Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 18:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

And they still go in with that DUD - Sehwag. Baaah !!!! We never seem to learn anything from our mistakes
Old 19th March 2007, 19:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Hey, What does money have to do with talent ... or the killer instinct . We have to accept that we dont have the killer instinct that a lot of other teams do and that could be for various reasons . Its something that you born with , and overall we Indians have always been a demure nation . And that doesnt mean that I dont luv my country or crap like that .... I just am saying what is a fact -- we are full of couch surfers who think we know it all .
The way LN Mittal and Ratan Tata are buying out people left, right and centre, you'd think we have some sort of killer instinct.

Face it man, our cricketers are a pampered useless lot. We haven't won a major trophy in years, and we just plain suck. If we were a nation of whiners, we wouldn't have chess wizards by the dozen and golfers and shooters. Heck, we wouldn't have won 7 hockey golds. Our cricketers can't even stomach performance-based contracts. They're fat leeches, living off our hopes.
Old 19th March 2007, 19:10   #78
BHPian

There we go.......1 down
Old 19th March 2007, 19:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

and look ma who it is !! SEHWAG
Old 19th March 2007, 19:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
15 Men in Blue turn a whole nation BLUE
Well after the first match, 15 Men in Blue turn a whole nation RED!
Old 19th March 2007, 19:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well after the first match, 15 Men in Blue turn a whole nation RED!
That i wrote after the 1st match !

Also, I would not read much in Sehwag making runs here , the bowling looks STRICTLY club class.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 19th March 2007 at 19:24.
Old 19th March 2007, 20:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
That i wrote after the 1st match !

Also, I would not read much in Sehwag making runs here , the bowling looks STRICTLY club class.
I agree with you,one should not read too much if Sehwag makes a patchy half century (with plays & misses & dropped catches) against a lowly side like Bermuda..Let him face Srilanka (& if India is lucky to make it super 8) than a decent bowling attack..We will see than..

He should not have been persisted in any other top 5-6 cricket playing teams had it not been for team mgmt/captain.
Old 19th March 2007, 20:52   #83
BHPian

Allrite then. We will have a captain going gaa gaa for his most favoured player and Sehwag will have a kitty of atleast 5 crores more waiting for him from his sponsors for ads. Also we can now be assured that Sehwag will be there to stay in the team for 2 more years even if he does not perform because he has performed against Bermuda in the WC. I probably think that Dravid pleaded to Sehwag ki baba please aaj run banana nahin toh tere saath meri bhi lag jayegi. Tu toh boost pi ke gujara kar lega lekin mere pass toh koi bhi khane peene ki cheez ka supply nahin hai aur agar tu run banayega toh please apne sponsor se baat kar ke mere ko bhi ek do naye ad dila dena.
Old 19th March 2007, 22:23   #84
BHPian

at last some score from sehwag's bat ..
Old 19th March 2007, 22:56   #85
BHPian

India has made 413 runs .. India can hope to enter final 8 if they beat SL.
Old 19th March 2007, 22:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Kya Club Class bowling hai !! Bermuda were just putting the ball in space , waiting for the carnage to end.

This makes it all the more difficult for India now. If Bangladesh know what they have to do in the last group match against this bowling , it could be curtains for India.
Old 19th March 2007, 23:19   #87
BHPian

Apni Tuning Jamegi...! Wear Bermuda..Eat Lanka..! Go India Go...!

See if India win this match and the one with Sri Lanka..India will go ahead as by far it will have the Highest NRR-Net Run Rate..Points toh sabke same rehne chaiye..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 19th March 2007 at 23:20.
Old 19th March 2007, 23:32   #88
BHPian

What if it continues to rain and the match is abandoned? Will the points be shared? If yes, then Oh Ah India....Wapas Aa India
Old 20th March 2007, 00:11   #89
rks
BANNED

Ganguly 89 off 114 ***** .... against Bermuda? Ridiculous. Should have gotten 150 at least. The previous game against Bangladesh he scored 66 of 129 *****. True India was in trouble, but a player like Ganguly when set against a weak bowling attack like Bangladesh, should have no problems increasing the scoring rate to more than a run a ball. The problem with our senior players is that they are looking to play slowly and get to a 50 first, no matter how long it takes (Tendulkar 7 of 26 *****; Rahul Dravid 14 of 28 ***** -- not good enough against Bangladesh). Then they would like to speed up, once their personal scores are respectable; the problem with this "me first" attitude is that if you get out after scoring slowly, you become a liability to the team. Yuvraj at least was respectable -- 47 off 58 *****.

I hope Greg Chappell makes it clear to the players that against the likes of Sri Lanka or Australia or SA, anything less than a run a ball is a huge liability. Even 300 cannot be considered a winning total, given our weak bowling attack.
Old 20th March 2007, 00:49   #90
BHPian

Play Srisanth and the attack will improve..!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks