Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2018, 09:39   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving between Bangalore and Mysore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Currently all of them are a gamble due to one or more reasons.
Probably Huliyurdurga-Magadi route is an option (look for posts by @deehunk/@dailydriver) but I haven't tried this and not sure how it will be for an evening/night drive.
The Maddur-HDurga-Magadi route is no longer an isolated stretch like it was couple of years back. The Maddur-HDurga-Kunigal road too is a good option for people going upto Nagamangala. The HDurga bypass is completed, asphalting work is in progress before you enter the town. It is safe to drive in night as I use this route regularly. The other option you can try is Magadi-HDurga-Devalapura-Nagamangala-Pandavapura, the only concern is poor network coverage around Devalapura.

Last edited by deehunk : 24th May 2018 at 09:44.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 10:27   #857
BHPian

I had been to Bandipur over the weekend and decided to try an alternate route to the messy Bangalore-Mysore road. So, the route I took was NH75 - Belur Cross - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore.

The turn point on NH75 is a short distance from the second toll plaza. I think just about a kilometer or two.

The route between Belur Cross and Srirangapatna is pretty good with only patches of bad road here and there where the road widening is going on. My guess is that in 3 to 4 months this entire stretch should have a good surface. And the best part, very less traffic.

This route is more suited to travellers from North and North-West Bangalore.

One more observation, the main NH75 is also slowly going the way of Bangalore-Mysore Road with traffic slowly but steadily increasing.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-bangalore-mysore-route-1.jpg

Last edited by BeantownThinker : 28th May 2018 at 10:31.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 10:06   #858
Senior - BHPian

I need to travel to Mysore on Saturday afternoon by 2 PM or so. Do you think if it is wise to take Bangalore-Mysore road or use Mangalore road and take turn at Nelligere-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangpatana-Mysore?
Old 31st May 2018, 10:41   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I need to travel to Mysore on Saturday afternoon by 2 PM or so. Do you think if it is wise to take Bangalore-Mysore road or use Mangalore road and take turn at Nelligere-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangpatana-Mysore?
Saturday noon the usual Mysore road will still witness good amount of traffic. If I were you, and staying closer to North Bangalore area, I would opt for the Nelligere option like I have been doing so,quite regularly now.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 10:55   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Saturday noon the usual Mysore road will still witness good amount of traffic. If I were you, and staying closer to North Bangalore area, I would opt for the Nelligere option like I have been doing so,quite regularly now.
Unfortunately I stay near Marathahalli, which means I have to take ORR to reach Hebbal and then via Yeshwanthapur hit Mangalore road. Other choices I have are go via city to Yeshwanthapur/Nice road or go all the way to Electronic city and take Nice road. In any case I have to spend some time in city.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:15   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I stay near Marathahalli, which means I have to take ORR to reach Hebbal and then via Yeshwanthapur hit Mangalore road. Other choices I have are go via city to Yeshwanthapur/Nice road or go all the way to Electronic city and take Nice road. In any case I have to spend some time in city.
Would recommend stick to Mysore Road (Or even Kanakpura-Bannur- Mysore: Not sure of the status of road widening though). Marathahalli-ORR- Sarjapur Road-Jail Road should get you to NICE pretty quickly. Even Silk Board-NICE should be reasonably quick being a Saturday.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 13:02   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I stay near Marathahalli [...] go all the way to Electronic city and take Nice road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Even Silk Board-NICE should be reasonably quick being a Saturday.
As a regular in the Marathahalli-NICE Road-Calicut circuit, in my experience the ORR-Silk Board route needn't scare one for these reasons:

* At Silk board one has a "free left" option if one enters the service road reasonably in advance. The service road has been fully resurfaced recently, so nothing to worry there except some haphazardly parking by BMTC buses at the Silk Board end; but they move quickly.

* BETL works quite well in getting one to e-City and NICE entry point. Take the phase 1 exit and loop around HP/HCL.

* If either of these are choked for any reason, one has alternate options through HSR Layout and Hosapalya. It has never come to that even on weekdays peak traffic hours though.

I get to Mysore Road within 45 minutes of starting from home in the worst case.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 13:13   #863
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
* BETL works quite well in getting one to e-City and NICE entry point. Take the phase 1 exit and loop around HP/HCL.
If I understood correctly, you're suggesting going in and out of E City to join back on Hosur Road and then on to NICE entry ?

Never tried that since I always thought it's a long detour and can possibly get stuck in jams inside Electronics City ? How long does this usually take ?

Last edited by NPV : 31st May 2018 at 13:16.
Old 31st May 2018, 13:25   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If I understood correctly, you're suggesting going in and out of E City to join back on Hosur Road and then on to NICE entry ?

Never tried that since I always thought it's a long detour and can possibly get stuck in jams inside Electronics City ? How long does this usually take ?
Hardly 5-10 minutes. And you don't join back on Hosur Road. You arrive at the Konappana Agrahara junction but with a free left to the service road and onwards to BETL. The key thing is that the toll booth here is relatively free when compared to the one towards Attibele. I expect similar conditions if you exit towards phase 2 also, but the loop over Hosur Road etc. adds a bit to the distance to travel.

Basically - you can take any of the 3 exits of BETL based on your perception of traffic conditions. For me, phase 1 exit wins most of the time. :-) This map has all three:

https://goo.gl/maps/WAMBfBncveK2
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 13:57   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately I stay near Marathahalli...
You have no other option but to spend some time in traffic in the city due to the timing of your departure. That being said, your best option would be to exit Bangalore and onto Kanakpura road by going thorugh the city via Old Airport Road, Koramangala, JP Nagar. This will be the path of least resistance.

Would recommend you travel to Mysore via Kanakpura road. The roads are relatively well laid. The only drawback is that there no good stop points for a break on this route.

The main Bangalore-Mysore road is a mess. And for you, going via Mangalore road (NH75) does not make sense as there will be a lot of traffic while exiting the city during that time of the day.
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 09:07   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Would recommend you travel to Mysore via Kanakpura road. The roads are relatively well laid. The only drawback is that there no good stop points for a break on this route.
Will take Kanakapura road tomorrow afternoon via NICE from EC. I am OK to drive that much distance . Then will take Kanakapura road for Mysore. Repeat the same road while coming back on Sunday evening.
Old 4th June 2018, 13:20   #867
Senior - BHPian

Back from Mysore y'day. Since it was raining I thought of taking a risk and took usual Mysore road at around 3PM on Saturday, assuming there will not be much traffic due to rain. It was an absolutely perfect decision since there was hardly any traffic all the way from NICE to Mysore. It took around 3 hours with slow driving due to rain and not due to traffic.
I took same road back yesterday (since started at around 12PM from there and again thought of taking risk ), again it worked well for me till Kengeri. I was stuck in some traffic near NICE entry (usual spot) for about 10 min. But that's all about it.
It appears that Mysore road is still a very good choice, what matters is just your starting time.
Old 6th July 2018, 03:29   #868
Senior - BHPian

I tried a new route yesterday, instead of taking my usual Magadi-H Durga option, I drove to Ramanagar via Magadi avoiding the traffic from Kengeri to Ramanagar. This route adds another 27kms but in terms of time it saved me about 30 minutes. We join Mysore Road near Apollo Pharmacy in Ramanagar town. The stretch from Magadi to Ramanagar is in good condition barring one village with a narrow road and few rough patches. This route is very scenic and reminds us the "Sholay" days.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-magadi-ramanagara.jpg  

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-magadi-ramanagara-02.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 09:14   #869
Senior - BHPian

Just in case if someone driving today.

Driving between Bangalore and Mysore-img20180720wa00022.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:47   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Just in case if someone driving today.

Attachment 1782444
Amazing, just saw this today! Is this at all allowed? What is the public interest involved here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks