Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 20:39   #6841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I ordered from Malnad Mangoes when they started years ago. They had logistical problems in the intervening years and so I stopped buying. After seeing the glowing reviews, I ordered 5kgs of Mallika, but I must admit that I am less than impressed. About 4 mangoes were good (as good as the locally bought ones), a few were passable and the ones we tried today were downright awful. A few were rotten. Dread trying out the rest. So much for "direct from farm"!
Contact them. They offer full refunds for damages.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 11:35   #6842
BHPian

Thanks everyone for guiding me through this egg-xcellent journey (pun intended).
Too many people to multi-quote and thank!

I went ahead and purchased a Nova Egg boiler Model NEC-1530 off FK at 390 Rs.
Used it to hard boil 2 eggs, they came out ok. My joy new no bounds

I was expecting undercooked eggs or egg yolk splattering, but so far no force majeure.

To rid the boiled egg smell, generously sprinkled tons of chat masala & turmeric powder. I was a sight to behold at home during all these activities!
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-egg.jpeg.jpg  

1985Darkkid85 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 12:19   #6843
BHPian

There seems to be a new unethical behavior by Flipkart these days. Taking advantage of the Pandemic, they are now keeping money of the orders that need replacement or refund and giving excuses to not to issue the same.

1) They shipped a defective phone that I complained about immediately after receiving.
2) A technician came home to check it and he approved a replacement. But he came a few days late than ideally he should have.
3) Flipkart said it is due to to Pandemic induced manpower shortage. I accepted it all and waited.
4) Replacement order placed same day as his visit and not Flipkart start shifting dates multiple times for phone pickup, again citing Pandemic as the reason. I called customer support to make sure this will not void my return policy period as they are at fault and not me. CS executive says its all ok and it will not impact replacement.
5) After shifting the date thrice and still not being able to come, they call me and give me an option of refund. I say ok and take a confirmation of the same with a date.
6) Refund gets approved (in system) but still they keep on shifting dates, citing Pandemic.
7) Suddenly one day they close all open tickets and no intimation is giving. Reason: End of return policy period.
8) Again they will raise a new ticket and give you a new date to resolve the issue. This time they will say that the seller has closed it and not them ��
9) Those dates too pass by and now you will be asked to raise a new ticket again.
11) Now they will say that they can't raise a ticket due to Technical Error

More than 6 weeks have gone by but yet no resolution.

Skip Flipkart to save your money. Do not trust them. Pandemic is their excuse to keep your money.

Looked up on SM and found some more people reporting the same behavior. I complained on SM today and got standard response - we will come back to you, please give us some time ��

Meanwhile, I am left with a defective phone that I am not at all using and my money is stuck with them.

Last edited by sunilch : 30th May 2021 at 12:20.
sunilch is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 12:37   #6844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
There seems to be a new unethical behavior by Flipkart these days.
Ive had similar bad experiences with FK returns of wrong product being delivered and hours and hours on call for resolution. Compare to Amazon, just one phone call and trust on customer for a non-delivered item 10 days after so called delivery. I got a resolution immediately and replacement was delivered in two days. I was amazed by this as both the ordeals were in the last 45 days and the ease of resolution is the reason why most of my home shopping needs happen on Amazon these days.
diyguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 15:05   #6845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Ive had similar bad experiences with FK returns of wrong product being delivered and hours and hours on call for resolution. Compare to Amazon, just one phone call
Why do people even bother with Flipkart anymore? Not only are the same items usually expensive when compared to Amazon, but their customer service also doesn't match up to Amazon.

I got a wrong, non-returnable product delivered yesterday. Uploaded the pics and made one phone call. The amount was refunded within a couple of hours although the executive had said it will take four working days.

However, I feel the number of incorrect/fake products has increased on Amazon, especially with Cloudtail. This was the third small-ticket item that was wrong in the last six months. And surprisingly, all of them were non-returnable. Twice, I got the refund and the third I decided to keep the item since the replacement was also wrong, but it was similar to what I was looking for and served my purpose.
Jaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 16:48   #6846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Why do people even bother with Flipkart anymore? Not only are the same items usually expensive when compared to Amazon, but their customer service also doesn't match up to Amazon.
I feel the same, and I don't usually bother with Flipkart.

However, I feel increasingly guilty about supporting Amazon, due to the fact that, internationally, they have become the mill owners of the Industrial revolution, with pretty awful working conditions. Does anybody know the situation for Amazon warehouse and delivery workers here in India?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:32   #6847
Senior - BHPian

On 27/5 sometime during the afternoon, when I launched the Kindle app on my phone it didn't take me to the page where I stopped reading the most recent book. It didn't even show me my Library screen. Instead - it showed me a login screen. Ditto on Amazon website. I tried to login with my ID/password (stored in the browser) but failed. I tried to reset my password, which seemed to work - but after I entered the new password and tried to login, got this:

Name:  Untitled2.png
Views: 1382
Size:  33.0 KB

Bummer. I had several orders in various stages of fulfillment, about 10K in Amazon pay balance, a few hundred Kindle e-books and an AWS account that I use for income-generating activities. I was also worried about my Fire TV stick not working and at the bottom of the concerns list, losing access to my Goodreads & IMDb accounts.

It said I have to contact customer service, so now the hunt was for how to do that. This was quick, since the "Other issues with sign-in", "I cannot sign in to my account" gave a toll-free number to call that worked (the agent said they are on from 5 AM till 12 midnight).

Since I have 2FA activated in my account, the agent couldn't access it without an OTP verification. And the OTP didn't arrive. The agent and I chatted for about 15 minutes waiting for the OTP, but no. Finally we decided to call it a day (the OTP eventually arrived about 1 hour after I got off the call with the agent).

Next day (28/5) I called again. This time the OTP arrived almost instantaneously. Once I gave it I got a link to reset my password. I kept the agent on the call and used that link to reset the password - and it all worked. I cleared cookies, cache, data, everything in all Amazon apps and websites and logged in with the new password. Changed it once again, made sure my 2FA works, and eventually declared everything normal by noon on 28th.

So summary - I don't know what went wrong in the first place. But stuff happens. It is the recovery process that I'm impressed with. The help system is navigable, the phone number is not hidden, the call is attended (though the IVRS is different if you call from your registered phone number and from an unregistered phone number), the agents know their stuff and except for that hiccup with the OTP (SMS delivery delays? I left feedback that there has to be alternative methods of authentication - what if I had lost my phone too?) the process was painless enough for an account that is nearly as important as the Google one.
binand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:56   #6848
BHPian

Hello guys,
Has anyone ordered from aliexpress recently? I need to order replacement ear cups for my headphones and they are not available on amazon (flipkart is as usual useless), so the only option is aliexpress. Are aliexpress orders being delivered on time or not being delivered at all?
The product page on aliexpress says 'ships to India in 40-45 days'.
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:47   #6849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
... Are aliexpress orders being delivered on time or not being delivered at all?
The product page on aliexpress says 'ships to India in 40-45 days'.
Really? Wow. Last time I looked at anything there, shipping was not available to India.

Admitting that we may all have mixed feelings about buying from China, I'd love to see it open up again. Odds and ends that used to be easily available there, but not, since the massacre of e-bay in this country, anywhere else.
Old 3rd June 2021, 21:57   #6850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Hello guys,
Has anyone ordered from aliexpress recently?

... ships to India in 40-45 days'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Really? Wow. Last time I looked at anything there, shipping was not available to India.

Admitting that we may all have mixed feelings about buying from China, I'd love to see it open up again. Odds and ends that used to be easily available there, but not, since the massacre of e-bay in this country, anywhere else.
Up until you try to make the payment everything seems normal. When you try to pay, it tells you that the transaction is not allowed or something to that effect.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 23:19   #6851
BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, I am left with a defective phone that I am not at all using and my money is stuck with them.
Update on the issue: After multiple follow-ups and some posting on SM, received calls from Customer Support and the device got picked up. Three days after pickup, got the money back too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Why do people even bother with Flipkart anymore?
Yes I agree. Most of my buying is from Amazon due to reasons you gave. However, this was a simple case of exclusivity - desired phone not being available on Amazon. This is how I believe Flipkart is surviving these days. I never had issues with Flipkart earlier, though my buying from them was very small - both in value and in orders. I had read about bad experiences by folks with Flipkart on SM though. But personally, this was my first experience for a high value purchase with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I feel the same, and I don't usually bother with Flipkart.

However, I feel increasingly guilty about supporting Amazon, due to the fact that, internationally, they have become the mill owners of the Industrial revolution, with pretty awful working conditions. Does anybody know the situation for Amazon warehouse and delivery workers here in India?
Agree to your point. For this reason, I wish we will continue to have more players in the market in India. Otherwise, Amazon will become the Giant Monopoly that it already is in many markets and that may not be great for us as customers. India warehouses and delivery network is still in boom phase with new warehouses coming-up everywhere and many new folks joining delivery companies. This Pandemic has boosted their growth.

Time will tell a different tale I believe.

OT note: I believe a regulator for e-Comm platforms will help consumers in general. I know this may sound a bad idea in India, given that we generally tend to associate a government department with in-efficiency on SM or Movies. But I have seen and benefited in tightly regulated businesses where the regulator policies have helped consumers a lot. Some sort of sanity is needed for online purchases.

Last edited by sunilch : 5th June 2021 at 23:24.
sunilch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 09:35   #6852
BHPian

Those in Bengaluru, were you able to successfully place an order with Ikea ? During peak hours site said try later, I checked with customer care who said try in the early hours, I did and the site said postal code is unserviceable. I tried 560001 to 20, same result.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:36   #6853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Those in Bengaluru, were you able to successfully place an order with Ikea ? During peak hours site said try later, I checked with customer care who said try in the early hours, I did and the site said postal code is unserviceable. I tried 560001 to 20, same result.
I placed 2 orders on the very first day itself. Committed delivery is 28th but no shipping alert yet.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:19   #6854
BHPian

Mildly shocked that people need a 'device' to boil eggs. No offence intended.
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:29   #6855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Mildly shocked that people need a 'device' to boil eggs. No offence intended.
Nothing shocking there, egg boilers are useful. They use a fraction of the water required compared to boiling them over a vessel. Most egg boilers turn off automatically once done and less messy as the eggs don't break.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks