Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 12:37   #4951
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

To doctors out here,

I am showing the following symptoms from last three days:
1. Temperature is in the range of 98-99. It increases more after evening. Only twice it has reached 99. Normally my temperature remains in 95-96 range.
2. SpO2 also is in the range of 98-99%
3. Joint pains
4. No loss of smell. But most of the food items and water are feeling bitter in taste.
5. Slight cough and congested nose.
6. Sudden feeling of warmth and sweating. My palms are remaining very warm to touch.

Can these be related to covid symptoms.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:16   #4952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
To doctors out here,

In all probability, yes. Get yourself tested. There is no need to panic. COVID presentation is very different this time. I saw a patient with just skin rash who is positive. This time, even the tests are not showing positive reports in many patients but symptom wise, they're having all symptoms and it's corroborated by CT findings.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:29   #4953
Oxy
BHPian

TV journalist Rohit Sardana succumbs to COVID-19

A very popular face in Hindi news. Shocking.

https://zeenews.india.com/india/tv-j...9-2358591.html
Oxy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:41   #4954
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates on the usage of the Cadilla drug to treat patients? Has it been used widely after the approval or how/when would this be used?

I read somewhere on the internet that those interested in charity could help the needy get vaccinated and the same was mentioned by a few here like Parag. I think this is a very thoughtful idea and based on our willingness and capacity we can decide how many people we can support. Even if it is one beneficiary per person, it would really make a difference I believe.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:46   #4955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
In all probability, yes. Get yourself tested. There is no need to panic. COVID presentation is very different this time. I saw a patient with just skin rash who is positive. This time, even the tests are not showing positive reports in many patients but symptom wise, they're having all symptoms and it's corroborated by CT findings.
Also one thing I forgot to mention that my heart rate is hovering around 110-120. Normally it stays in the 90-100 range. But respiratory rate is normal.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:47   #4956

I had got a Covid Antibody test done a few days back and the results came positive with antibody value of 11.6. I don't even remember falling ill or having any of the Covid symptoms so probably I was asymptomatic and thus I don't know when did I get infected.
Now I wanted to get the Covid Vaccine but there is some news that one must wait about 1-2 months after being infected before taking the vaccine. So I want to know from the doctors on this forum if it's safe for me to get the vaccine now?
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-img_20210430_134217.jpg  

Deowrat17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:21   #4957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you also need to think about whether there were any instances in the last few days where you were potentially exposed to outside world or whether
you were confined at home with zero interaction with anyone outside. I don't think Covid can emerge out of thin air and infect you.

Questions to dear doc's or anyone who have seen several cases:

Typically, how many days it would take from the day you got exposed to having some sort of symptoms. I heard it is around 4 days usually.. But is there any "from - to" number of days?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:21   #4958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
In all probability, yes. Get yourself tested. There is no need to panic. .
I am working from home and rarely venture out except if it is for buying essentials. As summer has set in, and with minimal exercise, got joint pains, felt feverish (with temperature <99 although normal for me is 97) and general lethargy. SpO2 was consistently 98. Our doctor had recommended last year that heat can cause these symptoms and suggested ORS to start with. Took ORS and did brisk walk/exercise in house and I was ok within an hour or so !!!

Quote:
Your location shows Oxford and hence my comments above may be applicable to people staying in warmer locations like Bengaluru which has temperature hovering around 35 degrees C.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 30th April 2021 at 14:26.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:44   #4959
BHPian

Quote:
To doctors out here,
Hi,
In the current scenario yes, consider all fever as due to COVID. As others have mentioned no need to panic. Start supportive drugs including paracetamol if there is fever more than 100. Antibiotics are not routinely required. If you have easy access consider RTPCR if not or it entails travel there is no urgency. There will be a mild increase in heart rate and respiratory rate to compensate for oxygen deficit. Keep monitoring your oxygen levels, hear rate and respiratory rate. Adapt COVID appropriate behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deowrat17 View Post
Now I wanted to get the Covid Vaccine but there is some news that one must wait about 1-2 months after being infected before taking the vaccine. So I want to know from the doctors on this forum if it's safe for me to get the vaccine now?
Hi,
You have IgG antibody which means your infection is not recent and you can't transmit the illness. If IgM is not detected that means the infection is not current. Just for your information people who have natural infection have immunity to the virus like you for a variable period. After full recovery from infection people in high risk category can get vaccinated at the earliest while low risk category can wait 30 to 60 days for vaccination. In your case do go ahead and there is no hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I
Typically, how many days it would take from the day you got exposed to having some sort of symptoms. I heard it is around 4 days usually.. But is there any "from - to" number of days?
Hi,
You are right. It takes between 3 to 7 days to start showing symptoms but you can be spreading the disease before symptoms arise.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 30th April 2021 at 14:52.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:59   #4960
Senior - BHPian

Anchor Rohit Sardana died at age of 40 due to heart attack. He was Covid positive. Many young people in 30's and 40's suddenly dying of heart attack in a similar way?

@doctors, Is this due to cytokine storm syndrome? Any link between Covid and sudden heart attacks?
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 15:06   #4961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi,
In the current scenario yes, consider all fever as due to COVID. .....increase in heart rate and respiratory rate to compensate for oxygen deficit. Keep monitoring your oxygen levels, hear rate and respiratory rate. Adapt COVID appropriate behaviour.
Sir, Thanks for your response. Can you give me the details of the supportive drugs. Actually I live in a very small town where there is no private testing facility. So I am not looking for tests now. But I want to start the medications. So I was willing to get the medication details and dosage from a registered medical practitioner. If this post is not appropriate here, mods please delete it.
Old 30th April 2021, 15:49   #4962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Is there anyone here who's experiencing long COVID symptoms?
Just a month + 5 days post testing positive, but my wife and I are experiencing insomnia( some days the sleep is amazing, but mostly disturbed) coupled with a weak bladder in the morning. Both of us get up around 6 am to empty our bladders ( which wasn't the case earlier). I am 45 and she is 40.
We've resumed our weight training+ HIIT routines since the past Monday, which hopefully should get our sleep back.
riteshritesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 17:19   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Just a month + 5 days post testing positive, but my wife and I are experiencing insomnia( some days the sleep is amazing, but mostly disturbed) coupled with a weak bladder in the morning. Both of us get up around 6 am to empty our bladders ( which wasn't the case earlier). I am 45 and she is 40.
We've resumed our weight training+ HIIT routines since the past Monday, which hopefully should get our sleep back.
Hi,
I don't think weak bladder is anything associated with COVID recovery or long COVID syndrome. Insomnia is noticed frequently in COVID patients who needed hospitalization but uncommon in people who were quarantined at home. Your weight training and HIIT will help to reset your sleep pattern.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 18:10   #4964
BHPian

Re: TV journalist Rohit Sardana succumbs to COVID-19

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2021 at 07:14.
blueshift is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th April 2021, 18:17   #4965
BHPian

For the doctors on the thread :

The trend in NCR doctor clinics, now, is to hand out pre-printed "medicine list as per protocol for mild to moderate" cases. Even before testing positive, as testing facilities are hyper-booked.

I am slightly confused. I have seen 4/5 sets of medicine recommendations. Please read below :

Set 1 : Ivermectin 12 mg 1 daily x 3 days + Doxycycline 100mg x 2 x 5 days plus vitamins and zinc

Set 2 : Ivermectin 12 mg 1 daily x 5 days remaining same as (1)

Set 3 : Ivermectin 12 mg 1 daily x 3 days (or 5 days) + Doxycycline x 5 days + Azythromycin 500mg x 5 days plus vitamins and zinc

What really works? Or is there a bare minimum dosage as in <1> above?

@Behemoth, since you are a proponent of Ivermectin (like me ) , any pointers from you?

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 30th April 2021 at 18:21.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks