Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 21:03   #6106
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Curious if the RT-PCR requirement still exists, or if proof of vaccination is enough to take the flight.
According to this article, the RT-PCR requirement seems to be done away with:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...864516787.html
But better check with the airline, just to be sure.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th February 2022 at 06:17. Reason: As requested
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:07   #6107
BHPian

I caught covid during the 1st week of january. I thank god and my stars that I got a mild infection. Ever since, I am having a throbbing headache and pressure in head with complete loss of appetite. I feel bloated 24x7.
mbilung is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 23:08   #6108
BHPian

So Hongkong Govt seems to have lost its mind and been implementing some ridiculous "Zero Covid" policies forcing people with the mildest of the mild symptoms to get hospitalised and spend weeks together in hospital. How stupid !!! People are lying on beds in cold, outside the hospital and other such terrible conditions because of such hopeless policies adopted by their Govt. Never before during any pandemic, homosapiens have been this moronic and irrational. Period.

-Dr. Vivek
vivek95 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 09:37   #6109
BHPian

I am astonished at how this never seems to cease : IIT Kanpur researchers who had earlier come up with "accurate models" say we are looking at a 4th wave starting June 22.

So, another paid vacation and disruptions to life!

https://www.livemint.com/science/hea...956951341.html
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:37   #6110
BHPian

My wife and i both tested positive last Thursday. No fever or body ache, but total loss of taste and smell. Delta, is it?

Today some interns from our municipality came over to check how we were doing and whether we needed any help. Decent of them.

edit: Both of us have taken two doses and the booster too.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:27   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
So Hongkong Govt seems to have lost its mind and been implementing some ridiculous "Zero Covid" policies forcing people with the mildest of the mild symptoms to get hospitalised and spend weeks together in hospital. How stupid !!! People are lying on beds in cold, outside the hospital and other such terrible conditions because of such hopeless policies adopted by their Govt. Never before during any pandemic, homosapiens have been this moronic and irrational. Period.

-Dr. Vivek
Sir, could you please shed some light on how Covid anti body tests would work on a vaccinated person? Would the tests show antibodies from vaccination or only if the person had actually contracted the virus?
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:40   #6112
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/clas..._lateststories

"The anti-vaccine demonstrators in New Zealand's capital Wellington set several tents and a slide on Parliament's lawn on fire during violent skirmish with police officers on Wednesday. The protest has been going on for 23 days."

"About 95% of eligible people are vaccinated with two doses, with shots mandatory for some staff in front-line jobs."

But if 95% of people have already taken the vaccine, who is protesting?

But either way, I guess this shows that 'zero-covid' is not a viable or sustainable strategy to pursue, even if you are a developed island nation with a small population.

"A country of five million people, New Zealand imposed tough anti-virus curbs that restricted its cases to just over 118,000 and 56 deaths, far lower than in many developed countries. But fuelled by the Omicron variant, daily infections are currently hovering near record levels."
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:09   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Sir, could you please shed some light on how Covid anti body tests would work on a vaccinated person? Would the tests show antibodies from vaccination or only if the person had actually contracted the virus?
There are various antigens present in the COVID-19 virus. Two such examples are: N antigen and Scantigen.

A person vaccinated with Covishield only got injected with the S antigen. Hence his sample will contain antibodies only against the S antigen (anti-S antibodies).

A person who had contracted COVID-19 will have antibodies against multiple antigens. E.g. both anti-S as well as anti-N antibodies.

I am traveling right now. If you want more details, I can share simple to understand files or data at night.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:12   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Hello

Antibodies will be reflected in your blood tests in both the cases - actual infection or vaccine. However, a vaccinated person "may not" test positive for antibodies. It does not mean the individual is not protected against the infection. A negative test could be due to a host of reasons -
1.Titres not significant enough to come up as positive on a blood test.
2. Variations in antibody testing modalities. An antibody test that is directed towards spike protein ( Antibody to spike protein ) may not test positive if you are using a modality that picks up antibodies to nucleocapsid protein.

The mechanisms and processes are at a very molecular level that I too don't have much information about but for a superficial understanding, this is how the antibody test interpretation works. For your question, to keeps things simple, a vaccinated person "may" OR "may not" show antibodies on the serology test. Same applies to someone who actually contracted an infection.

By the way, some IIT institutions are coming up with statistics on fourth wave. Lets not panic, can't understand why these mathematicians don't mind their own business and leave aside biology.

- Dr. Vivek
vivek95 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:41   #6115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
By the way, some IIT institutions are coming up with statistics on fourth wave. Lets not panic, can't understand why these mathematicians don't mind their own business and leave aside biology.
Well, if you are referring to this gentleman, he does have background in biology. He was Chairman of Systems Biology Science at University of Texas for 8 years. Also Head of Bioengineering Department from March 2010 until June 2013. Primary tasks were research and teaching in machine learning, and applications to computational cancer biology. (from his Linkedin profile)

He has even written a book on how to use mathamatics for biology applications. As you probably know, any advance level scientific research is all mathematics.

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd March 2022 at 16:44.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:38   #6116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbilung View Post
I caught covid during the 1st week of january. I thank god and my stars that I got a mild infection. Ever since, I am having a throbbing headache and pressure in head with complete loss of appetite. I feel bloated 24x7.
I tested positive 6 days back. I have mild symptoms but no taste or smell. Further i get a headache every evening- luckily a mild one, though nagging.
Old 9th March 2022, 11:55   #6117
BANNED

The US Food and Drug Adminitration's CBER(Center For Biologics Evaluationa and Research) had been forced to release the data on trials conducted for the Pfizer vaccine(Cominarty) by an order by US District Judge Mark T. Pittman against FDA's plea to suppress the data for 75 years. This report shows them registering over 1,58,000 "adverse events". They have listed 1291 side effects.

Quoting the article, the side effects include the following.

"Acute kidney injury, acute flaccid myelitis, anti-sperm antibody positive, brain stem embolism, brain stem thrombosis, cardiac arrest, cardiac failure, cardiac ventricular thrombosis, cardiogenic shock, central nervous system vasculitis, death neonatal, deep vein thrombosis, encephalitis brain stem, encephalitis hemorrhagic, frontal lobe epilepsy, foaming at mouth, epileptic psychosis, facial paralysis, fetal distress syndrome, gastrointestinal amyloidosis, generalized tonic-clonic seizure, Hashimoto’s encephalopathy, hepatic vascular thrombosis, herpes zoster reactivation, immune-mediated hepatitis, interstitial lung disease, jugular vein embolism, juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, liver injury, low birth weight, multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, myocarditis, neonatal seizure, pancreatitis, pneumonia, stillbirth, tachycardia, temporal lobe epilepsy, testicular autoimmunity, thrombotic cerebral infarction, Type 1 diabetes mellitus, venous thrombosis neonatal, and vertebral artery thrombosis among 1,246 other medical conditions following vaccination."

The original research data of 55,000 pages is here. https://phmpt.org/pfizers-documents/

The condensed data with 22 Page list of side effects is released by FDA is here. https://www.thesouthafrican.com/wp-c...de-effects.pdf

The article is here. https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other...ows/ar-AAULL9o

What would the knowledgeable folks be weighing in on this?

Last edited by COMMUTER : 9th March 2022 at 12:19.
Old 9th March 2022, 12:39   #6118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
T...by an order by US District Judge Mark T. Pittman against FDA's plea to suppress the data for 75 years.

This report shows them registering over 1,58,000 "adverse events". They have listed 1291 side effects.
At the outset, I am in no means medically knowledgeable, so a better reply is surely welcome from the medically qualified folks.

But I remember reading something about this much before covid. Behind most vaccine adverse event sensational headlines like this one, is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Now, as an idea, it's a great idea and I'd say a necessary one. It's useful to figure out trends and could be an early warning. BUT like all data systems, it suffers from under reporting on one side, and the risk of cherry picking data on the other side.

Now take the polio vaccine. No one can argue against the facts that it's done what it was meant to, it's been around for decades and it's safe. Yet that too had 41,792 adverse event reports submitted between 2000 and 2012 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26289956/). A new vaccine like the covid vaccine released in a time where more people are connected is certainly going to have more reporting.

Now the point I'm trying to make is not simply pro-vax (though personally, looking at the data, it's obvious to me that increased vaccination rates is what has caused the serious case rates to fall, anywhere in the world.) And I too know that drug companies have certainly been guilty of enough cover-ups.

The point is that the VAERS system is just working the way it was meant to, tracking adverse effects. But all vaccines have adverse effects. All vaccinations are ultimately a "bigger picture", numbers game. They will not prevent everyone from catching the disease, they may not even eradicate the disease. But given enough regional and eventually global coverage, the disease recedes into the background. Certainly adverse effect data must be collected and publicised transparently and to the public. But interpreted medically first. Anti-vax arguments can always be constructed using that kind of early stage data for any vaccine.

Finally, the news about a judge having to 'force' the FDA to release data adds to the (conspiracy) theory that there was something to cover up. It might be useful to read some additional reporting on that:

"The nonprofit that won the case, Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency, sued the FDA last September, claiming that the agency denied its request to expedite the release of COVID-19 vaccine review documents via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)."

"Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency includes several physicians known for spreading false or misleading information during the pandemic,"

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/97544

Last edited by am1m : 9th March 2022 at 13:00.
Old 9th March 2022, 15:21   #6119
BHPian

Now that the 3rd wave is (unofficially) over, there are still some questions today that have no satisfactory answers:
  1. Has India done better in terms of death rates compared to the rest of the world? Official numbers tell us that it is so. The western media will cut off it's right hand before giving us any credit, saying that our numbers are grossly under-reported. On the other hand, our past experience with "government" data in so many other areas (afforestation, for example) too have to be taken with a full bag of salt. Personally, I believe that we have definitely done better than many other developed countries - a part of my reasoning being that many relatively weaker people in our country would unfortunately have already died due to other causes like hunger, malnutrition, pollution, and communicable diseases. Before Covid got to these vulnerable people.
  2. Extrapolating the same point to within our country - why has Kerala done much worse compared to other states? Even today, Kerala is adding a large number of backlog deaths:
Name:  india.png
Views: 319
Size:  46.6 KB

If these numbers from Kerala are false, and the numbers are shown high because more people are falsely claiming Covid compensation for the deaths, then people from other states should have claimed it too in their respective states. On the other hand, if the numbers from Kerala are correct, then does it mean that each and every other state in the country is under-reporting the deaths? Across the political spectrum? That too is hard to believe.

I know we've discussed some of these points many months earlier, but hopefully, there is better data available today to give us a more accurate picture.

Last edited by PearlJam : 9th March 2022 at 15:26.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 18:24   #6120
BANNED

GAVI was co founded by India, Norway and Bill.

Health ministry of India has a permanent board position.

You may see our newest boy there. Number 15.

https://www.gavi.org/governance/gavi-board/members

That is clearly a conflict of interest.

You can’t set vaccine policy as part of government and be it’s beneficiary.

But that is still nothing.

Look at how it is financed. The details are all on in the wiki page.

You will see that it’s financial arrangement is an international havala scheme.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte...nance_Facility

It was designed and implemented by old world money. The Rockefelkers.

The point person is our our own rajiv shah.

You can see at a glance that he is in the who’s who of the vaccine business.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_Shah

Using this method the evil perpetrators were and still are able to fund local and national elections in every country.

Everything appears to have been done legally and with no questions asked.

The international health and travel restrictions have been in place since 1969. And all 194 member states agreed a long time ago to work in lock step.

You may read about that here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte...th_Regulations

Last edited by hangover : 1st May 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Added links.
hangover is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks