Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 12:02   #7036
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I never use the likes of Amazon, FK, Myntra etc for brands like Adidas, Nike, Reebok etc. Cant really tell whats fake or not.

We purchase directly from the website of Adidas & Reebok. Excellent experience. Same prices and authenticity guaranteed.
I have mostly bought these brands from Flipkart. Have always got original product as I make it a point to visit nearby showroom and check with them if it's an authentic product. Even got an Under Armour shoe from Flipkart this time which is an original product. However, there are lots of cases of fake ones and it's better to buy from seller websites directly. Only thing is the discount in Big billion sale is unmatched.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:52   #7037
BHPian

Anyone having any experience or opinion on Openkartz . com? The products and pricing seem to be too good to be true. Contact information seems fake too.

They are advertising over Youtube which may make many believe this to be valid.

The Online Shopping Thread-openkartz_2.png

The Online Shopping Thread-openkartz.png
Old 9th January 2022, 20:24   #7038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
The products and pricing seem to be too good to be true. Contact information seems fake too.]
Those prices should be ringing fire alarm bells, and just raising suspicion
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:42   #7039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Those prices should be ringing fire alarm bells, and just raising suspicion
That is exactly what raised my alarms and I went in to check the contact information and then domain registration. All these point to 'everything' fishy
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 22:10   #7040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Anyone having any experience or opinion on Openkartz . com? The products and pricing seem to be too good to be true. Contact information seems fake too.

They are advertising over Youtube which may make many believe this to be valid.

Attachment 2257162

Attachment 2257163
There are many such fake sites advertising dirt cheap prices especially on Facebook. I'm sure many people will fall for their tactics.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 02:39   #7041
BHPian

How safe would it be to purchase a 65 inch LED TV from say Amazon or flipkart considering they ship it to a tier 4 city and points to consider to get it without any damages.
jacobsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 07:32   #7042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
How safe would it be to purchase a 65 inch LED TV from say Amazon or flipkart considering they ship it to a tier 4 city and points to consider to get it without any damages.
You don't need to worry much when buying from reputed sites like Amazon or Flipkart. If the TV is damaged in transit, they will replace the unit.

The only thing you need to do is capture the unboxing on video so that you have proof to show them if it was damaged. Still better, don't open the package yourself and let the official installer do it and he can confirm if there are any damages.

Relatively, I find customer care of Amazon is more responsive than Flipkart, but I normally choose the site based on their offers and availability.
Everlearner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:45   #7043
BHPian

Quote:
I purchased a 77” OLED from Amazon a few months ago and a bunch of LED TVs in the past. Never faced any issue. I prefer Amazon over Flipkart.

Just a couple of things:
1. Try to stick to reputed sellers like Cloudtail
2. Some TVs sold on Amazon needs to be inspected for physical damage at the time of delivery while a few others have to be unboxed only by the installation team. Make sure to read about the protocol to be followed.
ece2k2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 11:16   #7044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have purchased 2 TV's from Amazon over the past few years. No issues with the quality of delivery. The delivery person opens the box in front of you to check for physical damage. Only once verified will they mark the item as delivered.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:54   #7045
BHPian

For those who use the CRED App, there is a Republic Day Sale starting today till 02 Feb. Pretty good discounts on a lot of Brands.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:26   #7046
BHPian

Hello friends, posting about my recent experience of trying to purchase a Split AC from Samsung India official website.

Well, Samsung India was running republic day sales and as a part of the offer, a split AC (1.5t inverter model) was available for a price of 27990, with some additional benefits for existing customer. Since I had a requirement, went ahead and placed an order on 19 Jan, with promised delivery on 23 Jan and installation on 24 Jan. But since I placed the order through laptop, I could not get any benefits, though I was an existing customer. Upon discussing with Samsung customer care, understood that I will get additional benefits only through Samsung shop App in Android phone only (not available for iphone). Also, I have to cancel my existing order and place the order again through app if I wanted additional benefits.

So, I canceled my order on 19 Jan itself and after getting confirmation for cancellation on 20 Jan, I placed another order for same AC through Samsung App. This time the final price after applying some benefits worked out to be 25740 for the 1.5t inverter split AC. Got an order confirmation with promised delivery on 24 Jan and installation on 25 Jan. I also got a message that the shipping details will be shared once the product is packaged and shipped.

As I didn't get any further messages regarding order shipment, I called up the customer care on 24 Jan morning to enquire the status. They confirmed my suspicion and said that the order is not yet shipped and it is expected to be delayed. But since the local warehouse is only around 50 km from my house, they were confident that the product will be delivered in a day or two. They also agreed to escalate the delay so that the product is reaching me at the earliest.

Next comes the surprise. On 24th Jan night, I get a mail from Samsung that my order is canceled as per my request. Irritated, I called up customer care and asked for reason behind my order cancelation without my concurrence and reason behind cancelation.
The lady at the other end went on to explain that cancelation was done by Samsung only and I have not asked for cancelation. But she could not explain why I got a mail stating, cancelation was done as per my request. So, my call was connected to some higher up. Now this lady at other end went on to explain that the order was canceled due to billing issues. I asked her what the billing issues are? A company like Samsung cannot generalize an issue as billing issue as this can lead to compliance issue.

As expected she don't know the specifics. She went on to explain that, I am not the only person to be affected, many such customer's orders are canceled due to billing issue. She also confirmed me that the existing order cannot be revived. I have to make a new order if required. Also, they cannot give price guarantee and my refund will take 7 to 10 business days (1.5 to 2 weeks). They effectively went on to say that I have to keep spare money for at least 3 times the product cost. Finally, she agreed to escalate further and gave me an escalation reference number.

Next, I went ahead and checked the website again to confirm whether any specific mistakes was there in my order that resulted in the AC being priced at such less cost. Bute even as I write this now, the webpage says "Best way to buy AR18TY3QBPU Air Conditioner at ₹25740". Link below.

https://www.samsung.com/in/air-condi...c-ar18ty3qbpu/

And on 24th Jan itself the Samsung App started showing the product as "Not Available for Sale". Website is showing "Get Stock Alert". I checked for Samsung India for Grievance redressal. There was a number available, 02222799901. I called them multiple times, but no one picked up. So, sent a mail to the email ID available in same page explaining the above. Again I got a standard reply that I will get feedback for my escalation.

https://www.samsung.com/in/offer/online/savex/

As on today, I was supposed to get reply for the escalations in 24hrs. But till now, I haven't got any feedback from them, nor my amount was deposited back to my account yet. This I feel is a strategy employed to increase the hits to the App / website thereby tempting people to buy. But the biggest issue is, how many people's money is held up for 2 weeks with order getting canceled automatically. I never expected such behavior from one of the biggest brands in the World, employing cheap strategies. If this is a behavior from a middle man, still that can be acceptable as OEM not involved, but this is a classis case of OEMs directly involved in such activities

Barath

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th February 2022 at 17:01. Reason: Capitalising and splitting into paragraphs for better readability.
barathvajan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:57   #7047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
For those who use the CRED App, there is a Republic Day Sale starting today till 02 Feb. Pretty good discounts on a lot of Brands.
There are some really amazing deals specially on coffees (Brought supply good enough for 3 months ).
Apart from that was able to get Airpods 3rd Gen @ Rs. 13.8K (Sale goes live at 2000 hours daily).
I was not able to beat these prices using all the discounts HDFC Infinia credit card can offer.

PS: Not affiliated with any of these Brands / Apps
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 15:47   #7048
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Off late, FB offerings haven't been as exciting or revolutionary either.
For the first time, I made a purchase (cashew nuts) at a very attractive price from a dealer in the Facebook market place on 20th January and paid by card. I got an sms that my order was shipped. But nothing received so far. When I try to track the package through a link provided in the sms, I draw a blank. It shows "the seller is no longer available". When I check the payee name from credit card records, it shows Jatinbhai Natubhai Tawker, but it was not the name of the firm when I placed the order. It was something else which I have now forgotten, and unable to trace on FB.

When I try to make a complaint to FB, I am running in circles. There is no clear cut method to make a complaint, and I don't remember the company name to boot.

So everyone please excercise caution while buying things on FB. It seems to have a Caveat Emptor policy. It is nowhere equivalent to buying on Amazon or Flipkart where one has a clear redressal mechanism. The amount is too small to even contemplate any legal steps.

I later came to know there is a big racket going on in FB in the name of dry fruits sale!

Last edited by Gansan : 5th February 2022 at 15:49.
Gansan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 16:42   #7049
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
It is nowhere equivalent to buying on Amazon or Flipkart where one has a clear redressal mechanism. The amount is too small to even contemplate any legal steps.

I later came to know there is a big racket going on in FB in the name of dry fruits sale!
Seems to be a Gujarati Name. Amazon and Flipkart are better, but even these two have also fallen to typical Indian techniques of avoiding redressal issues,

First it was Flipkart and then Amazon. Both have removed their emails from complaints. You need to call up and waste your time for hours. Add to that they don't store any details of your last call or the images uploaded. Still they are better because mistakes are less than 5%.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 16:54   #7050
Senior - BHPian

^^ They are better because we make payment to them, and they in turn pay the vendor. In FB we directly pay the vendor. He absconded in my case.

I suppose I can make legal complaints. But the amount paid was Rs 299, so there is no point!
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed