Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:10   #346
BANNED

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Okay gentlemen, have spent over 2 hours on this thread and gone through the wonderful collection. Closest to me is V. Narayan sir in NCR; wonderful collection. Hence hired a thief to get them all to me!!

So, any day if a headline comes in newspaper, "Thieves break into the house and steal toys / scale models", everyone knows who is responsible

Last edited by VKumar : 2nd May 2018 at 12:11.
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:26   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Okay gentlemen, have spent over 2 hours on this thread and gone through the wonderful collection. Closest to me is V. Narayan sir in NCR; wonderful collection. Hence hired a thief to get them all to me!!

So, any day if a headline comes in newspaper, "Thieves break into the house and steal toys / scale models", everyone knows who is responsible
Glad you liked the contents. If you decide to start scale model collection as a hobby I will gift you a 787 of Air France (scale 1:200) to get the ball rolling. I'm serious.
Old 2nd May 2018, 17:51   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Oh My God where on earth did you get this.. which make.. Billions of blue blistering barnacles (sorry Capt Haddock). I have searched for on IAF SEPECAT Jaguar all my adulOh this is a lovely replica of my favourite IAF aircraft. Keep it under lock and key 'cos I might steal it:-)
It's same model I purchased 1 year ago. Absolutely fantastic model. Kept in a safe custody of my parents

Has anyone got IAF Marut, Sukhoi Su7 models?
Old 2nd May 2018, 23:46   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My wife says she will help you load my models in your get away van. She will even offer you a refreshing cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Has anyone got IAF Marut, Sukhoi Su7 models?
Marut you can see on page 6 here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...fighter-6.html

This was a customized one about 19" long.

Mil Mi-17 1:200 JC Wings

Model is about 9" to 10" long

I would have preferred a Russian AF or Indian AF one but settled for Slovak AF as the quality is very good though fragile. Bought it from collectibles air wings australia and penned a review there too. Following behind skanchan95! Struggling to fit the ladder.

PS: last photo from the net
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mil-mi17-.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mil-mi17-b.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mil-mi17-c.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mil-mi17-d.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2018, 09:35   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My wife says she will help you load my models in your get away van. She will even offer you a refreshing cup of tea.
With your MiG-21 Bison on station flying HAVCAP/BARCAP mission over your model cabinet, any intruder will be shot down if they violate your airspace

Quote:

I would have preferred a Russian AF or Indian AF one but settled for Slovak AF as the quality is very good though fragile. Bought it from collectibles air wings australia and penned a review there too. Following behind skanchan95!
That looks majestic and yes, very fragile. Congratulations on this unique addition to your fleet. That fragility in a way adds to its beauty and value. The model has an emergency exit hatch on the cockpit roof, is it openable?
Your Mi-17 in bright SAR colours looks even more detailed than my Mi-17. It even has the weather radar modelled on the chin and just like the real 0826, they have blanked out the floor cockpit glass, that is some great attention to detail!!! I wonder what the pointy backwards facing antenna on the tail boom is for. And lastly, did the model come with a display stand?

Here's the real 0826:
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-0826.jpg
Wish the model had the searchlight and FLIR pod as extra attachments
My 0844 is on standby to provide gunship support to your CSAR bird.

Quote:
Struggling to fit the ladder.
The ladder is designed to get wedged between the exit door walls on the floor. Try pushing/sliding the door more towards the tail boom(be careful though keeping in mind the fragility of this model). The only thing I struggled to fix was the rear view mirrors.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-hip_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-hip_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-hip_3.jpg

Quote:

This is in 1:72 scale, not 1:200.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd May 2018 at 14:29. Reason: As per request.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:26   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Glad you liked the contents. If you decide to start scale model collection as a hobby I will gift you a 787 of Air France (scale 1:200) to get the ball rolling. I'm serious.
Now that's a free deal that isn't exactly coming for free!!

Quote:
Probably she wants to get rid of a lot of things, you be careful dear sir; I won't be happy to find you also loaded in the thief's van!

You have a knack in writing, here is one such example:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4387221

That said, collecting the scale models is quite interesting a hobby and will help in acquiring a lot of knowledge too. Let me find a place to keep them all on display once, then will start purchasing - but first of all will be a Ford Mustang, everything else follows later.

Last edited by VKumar : 3rd May 2018 at 10:29.
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:50   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

It may be more or less of the same quality as the 1/150 A320 model they sell onboard. No landing gear? The gap between the outer cockpit window and exit door is too much. I liked the overwing exit markings though, many Hogan models don't have it. Overall, I feel its not a bad looking model. I would love to see a pic of the I5 A320 with your other 1/200 A320s.
It doesn't have landing gear although its shows it in the brochure on

All 3 A320s together, all bought on board flights. The Indigo one is the best by far.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180503_184418.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180503_184505.jpg

Last edited by Foxbat : 3rd May 2018 at 18:52.
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:08   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's same model I purchased 1 year ago. Absolutely fantastic model. Kept in a safe custody of my parents
Photographs please. More the merrier. We never tire of seeing the same model again and again and giving the same yelp of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
With your MiG-21 Bison on station flying HAVCAP/BARCAP mission over your model cabinet, any intruder will be shot down if they violate your airspace
Aye aye sir. Surgical strikes across the border (you know which one!!) request armed gunship Mi-17 to provide flanking attack.
Quote:
The model has an emergency exit hatch on the cockpit roof, is it openable?
Nope. Painted. But looks very real.
Quote:
Your Mi-17 in bright SAR colours looks even more detailed than my Mi-17. It even has the weather radar modelled on the chin and just like the real 0826, they have blanked out the floor cockpit glass, that is some great attention to detail!!!
.....and yours has all those 80mm rocket pods ;-). BTW what make are your two Mi-17's
Quote:
I wonder what the pointy backwards facing antenna on the tail boom is for.
No idea. But I can consult my Jane's All Worlds Aircrafts and come back if need be.
Quote:
And lastly, did the model come with a display stand?
Yes it did. A completely useless one. My IQ is not high enough to figure out how it should be used. They have dumped a stand for a narrow airframe Mosquito/Beaufighter sort of aircraft into my box. I wrote back to them (collectibles aircraft wings australia) let's see what happens. Completely moronic. Also put it down in my review on their web site.
Quote:
My 0844 is on standby to provide gunship support to your CSAR bird.
kata-kata-kata-kata
I have had the pleasure of working with these machines. They are as reliable as it comes and built like a tank. Those engines keep going even if weather and ground conditions mean they have ingested slush, mud, hail stones and desert sand.
Quote:
This is in 1:72 scale, not 1:200.
My typo mistake.
Quote:
That said, collecting the scale models is quite interesting a hobby and will help in acquiring a lot of knowledge too. Let me find a place to keep them all on display once, then will start purchasing - but first of all will be a Ford Mustang, everything else follows later.
Once you start collecting the space emerges or happens. Best of luck with the Mustang.
Old 5th May 2018, 22:25   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, have any Of you purchased online from diecastairplanes.com ? If yes could you share your experience. Thanks in advance for the trouble.
Old 5th May 2018, 22:35   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I have used this to deliver to a US address:

http://www.diecastairplane.com/

Shipping is only $8 for the US for orders up to $50 and above $100 its free.
Sometimes they have great bargains, I got a Air India 787 which is $53 on ebay for $10!
Quote:
Gentlemen, have any Of you purchased online from diecastairplanes.com ? If yes could you share your experience. Thanks in advance for the trouble.
Yes I recommended this website to you in September 2017 on this very thread

Good price and prompt delivery (at least in the US).

Try this one also http://www.theairplanecollection.com/
Old 6th May 2018, 10:18   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Yes I recommended this website to you in September 2017 on this very thread

Good price and prompt delivery (at least in the US).

Try this one also http://www.theairplanecollection.com/
Mate, them grey cells are dying. Thanks for the reminder. Now for that elusive address in the US of A. Maybe I'll encourage one of my kids to immigrate but then I'll have to change my tone on the 'Immigration, worth it?' thread! - oh the problems of life.
Old 6th May 2018, 12:37   #357
BHPian

BAE sea Harrier MK1 1982
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-rps20180506_123236.jpg

Boeing 727 1:500 not in best condition though
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-20160522_183013.jpg
Old 6th May 2018, 15:07   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BAE sea Harrier MK1 1982
Attachment 1758398

Boeing 727 1:500 not in best condition though
Attachment 1758399
Excellent. Can you please post close-ups of both. That RN sea Harrier looks very interesting. More close ups of the 727 would be welcomed. It is the first 727 ever posted on this thread. Thank you for opening your account.

In its time the 727 was the best selling jet airliner ever with 1831 made. It carried its one billionth passenger in 1977 just 14 years after the first flew in 1963. It had a staircase at the rear that folded into the aft cabin on take off. In the 1971 a hijacker, DB Cooper, hijacked a US 727, collected a ransom of $200k ($1.2 million today) and parachuted out of that rear staircase in mid-flight. He was never caught.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 6th May 2018 at 15:19.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:17   #359
BANNED

I still remember the bad (good) old days when the only source of good models was India's Hobby Centre with an extremely limited range of products.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:38   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

SEPECAT Jaguar IS, IAF; 1:100 scale; Resin

The model is a little over six and a half inches long.

Following in the footsteps of skanchan95. I was seeking an IAF Jaguar for as long as I can remember. And now the sun has shone.Very decent and accurate standard of detailing through use of etching and stencils. the make is called Italcalteri or something like that. Worth checking further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I still remember the bad (good) old days when the only source of good models was India's Hobby Centre with an extremely limited range of products.
I always tell young Indians that this is the best time to be a young Indian with a career span stretching into the 2040s or 2050s. Don't keep running away to Alabama.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180506_143301.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180506_143359.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180506_143329.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 6th May 2018 at 15:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks