Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:35   #871
BHPian

Quick update: landed in Bangalore from LA yesterday and traveled to Mysore on the same day .Took the Volvo from satellite bus stand as I had to drop some stuff at my co-sisters house. Pls avoid traveling via nayandahalli - Kengeri as the whole stretch is being dug up metro work. Better to go via alternate routes. Came back to Bangalore the same day via the Tuticorin express train to avoid the bus hassle.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:51   #872
BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

As per today's DH

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img20180724wa0021.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:06   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Kanakapura road widening in progress. Pic taken today, at a point near APS college.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-kanakapura_roadwidening.jpg
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 16:09   #874
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a weekend drive to Mysore on Sat, 13th Oct. I am interested in the open bus sightseeing that has started for Dasara.

It seems the trip starts from the City bus stand and would like to know if there is a safe place where I can leave the car near the City bus stand while I take the trip.

Plan is to return by Sunday noon and will have the whole of Saturday to do Dasara sightseeing. But I am worried about the Dasara traffic and crowd, it will be great to know from experts on places that has Dasara programs and has a safe parking.
Old 12th October 2018, 16:17   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am planning a weekend drive to Mysore on Sat, 13th Oct. I am interested in the open bus sightseeing that has started for Dasara.
My first Suggestion would be to take your i10 and NOT fortuner

Secondly, during Dasara, most of the places near and around Palace will be heavily crowded. And there will be parking facilities near Dasara Ground (Exhibition ground in front of Palace)

I do not know the exact name of the road, but the one that connects Zoo and Palace. If you go on this road from Palace towards Zoo, you can see the parking lot on left(Right side is Dasara Ground)

But, then, you need to catch an Auto from here to go to Bus stand and catch the Open Bus
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 16:26   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
My first Suggestion would be to take your i10 and NOT fortuner

I:
Thanks for the tip. I hope the suggestion is due to the smaller parking space . One agenda for the trip is take my relatives new Range Rover for a spin and that doesn't take much space to park though bigger than i10.

I have seen the Dasara ground and will look for the parking ground you mentioned. Other option might be to leave the car at our accommodation and use Uber/Ola, but I thought might be tough to get during the Dasara time.
Old 12th October 2018, 16:28   #877
Senior - BHPian

Travelled to Mysuru and backon 06/10/18. Onward journey was threoughKanakapura, Malavalli and Bannur. Return was through Mandya, Maddur and Ramanagar.
The Kanakapura road is undergoing widening work which ensures you are stuck behind one of those KSRTC buses till Kanakapura. After Kanakapura, the traffic drops down and one can keep up brisk pace. There are some places where culvert is being constructed and one needs to take detour which is bumpy. The stretch after Malavalli is a breeze to drive. Covered this stretch in three and half hours with a break of 20 minutes.
The SH in sharp contrast was in pitiable state till Maddur. There are stretches where the top layer of asphalt has given way and the ride is bumpy and noisy in the cabin. Post Channapatna, traffic builds up alarmingly and I took close to two hours traversing this 45 kms while I could easily cover the earlier within two hours with a break at Shivalli.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 14:09   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
I had been to Bandipur over the weekend and decided to try an alternate route to the messy Bangalore-Mysore road. So, the route I took was NH75 - Belur Cross - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore
Is this the recommended route over kanakapura - malavalli route?
Old 14th October 2018, 14:55   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Is this the recommended route over kanakapura - malavalli route?
If you are traveling from North of Bangalore then I would recommend this route. I just travelled this route on Saturday morning and it continues to remain good.

Which part of Bangalore will you be traveling from?
BeantownThinker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 15:00   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post

Which part of Bangalore will you be traveling from?
Yes, we will be starting from hebbal, north bangalore. Will take this route as you have suggested. Thanks a lot.
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 19:25   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The Maddur-HDurga-Magadi route is no longer an isolated stretch like it was couple of years back. The Maddur-HDurga-Kunigal road too is a good option for people going upto Nagamangala. The HDurga bypass is completed, asphalting work is in progress before you enter the town. It is safe to drive in night as I use this route regularly. The other option you can try is Magadi-HDurga-Devalapura-Nagamangala-Pandavapura, the only concern is poor network coverage around Devalapura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Yes, we will be starting from hebbal, north bangalore. Will take this route as you have suggested. Thanks a lot.
While the route beantown shared is perfect, if you want to avoid tolls and drive on some good 2L, you can take the routes suggested by deehunk
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 08:42   #882
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Bangalore Mysore travel if you can for the next couple of weeks.
Due to dasara festivities, traffic has quadrupled both in Mysore city and on the highway.

Left at 9:30PM yesterday night from Mysore, encountered heavy rains all the way from Mysore to Bangalore. It was accompanied by maddening traffic with morons driving with hazards on.
This weekend it will be even worse with 4 day long weekend on the horizon.
Old 15th October 2018, 11:28   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Avoid Bangalore Mysore travel if you can for the next couple of weeks.
Due to dasara festivities, traffic has quadrupled both in Mysore city and on the highway.
I got lucky on Sunday, started at 2 pm from Srirangapatna and reached JP Nagar at 4 pm. I read it was heavy traffic towards later evening on Sunday.
Old 4th November 2018, 06:13   #884
Senior - BHPian

Had a very pleasant drive today from Mysore to Bangalore.
Minimal traffic all along the way and for once felt it was more disciplined.
Winter has set in and the cool air makes the car breathe better.

I wad able to reach my place in Bannerghatta Road from my Parents place in Mysore in 2hrs.
Left at 4AM and reached at 6am.
Old 11th November 2018, 18:59   #885
BHPian

I have been driving to Mysore (from Bangalore) nearly every month (from the last 8 months). I stay at Bannerghatta Road and take the Mysore Road route. On an average, I spend around 2:45 of driving time between my source and destination.

Today, while returning from Mysore, I took the Kanakpura route. The initial route from Mysore side (till say around Malavalli) is a wide (undivided road). However, the next 90 odd kms from Malavalli, is a real pain to drive on, majorly due to bad roads and road widening work. Undivided roads, add to the misery.

At least for the next couple of months, my suggestion would be to start early and take the Mysore Road.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks