Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 14:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons

I've Jio Fiber but haven't used it as it caused problems with the printer (wireless) and me paying tax: net banking site wouldn't come on, complained about it, but no one bothered to come and check so it's lying there. I'm very happy with ACT that's very constant in speed and have some 1500 GB per month and costs a lot less than Jio for that data. I pay ₹ 1532.82/ month for ACT.
Attached Thumbnails
Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-act-speed.jpg  

Old 28th November 2019, 14:23   #32
BHPian

I recently disconnected my Jio Fiber connection. We had installed it in May 2019.
Overall I was not happy.

I am using the BSNL FTTH connection for two years. And surprisingly it has exceeded my expectations. So my comparison of Jio is with BSNL FTTH.

1. Jio claims to provide 100 Mbps. But on average it used to provide 50 Mbps. The best I have noticed is around 94 Mbps.
My BSNL plan is having an SLA of 50 Mbps and most of the time it provides me close to 60 Mbps. So BSNL is clearly a winner here.
2. In the case of Jio, latency and Jitter are quite high, mostly 50 mili seconds and above. But with BSNL my latency remains single digit with hardly any Jitter. So we always used to have a problem while connecting office VPN using Jio.
3. Jio provides the latest model of ONT from huawei, while BSNL gives ONT which they had procured sometime in 2005. Jio ONT is really amazing. Probably that was the only best part of Jio for me.
4. When it comes to customer service, both are really pathetic. I would rate Jio even lower than BSNL. Jio was down only once, but it took them 5 days to repair the fault. In the case of BSNL, it failed only twice in two years. But they managed to repair it on time. Though the experience of dealing with 'Senior Citizens' of the BSNL office was something you might never forget.

Personally extra service offered by Jio never pleased me. As I expect my ISP to maintain the SLA first rather than giving some extra service.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 28th November 2019 at 14:26.
Old 28th November 2019, 14:50   #33
BHPian

I got Jio Giga Fiber in June'2019. Rs 2500 for security deposit which consist of device and installation as well.
Must say speed is always better than Airtel(previously using)

Pro:
Not billed even once, so enjoying the free usage.
Far Better Speed and device as compared to Airtel

Cons:
Customer service needs to up the game the way it is in Airtel. Turn around time is little bit high if compared to Airtel.But i found the service/installation guys professional.

Overall I'm happy with Jio, able to cut down Rs. 1500 pm and that too an average speed connection.
Old 28th November 2019, 14:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Internet nowadays is like a car, minus the maintenance.
We want our cars to run all the time, and at times when they stop running, want them fixed ASAP.

So the main question is not how often it breaks down, but how fast it is up and running again. Something which breaks down 4 times a year but is fixed within a couple of hours is much better than the one that runs flawlessly for the entire year, but when breaks down needs 5 days to fix.

My suggestion is to pick the one which provides the best customer service.

Please compare the customer service of both, Jio & Airtel in your city before deciding. Where I live, I found Airtel to be supreme when it comes to Customer service + hardly any downtime in the last 6 years that I am using it.
Old 28th November 2019, 15:23   #35
BHPian

I've been using JIO fibre at my home in Delhi for more than a year.
And as someone said earlier, may would be jealous to know that we've been using it for free since then.
We haven't faced any major issues till now. Customer support is fast to act and rectify the problems.
Its a true FTTH.
Old 28th November 2019, 15:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

GTO,

Did you consider Airtel Xstream broadband ?

It is also true FTTH, and now to compete with JIO it has some pretty good plans. I am on a 200 Mbps plan offering 300 GB data (post 300 GB data speed is capped at 1 Mbps), for just Rs 999 + taxes per month. Reliability wise being an established player it should be better than JIO.

Airtel Xstream FTTH also has some other plans with speeds 300 Mbps to 1 Gbps. Do check them out.
Old 28th November 2019, 18:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am having a peculiar problem regarding Jio fiber.
Since last few days I am getting download speeds below 10 mbps and upload speed still at 94 mbps. This is happening only on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Speed is fine on my wife's laptop and on mobiles as well. Jio guy came and checked and said everything is fine at their end and the issue is with my Laptop. Any suggestion how to rectify this problem?
Old 28th November 2019, 19:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmanshah View Post
However, one thing people do not notice which is a big CON for me is that the speed everyone mentions is the DOWNLOAD speed. Anyone notice the UPLOAD speed of this connection? I am getting nothing more than 1 MBPS upload even when i am getting 70 MBPS download at that exact same time.
My upload speed is more than 90 Mbps all the time regardless of day/night
Reliance Jio Fiber reviews, pros & cons-screenshot_201911281908131145379154.png

Last edited by aargee : 28th November 2019 at 19:07.
Old 29th November 2019, 07:27   #39
BHPian

After experiencing Jio Fiber for about 4 months now, I can say that it is yet to be stabilized. Speeds keep varying from excellent to okay.
I would recommend that you use this as your secondary / tertiary connection, especially at work.
As long as it works, its okay. If it goes down and when you need help then it is just . my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Any reviews from BHPians? What are the pros & cons? We're considering it for the office. Been with Hathway for the longest time, but they've been suffering some speed / connectivity issues lately.

What do you like & dislike about Jio Fiber? Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 29th November 2019 at 15:15. Reason: Trimming post for too many spaces/gaps.
Old 29th November 2019, 09:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Been using it for about 7-8 months now, got it under the pre-launch scheme.
I stay in Whitefield, Bangalore. I am struggling to get connection for my house. There is no response from the Jio team yet. Can I know how did you get the connection? Are there any local dealer setup? Any contacts, please.

Last edited by GRAND23 : 29th November 2019 at 09:26. Reason: Spelling
Old 29th November 2019, 15:13   #41
AZT
BHPian

Reliance Jio planning to cut broadband tariffs.

Quote:
According to new reports, the Jio in JioFiber is finally beginning to ring louder, with the company offering a disruptive ₹351 monthly plan for fixed broadband services. What’s more, this new plan will reportedly have no upfront cost such as installation charges and refundable deposits. The lowest price point in the plans announced three months ago was ₹699, which means the new entry point has been cut by half. Besides, the earlier plans also had an upfront cost of ₹2,500.

Source
Old 29th November 2019, 15:46   #42
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the data allowance includes data used for tv viewing?
Old 29th November 2019, 18:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

A query here. One new plan also offers 100 mbps unlimited for a week @ 199. Unless there is some catch, I see this being cheaper that all other plans of theirs if one is ready to take pain to recharge every week.

Am I missing some clause?
Old 29th November 2019, 21:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If you have the option of going for an Airtel Fibre connection, you should give that a shot. Unlike their mobile services, broadband services are top class.
+1 to that. I have been using Airtel for the last 7 years for commercial and residential use. Our society was upgraded to Fiber optic from Jio without us asking for it. They did a good job installing it.

I am on the wall to take it for home. But am still taking skecptical, I use Airtel at Home with Amazon Prime and am quite happy.

For office Airtel Fiber and TATA as back up is working great. Airtel normally resolves problem withing 12 hours of locking a ticket and TATA with in 24 hours.

Feedback from friends in Ghatkopar,Powai and in my society (Thane) is that on weekend after a single movie watch on Fire stik or Netflix the router becomes slow.Router range is weak. They had to install repeaters for their 2 BHK homes ( In Mumbai that's a shocker! considering the size of our flats).

My advice will be that if you are in south Mumbai take a look at Airtel and TATA tele for Commercial use, keep Hathway as a fall back on the minimal plan. I had discontinued Hathway a couple of years back as they were unable to maintain the committed speed. I also faced a lot of security risks with Hathway then as it was delivered by the local cable guy and as it was cable some smart guys were able to hack into the network (Solved by using a commercial firewall).

For a client of mine I have used TATA and Airtel to be used for streaming videos and online Video training across India and they are working great (95% up-time) for the last 3 years. ( Streaming live classes across 104 centers and 4K training videos.(approx upload of around 1GB per minute). We also have streaming and edge serves with Akamai and AWS which help this. But this setup has worked much better than all other service providers including BSNL, MTNL, Vodafone and Hathway.

Whereas one client (a University on the outskirts of Pune) with JIO is facing loads of issues with streaming and connectivity.

If you need further advice PM me.

Regards
RoS
Old 29th November 2019, 21:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Can anyone confirm if the data allowance includes data used for tv viewing?
Yes, using Jio set up box data will be used from the Fup quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
A query here. One new plan also offers 100 mbps unlimited for a week @ 199. Unless there is some catch, I see this being cheaper that all other plans of theirs if one is ready to take pain to recharge every week.

Am I missing some clause?
The catch is 199 is for 100gb Fup and past that its 1 mbps. Hence the unlimited term.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks