Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 18:09   #4996
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi,
I could not PM you, apologies. 7 days without improvement in symptoms needs extra attention. Kindly get your father evaluated by medical personnel.
Thank you for your guidance. We did infact got him admitted yesterday as per doctor's discretion. His CT score his 13/25 from his SRCT scan. Again, thank you.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:21   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
To all the doctors here,
My younger brother who is 17 years old tested positive for Covid-19 two days ago. here for reference.
Our main query is what procedure or course of action should we follow now? (Any help would be appreciated)
Attachment 2151117
Hi,
From what I could discern your brother is on two antibiotics which is unusual. One of them should suffice for a duration of 5 to 7 days preferably started on 3rd to 5th day of the symptoms. If you are already on the antibiotics continue one of them for 5 to 7 days along with vitamins. The fever for the first 4 to 7 days will spike frequently and than it will reduce, so for the first 4 to 5 days he can be on regular Paracetamol every 4 to 6 H and after that you can use it if he has severe myalgia ( unlikely if he is not staying All the time in bed) or fever of more than 100. Target oxygen levels should be > 92. Follow COVID appropriate behaviour, nutritionally dense food and hydration. He should be on his feet by next week. Please don't repeat COVID test as its of no value at this point of time. The test can turn positive for a month even if he is not infective and its known to be negative in 20% of symptomatic patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
Thank you for your guidance. We did infact got him admitted yesterday as per doctor's discretion. His CT score his 13/25 from his SRCT scan. Again, thank you.
Hi,
That's good news. He is likely to need some supportive measures and close monitoring. More than the CT the clinical response matters. I hope he will be back to his usual self in another week.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 1st May 2021 at 19:22.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 19:40   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
To doctors in the forum.

I was infected with COVID in Nov’20 and got admitted and was on IV Steroids (Dexa), anti biotics and remedisvir.

In April 1st week, I had a bad case of eye irritation, and extreme weakness. No fever or cough or sore throat. My smell and taste faculties are ok though some times I get a bitter taste even from water.

I consulted my doctor who treated me last time and got a few tests done. RT PCR was negative and chest CT Scan did not show infection. However my HBA1C was very high, at around 9 and HS CRP is hovering between 11 and 25. I also suffer from diabetes and Ankylosing spondylitis. I have been on anti- virals ( fluvir 75 mg) and anti biotics , ivermectin from the past 3 weeks however weakness still persists. I have some feeling of chest constriction as well. My doubt is if it has to do with any heart problem. What is the best way to preemptively diagnose this ? Do I need to get an Echo done. I was on blood thinners last time I was admitted but currently doctor has not advised( I can sense that the doctor who runs two hospitals for covid is under a lot of pressure to the high COVID cases around him)

What is the best course of action here ?
This could be a case of latent covid reinfection. Latent infections are difficult to detect. Did u have any kind of exposure to covid patients recently? If the chest tightness persist or increase in intensity, get the cardiac profile done from any reputed laboratory and also do a 2D echo and ECG. You may have to consult a cardiologist if anything appears abnormal in the tests. The other cause for chest tightness could be mild infection of lungs.
Old 1st May 2021, 19:54   #4999
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@drrajasaravanan, @drvivek

Here's another case I would like to present;

I was tested positive with mild fever (no cough / no breathing difficulties) on 10th April, took the typical medication suggested (Anti-flu 75mg x 2 for 5 days, Allegra 120mg x 2 for 14 days, Eliquis 2.5mg x 1 for 14 days, Azhrythromycin x 1 for 5 days, Zinconia x 1 for 14 days, Celen500 x 2 for 14 days and Dolo 650 when the fever is 100F).

By 7th day, the fever was down. O2 saturation levels have always been 96-97-98.
8th day onwards I didn't have to take Dolo's anymore as there was no more symptoms except for 3-4 motions a day for which I was asked to take Neautrolin B-Plus tablets and ORSL electrolyte drink.

I hadn't taken a HR CT during this course of 14 days as the consulting Doctor felt it's not necessary due to mild symptoms.

I was tested negative on the 14th day's - RT-PCR test.

The Doctor asked me to stop all the medication and do CELong tablets for next 20 days x 1 a day.

However, on the 17th day due to insistence by my spouse (not the Doctor), I did get HR-CT Scan done, which showed a CT score of 08/25 and Corads-6.(Report enclosed)

The Doctor said it wasn't necessary for me to get the CT scan as there are no symptoms (except 3 motions a day ) and also that I was tested '-' ve already. He mentioned that mild lung involvement seen in the CT would take 2-3 months to clear and no medication will be necessary.

Just wanted your views on the highlighted portion on this post Covid aspect. Please do let me know. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-ct_report.jpg  

Old 1st May 2021, 19:57   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
This could be a case of latent covid reinfection. Latent infections are difficult to detect. Did u have any kind of exposure to covid patients recently? If the chest tightness persist or increase in intensity, get the cardiac profile done from any reputed laboratory and also do a 2D echo and ECG. You may have to consult a cardiologist if anything appears abnormal in the tests. The other cause for chest tightness could be mild infection of lungs.
Not explicitly, but from going for grocery runs , I may have been exposed. Not sure.

The ECG on my Apple Watch says no atrial fibrillation detected , what ever that means. Only issue is that HS CRP is between 11 and 25.
Today’s reading was 8.4 so it has come
Down a bit
Old 1st May 2021, 20:35   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@drrajasaravanan, @drvivek

Here's another case I would like to present;

I was tested positive with mild fever (no cough / no breathing difficulties) on 10th April, took the typical medication suggested (Anti-flu 75mg x 2 for 5 days, Allegra 120mg x 2 for 14 days, Eliquis 2.5mg x 1 for 14 days, Azhrythromycin x 1 for 5 days, Zinconia x 1 for 14 days, Celen500 x 2 for 14 days and Dolo 650 when the fever is 100F).

By 7th day, the fever was down. O2 saturation levels have always been 96-97-98.
8th day onwards I didn't have to take Dolo's anymore as there was no more symptoms except for 3-4 motions a day for which I was asked to take Neautrolin B-Plus tablets and ORSL electrolyte drink.

I hadn't taken a HR CT during this course of 14 days as the consulting Doctor felt it's not necessary due to mild symptoms.

I was tested negative on the 14th day's - RT-PCR test.

The Doctor asked me to stop all the medication and do CELong tablets for next 20 days x 1 a day.

However, on the 17th day due to insistence by my spouse (not the Doctor), I did get HR-CT Scan done, which showed a CT score of 08/25 and Corads-6.(Report enclosed)

The Doctor said it wasn't necessary for me to get the CT scan as there are no symptoms (except 3 motions a day ) and also that I was tested '-' ve already. He mentioned that mild lung involvement seen in the CT would take 2-3 months to clear and no medication will be necessary.

Just wanted your views on the highlighted portion on this post Covid aspect. Please do let me know. Thanks in advance.
Dont worry, the patches will clear up in a span of 4 weeks, ground glass opacities are typical of covid pneumonia and score of 6 means only approx 24% of the lungs were affected which is a mild case.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 20:38   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post

Hi,
Your doctor was right in saying CT was not required. COVID involves many system in which lung is affected the most. Even symptomatic.patients will have lung involvement and the decision is based on clinical relevance mostly. CT is mainly a prognostification tool and not a must for treatment.
To cite an example a young gentlemen with 60% lung involvement recovered within 48H and deescalated to very low oxygen supplements. Plus the numbers in the result is a guide while the image conveys more information than plain numbers. Don't fret over it. Using vitamin supplements for one month after recovery is not going to harm you and do continue his advice.
Fortunately lot of this recover over a period of time.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 1st May 2021 at 20:40.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 20:39   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Not explicitly, but from going for grocery runs , I may have been exposed. Not sure.

The ECG on my Apple Watch says no atrial fibrillation detected , what ever that means. Only issue is that HS CRP is between 11 and 25.
Today’s reading was 8.4 so it has come
Down a bit
If the heart rate is normal, crp is back to normal and weakness has reduced since, then i think you are out of it. Just get your sugar managed as hba1c of 9 is very high. If symptoms persist than get a 2D echo.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 21:06   #5004
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@BLACKRiVAL, @drrajasaravanan,

Really appreciate your quick response. Thank you both for your valuable views.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 21:08   #5005

My aunt has no major symptoms on the 13th day now, she had fever in the beginning. Just weakness now, her d-dimer is 1148.
Oxygen is 96
No fever
No breathless.
Docotor has given her a blood thinner, is there anything to be worried now that its going to be 2 weeks tomorrow?
Old 1st May 2021, 21:34   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevItUp View Post
My aunt has no major symptoms on the 13th day now, she had fever in the beginning. Just weakness now, her d-dimer is 1148.
Oxygen is 96
No fever
No breathless.
Docotor has given her a blood thinner, is there anything to be worried now that its going to be 2 weeks tomorrow?
Hi,
Trust the primary doctor he knows what he is doing. She needs to be on blood thinner. I think she would be receiving heparin. It's the course of the disease and the doctor has adviced appropriately. Is she hospitalised or is she being monitored.

Last edited by drrajasaravanan : 1st May 2021 at 21:35.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 21:39   #5007

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi,
Trust the primary doctor he knows what he is doing. She needs to be on blood thinner. I think she would be receiving heparin. It's the course of the disease and the doctor has adviced appropriately. Is she hospitalised or is she being monitored.
Thanks, appreciate the quick response.
She is at home, consulting a doctor. Couldn't get admitted.
With oxygen deficiency, hospitals aren't admitting new patients and most of them are full.
Old 1st May 2021, 22:37   #5008
BHPian

I don't have anything to ask or consult. I have been reading through this thread and would like to convey my heartfelt gratitude to all the medical staff, doctors and everyone who is on fire fighting mode for more than a year now.

This community, The Team-bhp, its members and all doctors who are contributing in educating and spreading awareness is second to none and is unique in its own way. Just like our technical members, who are ready to help at the drop of the hat, our members who are also doctors by profession are doing a splendid job! Thank you! After facing an entire days chaos and some really disturbing things, it takes a lot to sit up and reply to queries and questions. Good news, bad news alike, you all have been a real backbone during these testing times!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEDICAL FRATERNITY!!!

I only wish and pray that these extraordinary times end soon or we learn to live with this unfortunate virus amongst us.

Through this thread, this beautiful forum, I only wish to convey - Please be careful, take utmost care of yourself and your near and dear ones! Life is too precious to be lost to a stupid virus!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:38   #5009
BHPian

Meanwhile, Adar Poonawala has some explosive statement to make! Alarming! Considering he has just been provided Y category security!

Adar Poonawalla: ‘Aggression over Covid vaccines is overwhelming . . . Everyone expects to get theirs first’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...irst-bfqbgcm96

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 1st May 2021 at 22:41.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:42   #5010

Hi All,

Need an advice. My father is in home isolation, it's his 8th day. He's able to breathe properly and down with fever with no loss of smell and taste. Though his spo2 levels are between 88 and 91. It's settled on 91 now after trying some prone exercises. His doctor is saying it's normal and mentioned to continue the medication.
He has blood pressure, wanted to ask the doctors here if hospitalization can be considered as per the oxygen levels?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks