally road is patched up. It was pretty bad sometime back.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:14   #544
Senior - BHPian

I can confirm the good condition of first road(i.e chikmaglur-aldur) its in excellent condition and i just drove on it a week back and it was drivable, you may not cruise on 100+ kmph because the roads are winding, but its definitely good to drive at 60-80kmph

the exact route is, chikmaglur-vastare-take a diversion to right which guides you towards sringeri(aldur)

Last edited by rajshenoy : 13th April 2009 at 14:15.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:19   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Btw you have used too many smilys, you are supposed to use max 2.
I guess he was too happy to see the state of shiradi ghats..i guess even our mods will allow him since shiradi ghat in good condition is..well quite a phenomenon

Lohit, how much time you took from nelamangala to home ? yashwanthpur traffic is a pain.

Any suggestion to beat this traffic ? will taking the nice road to mysore-kanakpura help in anyway ?
Old 13th April 2009, 14:30   #546
Senior - BHPian

hehehe am sure mods will spare him

Raj, i took NICE road til Bannerghatta road, the entire stretch is about 37kms(entire NICE stretch) ,i had to shell out 63 rupees and i guess its kind of worth...i maintained 150+kms the entire stretch, that is slowing down where ever required. i think i took about 15-20mins to cover this stretch.

From bannerghatta road to Hal its about 25kms and i took about an hour, this is via ORR( remember it was Sunday afternoon).

Agree peenya road has become a pain! while going i took about 3 hours to reach Nelamangala, i started around 8ish.

btw how safe is NICE during early mornings and late nights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I guess he was too happy to see the state of shiradi ghats..i guess even our mods will allow him since shiradi ghat in good condition is..well quite a phenomenon

Lohit, how much time you took from nelamangala to home ? yashwanthpur traffic is a pain.

Any suggestion to beat this traffic ? will taking the nice road to mysore-kanakpura help in anyway ?

Last edited by lohithrao : 13th April 2009 at 14:35.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:08   #547
BHPian

Agree with RajShenoy. I was on this route during the first few days of April and almost all roads are good. The Belur, Chikmagalur, Aldur road was very good. Even the Sringeri road to SK Border was patched up. Last year end it was horrible. The Albur - Balehonnur - Sringeri road is good as well. Generally I found the roads to be in decent condition in most of the places.

From Singeri, it is better to go to Udupi via Agumbe. I feel the Karkala route could be longer. Not sure how the road is on Agumbe ghat. Last year end it was bad. Hope they had fixed it now. In case the need is not to go to Sringeri but to Udupi, then the Mudigere - Kottigehara - Kalasa - Kudhremukh - Karkala route may be shorter.

S.Suresh
Old 13th April 2009, 16:18   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehehe am sure mods will spare him

Agree peenya road has become a pain! while going i took about 3 hours to reach Nelamangala, i started around 8ish.

OOPS!!! won't make that mistake again.

@lohith - Instead of taking Peenya Nelamangala stretch towards Kunigal and beyond, you can go via Magadi road alternatively.
If you go via Magadi you will rejoin NH48 just before Kunigal. Distance wise it is the same, but you will avoid the chaotic peenya Nelamangala stretch. there is very little traffic on this road and the road itself is excellent (except for a small stretch in Magadi town and just before Tippagondanahalli)
People from appoaching from the southern and western parts of Bangalore can use this road.

You may encounter some raffic till NICE road, but after that it will be a smooth drive all the way to Kunigal.
You have to pass though what i call 'a mini ghat section' before magadi. But the road is wide enough and well laid, so u can speed through the curves. Roadwork is still going on near Tippagondanahalli dam, but it can be easily managed.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:41   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

btw how safe is NICE during early mornings and late nights?
I can say about early mornings: quite safe.
I used it quite a lot for an exit to NH4. There are the odd trucks and cabbies. The key is not to stop for anything/anyone no matter what.

During late nights, I heard, its not safe.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:43   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just back from Mangalore, i took about 5hrs 15 mins from pumpwell circle to Nelamangla.
That is amazing timing! How much from Nelmangala to your place, 2 hours? . Once I reached Nelmangala at 7:15 PM and reached dairy circle at around 8:45 PM (merciless traffic and lack of road info). I didn't know about the detour via NICE then.
Old 13th April 2009, 18:21   #551
Senior - BHPian

I guess the mods should merge this with the Mangalore info thread and perhaps rename it accordingly. Since Udupi/Mangalore are pretty close it doesnt make sense to have seperate threads
Old 14th April 2009, 09:54   #552
BHPian

Hi Lohit,

How is the road condition from BC Road to Gundya? During the last time i travelled on this road, most of the curves were damaged. Also, near Uppinangady bridge, the road had huge craters.

I am planning to drive down to Mangalore end of this month, and would prefer to drive via Shiradi.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
Old 14th April 2009, 10:10   #553
Senior - BHPian

Satish, Gundya to BC road is good they have covered up all bad pataches. the upinagadi stretch was horrible a while back now they have re tarred and its in good shape now..

Thanks Pervez, i took Nice road till Bannerghata road and took the ORR, this took about 1.30 hrs... i dont dare to take Penya road its become a PAIN these days. till all the road work gets completed i guess its best to avoid it.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:06   #554
Senior - BHPian

I second that via magadi road travelling to Kunigal. 5 years back I tried that road multiple times. Road was bad in last 3 years and now this year road repair almost over so one can start taking that road. But watch out for village limits and may be unexpected road humps. Ask for directions in crossings as one can easily miss the right road.

I prefer Hosur road rather than Bannergatta road(most congested road).

Ravi.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:19   #555
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, how do we connect to Nice from Hosur? that is if am coming from ORR...Silk board?

And from where to take diversion to Magadi from Mysore road? approx distance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks