Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2012, 21:57   #1096
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

What an insane finish to the season! 90 minutes and Man Utd had the title in their bag. 3 minutes later Man City win the title!

Good God this is just amazing... I just cannot wait for the next season now. Over to next Saturday for the Champion's League final!!
Old 14th May 2012, 14:14   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Was I the happiest when Arsenal won and landed the 3rd spot! Though they did look a little shaky, am glad they came through in the end. And hats off to Pat Rice for his amazing service to Arsenal. Will have to wait and see how much of a difference there is.

But my joy knew no bounds when Man City won against QPR. Not a fan of them at all but damn happy that ManU didn't get it. Celebrations all around!
Old 14th May 2012, 16:01   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Not a fan of them at all but damn happy that ManU didn't get it. Celebrations all around!
I think there are many who are happy for the same reason. It is like, either you are fan of Man U or you hate them with your heart and soul. No in between positions. I too belong to the same category
Old 14th May 2012, 20:49   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I am glad that the season is over and relived that AFC is 3rd. Now I hope for a good summer. RVP to sign a new contract and some strong signings. Its been a few years since AFC showed some real intent during summers.

And the City QPR match was out of the world. I guess the Bolton result mellowed QPR a bit towards the end. Nevertheless, Mr. Aguero is a cool customer indeed.

Joey Barton is not fit to be a professional footballer, let alone a captain. He let down the QPR fans and the players. I hope the FA gives him a very lengthy ban and the club drops him.
Old 14th May 2012, 20:57   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Joey Barton is not fit to be a professional footballer, let alone a captain. He let down the QPR fans and the players. I hope the FA gives him a very lengthy ban and the club drops him.
Have followed his infamous "exploits" since this j0ker manhandled Gervinho in one of the seasons first matches. But trust me, nothing of this sort will happen. Neither will they ban him nor will all the clubs not want to take him. Some club will choose him and he will continue his ugly work!
Old 14th May 2012, 22:01   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have followed his infamous "exploits" since this j0ker manhandled Gervinho in one of the seasons first matches. But trust me, nothing of this sort will happen. Neither will they ban him nor will all the clubs not want to take him. Some club will choose him and he will continue his ugly work!
Yes. I recall that sad incident when he was in Newcastle colours. He is a very violent character.

But FA needs to take a very tough stance this time around. He is not making any friends with his official twitter account as well. He clearly needs help. Joey Barton takes to Twitter to launch rant at Alan Shearer | Football | guardian.co.uk
Old 15th May 2012, 09:33   #1102
BHPian

Exciting season. Probably the most exciting finish in EPL history but I'm afraid EPL becoming more like LaLiga where the difference between top2 and third team is a mighty 19 points. Hope its a one-off case.

Being a Gunners fan, glad that they made it to top 3 fittingly with a come-back win (they are the team who scored most points from a losing position). Now Spurs would be praying for a Chelsea slip-up against Bayern for a CL place. For Spurs, no CL means: no hope of retaining their stars Modric & Bale.

Rumours link Hazard to one of the Manchester clubs and Kagawa to United.
Expecting M.City to go on a spending spree (despite Financial Fair Play rules) having lifted the title, United & Chelsea to bring in some World-class players.

Arsenal already signed Podolski and may probably add few defensive players & a midfielder/attacker (M'Villa/Belhanda/Javi Martinez/remote chance of Hazard) atleast to convince RVP to stay, without whom CL Qualification would still be a dream. Contract talks with RVP would happen sometime soon and I'm really hoping that he will stay with us.

Really looking forward next season to have Wilshere-Arteta-Song in midfield with Walcott-Ox-Podolski-RVP on attack. Should be okay with Sagna-Verminator-Konscielny-Santos/Gibbs setup but need some decent backups for right & left back.

All the more exciting next season to look for and hope next time it wont be two-horse race. Would like Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to get more involved in the title challenge with Manchester power houses.
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:27   #1103
BHPian

Did anyone notice? Chelsea are the UEFA Champion's League Winners!

Cech -> Luiz, Cole -> Mata, Marin, Ramires -> Hazard -> Torres, Hulk/Falcao (whoever joins)

It appears to be an exciting Unit! Doesn't it? Chelsea transition is going in right direction!

And if Roman manages to bring Pep to Stamford Bridge.......
Old 5th July 2012, 12:29   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Any Arsenal fans here?

Whats up with your captians lately??? It seems like Arsene is just very foolishly making your best player the captain and after that he just leaves!!! Last year it was Fabregas and now Van Persie!!! With RVP gone, how good (or bad) does it look now for the coming season?

Dont you secretly wish he'd make the worst player in the squad your captain Maybe somebody like Arshavin will do just fine

Last edited by joslicx : 5th July 2012 at 12:30.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:18   #1105
BHPian

You touched upon a very sore topic there!

I thought with Giroud and Podolski here it would be fun to watch them in action this season with a feeling there will be some silverware in the chest.

Now that he will be going....I think the best way is to cash in on him and buy an outstanding striker or two and boost up the defence with either Vertonghen or M'Villa.

Bendtner, Andrei Arshavin, Vela and Denilson should be sold as well.

This way there will be some dough in the kitty and then buying quality at a price would be possible

I had great hopes from the team this year; but it only proves that money makes the mare go round!
Old 5th July 2012, 13:42   #1106
Team-BHP Support

^^Well, RVP almost single-handedly got Arsenel on track and helped to gained the champions league spot. I don't see any of the new signings (or existing ones) to repeat that. At this moment, Arsenal becoming more like a development and supply club. Last year was Cesc and Nasri, and now RVP. Good for club's financials, bu not so pleasing for the fans probably.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:57   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Well.....if your "star" player really wants to leave - no matter what - I am not sure there is a way to keep him back. Why blame Arsene Wenger for RvP leaving??

I am sure this is not Arsenal's strategy. And moreover, 1 season where RvP was without injury and he ups and leaves?
Old 5th July 2012, 15:46   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well.....if your "star" player really wants to leave - no matter what - I am not sure there is a way to keep him back. Why blame Arsene Wenger for RvP leaving??

I am sure this is not Arsenal's strategy. And moreover, 1 season where RvP was without injury and he ups and leaves?
well its not just one player. Theres lot of them recently. Gallas, Viera, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas and now RVP. Viera was also pretty solid when he was allowed to leave. Thats practically half a team and each one of them was/is world class (or close to being world class).

Definitely Wenger (or Arsenal themselves) are to blame here. In RVPs case Arsenal wont get much money either! His contract burns out next year! Why couldnt they tie him to a long term contract at least last year so that they could make mega bucks now?
Old 5th July 2012, 17:27   #1109
BHPian

Just came across a youtube link which has a fan ranting for Van Persie leaving the club; wonder if its real passion or made to believe. Whatever it is I loved this man's love / passion for the club

Worth a watch!

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: WATCH: Arsenal fan vents fury at Robin van Persie in bizarre rant
Old 5th July 2012, 23:54   #1110

Sunil Chhetri Joins Sporting Lisbon B side, big step for Him . Hope he gets promoted to the A side soon.

Indian football's big moment: Sunil Chhetri joins Sporting Lisbon | News | NDTVSports.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks