Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:49   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!

How is the coverage of Jio on highways? I'm traveling from Bangalore to Chenna tomorrow and may need it for navigation.
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Prepaid plans are with the validity of 30 days. .
While i agree to everything else you have mentioned, the one thing which is a little different is that the validity for most if not all of the prepaid plans is 28 days
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:14   #153
Team-BHP Support

Have started using Jio for some voice calls, especially on the move between Delhi & Gurgaon. While an Airtel call drops every 2-3 minutes, Jio is a fantastic experience in terms of voice clarity and continuity. And about 8/10 calls connect on the first dial.

Impressive !
Old 31st December 2016, 16:34   #154
BHPian

Just got this SMS

Wishing all fellow bhp ians a Happy New Year
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio and the FREE mania!-screenshot_20161231163201.png  

Old 31st December 2016, 16:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Just got this SMS

Wishing all fellow bhp ians a Happy New Year
I got it too and already updated the App. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 31st December 2016, 18:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Still have not received it. Going to miss my downloads :( Was nice having unlimited then adjusted to 4GB per day. But 1GB per day is just sad. Wish the limit could be carried forward.

Ah well, still free and fast
Old 31st December 2016, 19:19   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

I am confused whether to go for the post paid plan or get his number switched to pre paid and opt for the above plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I think your father can use the prepaid plan if your he is comfortable with recharging every 30 days. (Airtel Money and a Credit Card can make life easy)

Also, I think there's a chance they'll withdraw the prepaid plan a few months down the lane, but the newer one won't be much expensive.

So why not try prepaid?
I have been a prepaid customer of Airtel for the past 13+ years, and have been using their data plans (mostly 2g) for the past 3 years. I used to pay Rs 125 for 1 GB of 2 G initially, and later when they increased their price, I switched to the Rs 125 for 500 MB 2G plan. Though it was 2G, it used to show '3G' on my phone screen and the speeds were good.

But this year, I suspected something amiss during my frequent trips to Bangalore and elsewhere. I started monitoring my usage closely and found out that they were charging me quite a bit even when I'd not touched the 500 MB limit per month. When I called customer care, they told me that the Rs 125 plan was changed to 'night only' plan that operates from midnight to 6 AM! . And this was done sometime in Feb 2016, which I discovered in October!

Despite my protests and evidence that they never had informed about their change of plan, all they did was refund Rs 100 to me. In the process I lost nearly 1000 rupees due to their nefarious activities. Ever since then, I've switched to Jio and enjoying good 4G speeds at most places. I'm using airtel prepaid only for calls, as I feel their network is still better.

To cut a long story short, please don't trust airtel with its prepaid plans.
Old 31st December 2016, 21:18   #158
BANNED

Just received this.

Been using JioFi device since October. In love with it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20161231_211741.png
Views: 1478
Size:  53.5 KB
Old 31st December 2016, 21:38   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Was nice having unlimited then adjusted to 4GB per day. But 1GB per day is just sad.

Ah well, still free and fast
The explanation given for the 1 GB limit is that currently 80% of the subscriber base use less than 4GB a day while the rest consume disproportionately high amount of data . This becomes a problem for the majority of users. So I guess this is aimed at improving user experience. Will have to see how that goes. 1GB is going to be inadequate on LTE for streaming.
Old 23rd January 2017, 22:29   #160
Senior - BHPian

I got my Jio Sim today. It is working for calls but the internet is not working.

Tried all settings on Samsung S7.

Currently - LTE/3G/Auto mode - Data Roaming On - Access Point installed - jionet.

I have registered a complaint with their helpline and they are asking me to wait for 48 hours before the problem is resolved.

Any pointers on no internet issue with Jio but calls are working?
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:38   #161
BHPian

Is Jio not compatible with Windows Mobile. I went to the local dealer selling Jio sims and he said that the MyJio App isn't available for Windows mobile and so refused to give me a sim. Do I really need an app to be able to use Reliance Jio?
Old 24th January 2017, 11:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Do I really need an app to be able to use Reliance Jio?
Well you need the jio app if you want to activate on the phone. Then again, if you can manage that with activating on another phone then you will need Jio4gVoice app for VOLTE calling. Going by the looks of it, I don't think even that will have a Windows version.

Still, if you want only to use the free data and none of the apps or calling, you can activate on another phone and use. But double check. Also, then you'll have to check if your phone supports all the frequencies of Jio. Phew. If I was you, all this would have made me want to jump out of a .... Window :sly:
Old 24th January 2017, 11:47   #163
BHPian

I feel Reliance still need to improve network coverage in partly remote areas. Recently I was on vacation near Mahabaleshwar, and could not get any Jio network there. It would be major deterrent for me I loose complete coverage in even 10% of areas I visit regularly.

Last edited by techcoze : 24th January 2017 at 12:09.
Old 24th January 2017, 11:53   #164
Team-BHP Support

There is news floating around that the Jio offer will be extended from March to June, but with a monthly charge of Rs 100.

But I haven't seen any credible source carrying this.
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:42   #165
BHPian

Although the porting facility has been officially started for JIO, a major roadblock is that you need a coupon code.

Now if you are using a JIO sim after generating coupon code on your current handset, you cannot port another no to JIO unless you bring another coupon code.

I personally feel that JIO will lose business and market share if they are adamant on a coupon code for porting. Because if a person wants to port his/her primary cell number to JIO, he/she will definitely use a 4G phone otherwise his/her number will be out of reach.

Hope the JIO team will realize this mistake and remove the condition of coupon code for porting. Already had a heated discussion with JIO team and they couldn't understand what I was saying .

I also offered to surrender my existing JIO no to get my primary no ported IN but it was flatly refused as against company policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks