Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2019, 23:55   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Do let know if you require additional route details.
Last time I used Google maps, it exited nice road very early and took me on the other route to Mysore. There was less traffic, but the roads were bad.
So I was wondering how bad the traffic will be and which of these 2 options will be better.
Edited to add:
This was the route it took me through.
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-screenshot_20190102000549.png

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 2nd January 2019 at 00:07.
Old 2nd January 2019, 00:05   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Last time I used Google maps, it exited nice road very early .
I am guessing you took Kanakapura route last time, since you didn't like that route last time, you are not going to like it now also due to ongoing road work. So its better yo stick to Bidadi - Ramanagaram - Mandya route.

Just be sure that you are taking this exit.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 00:13   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing you took Kanakapura route last time, since you didn't like that route last time, you are not going to like it now also due to ongoing road work. So its better yo stick to Bidadi - Ramanagaram - Mandya route.

Just be sure that you are taking this exit.
You are right. We drove through Kanakapura.
Thanks for pointing out the correct exit. We drove on this route on the return and traffic was ok and roads were better.
Any reason why some people prefer the Kanakapura route?
Old 2nd January 2019, 08:28   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Any reason why some people prefer the Kanakapura route?
During weekends / holidays traffic on Bidadi - Mandya route is bad, Kanakapura route gives an option for relatively better route .
Old 2nd January 2019, 15:48   #905
BHPian

I drove in the regular road yesterday..started at 4. 15 pm all the while dreading the holidays retuning traffic, but to my surprise, it was not much and looked normal. I was able to reach home at 6.40 pm
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:33   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Caught in a horrible traffic yesterday from Mysore to Bangalore. I know its not any new, but somehow yesterday it felt even more. While going to Nanjanagudu we took Kanakapura - Malavalli - Bannur - Mysore ring road route but while returning I took Mandya road since there is still construction under progress on Kanakapura road and didn't wanted to take that route in night.
KK
Quote:
Do let know if you require additional route details.
If I leave Bangalore CBD at 6:30 am on a Friday for Mysore, would it make sense to take the Kanakapura road (ongoing road work) or Mysore road (bad traffic)?
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:37   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
If I leave Bangalore CBD at 6:30 am on a Friday for Mysore, would it make sense to take the Kanakapura road (ongoing road work) or Mysore road (bad traffic)?
Hello Leslie, how you doing?

I think for Friday morning, you can stick with Mandya route only, as there would not be much traffic on the week days.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:08   #908
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I think for Friday morning, you can stick with Mandya route only, as there would not be much traffic on the week days.
And that also means you will have way too many options to break your fast

A 5am start for a drive/ride on Mysore Road usually negates the break options since most open at 6:45am or later, but perfect for you since you plan to start @6:30am.
Traffic should be easily manageable as it's a weekday and a lot of people are just back to their homes/work from their year-end vacations. Have a good, safe and enjoyable ride
Old 4th January 2019, 11:17   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
And that also means you will have way too many options to break your fast

A 5am start for a drive/ride on Mysore Road usually negates the break options since most open at 6:45am or later, but perfect for you since you plan to start @6:30am.
Traffic should be easily manageable as it's a weekday and a lot of people are just back to their homes/work from their year-end vacations. Have a good, safe and enjoyable ride
Thanks for your suggestion. But the problem is getting to Mysore road now that the Sirsi circle flyover in under repair and traffic from Town Hall to Mysore side needs to go under the flyover in the mornings

Probably need to take Nice road to Mysore road now
Old 6th January 2019, 22:22   #910
BHPian

I am sure that most of us have already noticed that infamous speed breakers are again crawling back on the mysore road. I am sure they will increase in coming months to make the drive as miserable as it was 3-4 years back.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 16:36   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. But the problem is getting to Mysore road now that the Sirsi circle flyover in under repair and traffic from Town Hall to Mysore side needs to go under the flyover in the mornings

Probably need to take Nice road to Mysore road now
Is this repair work complete now?
Can we now take the flyover on both onward and return directions?
Old 15th April 2019, 13:55   #912
BHPian

Travelling to Wayanad (near to Kalpetta) on Friday, 19th April. Since it being a long weekend , looking for route options and breakfast options.

I live near Orion Mall. And planning to start at 5AM. Was in a dilemma, whether to take the BLR - MYS road (via Mandya) or take alternate roads. I went through the pages and liked the below option

BLR - Nelamangala - Bellur Cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna - Left near Colombia Asia Hospital Mysore - Mysore ORR - Nanjangud - Gundulpete - Sulthan Bathery - Kalpetta

Which is a better option considering the Traffic and Post Elections?

Also, if i take Bellur Cross route (and considering 5AM departure), which restaurant options are good for 8AM breakfast?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th April 2019, 14:07   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
BLR - Nelamangala - Bellur Cross - Nagamangala - Srirangapatna - Left near Colombia Asia Hospital Mysore - Mysore ORR - Nanjangud - Gundulpete - Sulthan Bathery - Kalpetta
5AM start from Orion Mall via Nagamangala (165Km) will take 3 hours to reach Srirangapatna. If you take the regular Mysore road via Kengeri (125Km), it will take 2 hours. Mysore road is 4-lane divided highway. Some stretches in the Nagamangala route are undivided 2 lane road. You may consider the regular route. After 8AM, there will be plenty of eating options.

Last edited by msdivy : 15th April 2019 at 14:10.
Old 15th April 2019, 18:22   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
5AM start from Orion Mall via Nagamangala (165Km) will take 3 hours to reach Srirangapatna. If you take the regular Mysore road via Kengeri (125Km), it will take 2 hours. You may consider the regular route. After 8AM, there will be plenty of eating options.
Thanks. 2 Hours on Mysore road on a long weekend - starting at 5AM. Is that really possible? Let me check google maps on the day of travel and hope Google Maps gets it right.
Old 15th April 2019, 18:24   #915
Distinguished - BHPian

Do note, Friday will not be the first day of a long weekend. Thursday (18 April) is election day for this side of KA. Hence you can expect majority of people to have left by previous day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks