Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What kind of music is in your playlist?
Rock Music 119 38.02%
Hip Hop Music 19 6.07%
Pop Music 43 13.74%
Electronic/ Trance/ Club Music 45 14.38%
Others (Country, Jazz, Instrumental etc) 87 27.80%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:15   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Really dig the creepy sound of this one
Used to listen to that on repeat at night for a while

Try this one
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:11   #137
BHPian

Great to see so many Rock music fans here. I love hearing rock in general and in the car, more specifically. One of my personal favorites has been Mark Knopfler. Possibly one of the underrated musicians to be present in today's world, with a phenomenal guitar sound and an equally good.

I may not understand his lyrics many a times but what amazing sound! Telegraph Road and Sultans of Swing (Alchemy live) deserve to be songs with the best solos in the world. They just make my drive so fluid every time.
bosem123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:14   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

The morsing, which I used to play in a very humble way, is an instrument that has close relatives all over the world. See what amazing stuff this astonishingly beautiful Eastern-European lady does.

She even has basic lessons on her channel!

Where music from this part of the world is concerned, somehow never imagined I'd enjoy anything modern. ie after Bob Marley! Somehow came to watch this and was amazed:

Old 23rd July 2020, 21:36   #139
BHPian

Flea Rocks with that Slap Pop Bass line

Last edited by adrian : 23rd July 2020 at 21:37.
Old 23rd July 2020, 22:35   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automagical View Post
Here are some of my goto artists (depends on the mood)

1. During regular Office commutes I listen to Downtempo and lounge mostly as kind of background music as I am all the time lost in my own thoughts
So AnujunaDeep and some podcasts on Spotify are my thing.

2. When I am in the mood for an exciting drive and in a very upbeat mood I prefer some EDM (Above and beyond, Ilan Bluetone etc)
Been listening to Anjunadeep 11 on repeat. can’t wait for 2021 to start listening to it while driving. And A&B is where it all began for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I prefer EDM or deep house music as that helps me keep awake .
Deep House is surreal IMO. Listen to All Day I Dream and thank me later!
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 23:08   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosem123 View Post
Great to see so many Rock music fans here. I love hearing rock in general and in the car, more specifically. One of my personal favorites has been Mark Knopfler. Possibly one of the underrated musicians to be present in today's world, with a phenomenal guitar sound and an equally good.

I may not understand his lyrics many a times but what amazing sound! Telegraph Road and Sultans of Swing (Alchemy live) deserve to be songs with the best solos in the world. They just make my drive so fluid every time.
Have literally grown up listening to Dire Straits since the early nineties...Back in the walkman days, buying any cassette of Dire Straits album was a big event for me. Have been hooked ever since with his finger picking style of playing the guitar. As a hobby I too play finger style guitar trying to emulate my guitar hero. Sultans of swing is my favourite. So is all of his other songs including 'Brothers In Arms'.
Old 24th July 2020, 00:24   #142
BHPian

Malayalam Rap is a sub genre I didn't see being discussed there. I wasn't aware such a thing existed till around 3 weeks ago, when Malayalam actor Neeraj Madhav (Family Man fame) released the following track:

Do check out the other 3 rap tracks on his channel with jungle & wildlife theme. Pretty impressed!

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 24th July 2020 at 00:26.
Old 26th July 2020, 12:38   #143
BHPian

Alabama Band (Love it on my long drives)

Album : Souther Star

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-I__pNlkLSb83k

Album : Forty Hour Week

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...x6IzuDd6xg7s0c

Ventures

Last edited by adrian : 26th July 2020 at 13:04. Reason: adding Ventures
Old 4th October 2020, 19:18   #144
Team-BHP Support

It is funny to discover an Indian singer from foreign reviewers. I had never heard of Nina Burmi before... wow, what a voice she has. Where can I get more of her music, this is a 11 year old recording.

I could have pointed to the original youtube video. But the reaction and analysis by Rick Segall after the performance is so good, I decided to share the reaction video to the song.

Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 22:13   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Darbar.org is a British organisation. They have been organising festivals and looks like they now have a subscription streaming service.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 22:17   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Darbar.org is a British organisation. They have been organising festivals and looks like they now have a subscription streaming service.
Yes, I had already checked their subscription price, 3.95 British pounds/month. I am not very comfortable giving credit card to international websites for recurring payments. So I was looking for other options.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th October 2020 at 22:23.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 22:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
I have a theory: Most of us like the music groups that were popular during our high school and college times.
This is true to a great extent, at least, in my case. However, I have now made a habit to discover new music whenever I drive to work.

And, I tend to use shazaam a lot while watching movies, series, or anime.

Here is a video from the Wagakki band, an amazing Japanese band, whose fusion skills are legendary.

On similar lines, I also enjoy a few pieces from Babymetal.

Abhineet Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 23:04   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Talking about Darbar, here is the teacher of Nina Burmi. You can see where Nina gets it from. The woman playing the tanpura is almost crying with joy seeing the maestro at work. Just amazing...

Old 4th October 2020, 23:16   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Nowadays less remembered but never to be forgotten Louis Armstrong (1901-1971), the American jazz trumpeter and singer, had a career spanning 50 years from 1921-1971. His voice and music are one of a kind with the exclusive Louis signature. His hits were later mostly in mainstream pop charts, apart from many of these being chart toppers in the Jazz charts. There are some compositions of his that I could listen in to all day long.

Here's a video of the theme song from Hello Dolly, the Broadway production of 1964, made into a film by the same name in 1969. Incidentally, Louis Armstrong starred in this film with Barbara Streisand and others. The jazz trumpeter-singer's stage performances and his trademark smile are eye catching.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th October 2020 at 23:19.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:20   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Talking about Darbar, here is the teacher of Nina Burmi. You can see where Nina gets it from. ... ... ...
I have seen Parveen Sultana sing. Yes, very wonderful.

I'm not that much informed about Hindustani musicians, but another wonderful singer, that you might enjoy, is Kaushiki Chakraborty, daughter of Ajoy Chakraborty. She was performing here with some other people, whom I had gone to see, not taking much notice of her name on the program, not even knowing who she was --- but it was she that bowled me over
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks