Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
All 1:200 Scale in Diecast

Varig Log (Brazilian Cargo Airline) Boeing 727-200
Attachment 1717314
Narayan your memory really is fading !

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Excellent. Can you please post close-ups of both. That RN sea Harrier looks very interesting. More close ups of the 727 would be welcomed. It is the first 727 ever posted on this thread. Thank you for opening your account.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:43   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Tou neeche gali mein mil mujko!!!!
Quote:
Narayan your memory really is fading !
Old 7th May 2018, 18:34   #363
BHPian

1:1000 diecast Scale German Battleship Bismarck. Probably the most famous battleship of WWII along with the Japanese Yamato. It sank the pride of the Royal Navy, HMS Hood during the Battle of Denmark Strait in less than 10 minutes. However it was hunted down by dozens of Royal Navy ships in the next few days and was overwhelmed and sunk.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180507_175931.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180507_175952.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180507_180005.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180507_180019.jpg

Arado Ar 196 float plane can be seen in this picture which was carried onboard.
I will count that as one in my 1:1000 plane collection

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180507_180054.jpg

The Battleship in 1940.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-bismarck.jpg

Present state at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. It seems to be in surprisingly good condition except for the missing main turrents which were held down by gravity only. Gives proof of the claims of German sailors that it was scuttled by opening the seacocks and gradually sank without any catastrophic damage to the main hull.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-v3isuf.jpg
Old 7th May 2018, 20:11   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1:1000 diecast Scale German Battleship Bismarck. Probably the most famous battleship of WWII along with the Japanese Yamato. It sank the pride of the Royal Navy, HMS Hood during the Battle of Denmark Strait in less than 10 minutes. However it was hunted down by dozens of Royal Navy ships in the next few days and was overwhelmed and sunk.
Arado Ar 196 float plane can be seen in this picture which was carried onboard.I will count that as one in my 1:1000 plane collection.
Present state at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. It seems to be in surprisingly good condition except for the missing main turrents which were held down by gravity only. Gives proof of the claims of German sailors that it was scuttled by opening the seacocks and gradually sank without any catastrophic damage to the main hull.
This model deserves the place as the queen of all models on this thread. Beautiful and wonderfully detailed. It is certainly of a much higher finish than the IJN. Akagi posted earlier. Kudos, Foxbat, on your new asset. But for its rudder jamming the Bismarck would have reached Brest and safety. I agree with your assessment that the Allies did not give enough weightage to the fact that the crew scuttled the ship after all guns were damaged. But that is a common theme in the Western view of WW2 -- of portraying only what suited their worldview -- the overwhelming Russian contribution is understated for example; and if you read about the desert victory of Montgomery you would never know that a quarter of his force was Indian etc. Bravo. Congratulations.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 7th May 2018 at 20:21.
Old 7th May 2018, 20:22   #365
BHPian

Quote:
This model deserves the place as the queen of all models on this thread. Beautiful and wonderfully detailed. It is certainly of a much higher finish than the IJN. Akagi posted earlier. Kudos, Foxbat, on your new asset. But for its rudder jamming the Bismarck would have reached Brest and safety. I agree with your assessment that the Allies did not give enough weightage to the fact that the crew scuttled the ship after all guns were damaged. But that is a common theme in the Western view of WW2 -- the overwhelming Russian contribution is understated. Bravo. Congratulations.
Thank You Narayan. When I heard the story of the Bismarck as a child on TV was very saddened that it was lost due to its rudder being jammed by a torpedo. The ship had three propellers and two rudders. One Center propeller and one on each side. The Crew tried to steer the ship by turning off one of the side propellers to counter the jammed rudders but it didn't work. They even sent a diver to survey the damage and thought of blowing up the damaged rudders but decided against it because it might cause further damage.

Sad end to a great ship, the story of its sister ship the Tirpitz is even sadder.
Old 9th May 2018, 10:20   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't have landing gear although its shows it in the brochure on

All 3 A320s together, all bought on board flights. The Indigo one is the best by far.
Thank you for taking the trouble. They look good together. But the Indigo one looks the best.

Quote:
.....and yours has all those 80mm rocket pods ;-). BTW what make are your two Mi-17's
The Iraqi one is Easy Model and the Slovak one is Witty Wings. I read somewhere that Witty Wings brand/factory was bought by JC Wings. That is why our Slovak Mi-17s looks so similar in terms of shape, detailing and features.

Quote:
No idea. But I can consult my Jane's All Worlds Aircrafts and come back if need be.
I am reasonably sure that the tail boom antenna is unique to Slovak Mi-17s. I haven't seen them on any other Mi-17s (as unique as the IFF-400 antennas on MiG-21s).

Quote:
Yes it did. A completely useless one. My IQ is not high enough to figure out how it should be used. They have dumped a stand for a narrow airframe Mosquito/Beaufighter sort of aircraft into my box. I wrote back to them (collectibles aircraft wings australia) let's see what happens. Completely moronic. Also put it down in my review on their web site.
Please see if these pics help.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-milmi_12.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-milmi_13.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-milmi_14.jpg

With the Boeing 707 stand too, it took me a while to figure out how to correctly place the model on the stand.

Quote:
kata-kata-kata-kata
I have had the pleasure of working with these machines. They are as reliable as it comes and built like a tank. Those engines keep going even if weather and ground conditions mean they have ingested slush, mud, hail stones and desert sand.
The Mils are true workhorses and like a few russian designs can take a lot of punishment. Wg Cdr Mangat's severely battle damaged Su-7 ( and a few other cases) recovering safely to base during the 71 war is a testament to it.
One day, I am going to sit and pick that "avian"() brain of yours. You are a walking talking encyclopedia on aviation.

Quote:
SEPECAT Jaguar IS, IAF; 1:100 scale; Resin

Following in the footsteps of skanchan95. I was seeking an IAF Jaguar for as long as I can remember. And now the sun has shone.Very decent and accurate standard of detailing through use of etching and stencils. the make is called Italcalteri or something like that. Worth checking further.
The brand is Italeri. I have some ideas to ad a bit more detail to thr model. using tape to black out the cannon ports and around the engine air intake. Have to figure out something to model the LRMTS window on the model.

Quote:
Brilliant looking model an a proud historic one in your collection.
Old 15th May 2018, 18:43   #367
BHPian

Added two 1:200 Hogan 737s to the collection.

Delta Shuttle 737-800

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181120.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181142.jpg

Joins the Delta Fleet

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181439.jpg

Mandarin Airlines 737-800
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181655.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_182014.jpg

Although this is also a Hogan plastic model it is much more detailed than the
one above.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181737.jpg
It also came fully assembled with landing gear attached.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_181819.jpg

The Boeing 737-800 fleet. Note to myself: no more 737s, although one is waiting to be delivered which will be the best of this collection
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180515_182415.jpg
Old 15th May 2018, 18:47   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Added two 1:200 Hogan 737s to the collection.

Delta Shuttle 737-800...Joins the Delta Fleet....Mandarin Airlines 737-800

The Boeing 737-800 fleet. Note to myself: no more 737s, although one is waiting to be delivered which will be the best of this collection
Congratulations. Good finish I must say. Delta will now award you 100,000 miles for your loyalty to the airline.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 15th May 2018, 18:58   #369
BHPian

Quote:
This model deserves the place as the queen of all models on this thread.
I think you forgot your wooden model of HMS Victory you had posted on page 2 of this thread

Quote:
Congratulations. Good finish I must say. Delta will now award you 100,000 miles for your loyalty to the airline.

Thank you for sharing.
As far as I can recall I have never flown on Delta
Old 18th May 2018, 18:57   #370
BHPian

1:1000 diecast Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) Battleship Yamato. The biggest, most heavily armed and protected battleship ever built armed with 9 massive 18 inch guns (biggest ever fitted to a ship) and displacing 71,000 tons (in comparison Bismarck was only 50,000 tons with 9 15 inch guns). Truly an imposing model and must have been frightening sight for the enemy in real life. She was sunk in April 1945 while on a one way near suicide mission by US carrier aircraft reaffirming the end of the battleship as a decisive weapon and the supremacy of aerial attack.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_181800.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_181815.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_181835.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_181901.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_181921.jpg

In real life:
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-yamato.jpg

Next to a same scale model of Bismarck, the difference in width is apparent although almost same in length(Bismarck is only 40ft shorter).

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_182148.jpg
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img_20180518_182514.jpg

There is a 1:10 model at the Yamato museum in Japan.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-yamato1.jpg

http://www.yamato-museum.com/en/

Last edited by Foxbat : 18th May 2018 at 19:22.
Old 19th May 2018, 12:44   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1:1000 diecast Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) Battleship Yamato. The biggest, most heavily armed and protected battleship ever built armed with 9 massive 18 inch guns (biggest ever fitted to a ship) and displacing 71,000 tons (in comparison Bismarck was only 50,000 tons with 9 15 inch guns). Truly an imposing model and must have been frightening sight for the enemy in real life. She was sunk in April 1945 while on a one way near suicide mission by US carrier aircraft reaffirming the end of the battleship as a decisive weapon and the supremacy of aerial attack.
Foxbat, man you are on a roll I must say settling for nothing short of the biggest warship in WW2 and the largest ever built outside the modern US navy super carriers. What a handsome ship and what a lovely model. I particularly liked the way the main armament has been modeled. Congratulations. Two handsome ships are better than one. I see you share my preference for the Axis ships!!

All, that main armament of 9 18" guns fired shells weighing ~1400 kgs at a combined rate of fire (in practice) of about 12 to 15 rounds a minute. I do not know how much of actual explosive weight was in that 1400 kilos but as a point of reference a modern Harpoon Surface to surface missile weighs all-in at ~700 kgs.

IJN Yamoto was the peak of pre-war Japanese ship building competence. Sadly it was outdated by 1945. Only 277 of her 3332 strong crew were rescued.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 19th May 2018, 22:24   #372
BHPian

Quote:
I see you share my preference for the Axis ships!!
Thanks Narayan. Yes I am partial to Axis and Russian hardware since childhood

I ordered one more today, one which still exists and I have personally been aboard.
Old 20th May 2018, 10:05   #373
BANNED

Quote:
1:1000 diecast Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) Battleship Yamato. The biggest, most heavily armed and protected battleship ever built armed with 9 massive 18 inch guns (biggest ever fitted to a ship) and displacing 71,000 tons (in comparison Bismarck was only 50,000 tons with 9 15 inch guns).
You are on the roll Foxbat, congrats for these two - they both are among the most magnificent engineering marvels.

That said, I still remember this name 'Bismarck' probably from a show I saw on Discovery channel around 15 years back; it was the battle of Hood and Bismarck and how the Bismarck was finally scuttled; they lost their rudder and were out of weapons and probably had to decide between get sunk or scuttle - they chose the second way.

Secondly this Yamato thing looks horrific even in the model itself (I read about Yamato for over 2 hours since morning - what a ship!), in the real encounter, this ship would have probably been like "half the battle was won the moment they saw the Yamato approaching them - they had their pants wet after all".
Old 20th May 2018, 19:30   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Narayan. Yes I am partial to Axis and Russian hardware since childhood

I ordered one more today, one which still exists and I have personally been aboard.
+1 to that. Other than these two and of course IAF aircraft I like French machines the next best followed by British aircraft of the pre-1950 era. I guess your next fleet acquisition is a USN WW2 carrier that may now be a museum ship? - or a WW2 German sub that stands as a museum vessel in Bremerhaven? - or is it a scale model of Gorshkov/Vikramaditya. Waiting eagerly.
Old 20th May 2018, 21:06   #375
BHPian

Quote:
I guess your next fleet acquisition is a USN WW2 carrier that may now be a museum ship? - or a WW2 German sub that stands as a museum vessel in Bremerhaven? - or is it a scale model of Gorshkov/Vikramaditya. Waiting eagerly.
It's the American rival to these two battleships above was still in service about 25-30 years back .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks