Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 14:11   #1216
Team-BHP Support

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
... Anyway, this maze of travel restrictions and equally rampant exemptions were never going to do anything to really contain the spread of covid, it was just about showing that the people in charge were doing 'something'.
A lot of the trying to treat a public health issue with law & order measures never made sense, and once they gave control to individual district administrations, it's just been haphazard mayhem in a lot of places.

Safety measures needed, no question, but common sense ones, esp. with festival season kicking off.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:35   #1217
BHPian

Done with both doses of Covishield; thanks to the corporate vaccination programme initiated by my company.

Second one went off smoothly, no fever or body ache.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 22:05   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
So I had my first shot of vaccine yesterday, please find below experience for the same - [/list]
So got second dose of covishield vaccination last Friday. This time side effects were in batches

- Had feverish feeling after 3 hours of vaccination.
- Started having headache by night and I was feeling okay when I woke up next morning
- Injection site started having pain post 24 hours and remained for a day.
- Had intermittent headaches till 48 hours of vaccination.

After this, not encountered anything else in terms of side effects. Feels good to be fully vaccinated.

Meanwhile, last week my wife also had her first dose of Covaxin and didn't got any side effect except mild pain at vaccination site. Many of my relatives who got covaxin haven't reported any significant side effects. So definitely covishield has more intensive side effects in terms of fever and headache than covaxin.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 13:26   #1219
BHPian

I was not sure if this post be raised here. But the COVID vaccine thread was closed so i am pitching it here.

So my entire family got the 2nd Dose of COVISHIELD on 2nd Sep 2021. The side effects were not as bad as the first dose so we went about our business as usual. On 9th Sep my sister started presenting symptoms like cough and fever and general fatigue. We smelled something suspicious and immediately she was quarantined in her room. On 10th Sep got tested and found positive. Mom had cough and self, Mom and Dad experienced some fatigue over this week which prompted both Mom and Dad to test themselves and both turned to be negative in RT PCR. One week since, sister still has cough, but fever and fatigue are gone. Mom still has certain cough and fatigue. Dad and Me are normal. All their oxygen levels are in 98-99 range. Me because of my Asthmatic nature have oxygen between 92 on the first few days of the week and 97 these days.

I am thoroughly confused. Were the symptoms presented by us three only sympathetic symptoms? Then what explains the cough and fatigue in Mom? Also for the nature of symptoms. I was fairly certain, that having completed double dose of vaccination, the symptoms might be milder. But why have they been this apparent and that too in one week after vaccination. I have been trying to wrack my brain. Can experts comment.

I have gone for an RT PCR today for the reason that i need to go to office and they might need a proof of me being negative.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 20th September 2021 at 13:29.
Old 20th September 2021, 16:19   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Folk, especially medical folk, what's the thing with blood pressure and vaccination now?

Wife has had first shot, quite some time ago now, but she has high BP. As it has never been a problem for me, I don't understand BP numbers, but her top number is regularly over 200. She says they won't give her the jab.

Without being actually anti-vaxx, she isn't very keen anyway. But I don't think what she is saying is just an excuse. Comments/advice?
Old 21st September 2021, 12:29   #1221
BHPian

My MIL was turned back for her second dose after they checked BP and found it to be high. She tried for few days and then got vaccinated at a different center where they didn't check BP.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 15:13   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Folk, especially medical folk, what's the thing with blood pressure and vaccination now?

Wife has had first shot, quite some time ago now, but she has high BP. As it has never been a problem for me, I don't understand BP numbers, but her top number is regularly over 200. She says they won't give her the jab.

Without being actually anti-vaxx, she isn't very keen anyway. But I don't think what she is saying is just an excuse. Comments/advice?
If your wife's BP is consistently above 200, she is surely a hypertensive. Upper limit for the systolic blood pressure (the top number) is 120-130 mm of Hg. I assume that she's currently not on any medications, so it would be better if she consults her physician and get things sorted as soon as possible. As far as hypertensive persons and covid vaccination are concerned, I remember reading somewhere about uncontrolled hypertensives developing worse side effects than controlled hypertensives. That could be why they didn't give her a jab. Either way your wife's BP definitely warrants medical attention. Hope you'll do the needful.
GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 15:32   #1223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
... Either way your wife's BP definitely warrants medical attention. Hope you'll do the needful.
Thanks. Yes, she is under treatment, both allopathic and other. She does take medication, but no, it does not bring the bp to normal levels. This is not something I am able to lay down rules --- and I am no expert anyway.
Old 24th September 2021, 15:38   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, she is under treatment, both allopathic and other. She does take medication, but no, it does not bring the bp to normal levels. This is not something I am able to lay down rules --- and I am no expert anyway.
You're welcome. If wife's BP is not getting controlled in spite of good drug compliance, she might need further evaluation as to why it's not coming down. I dont want to make you anxious, but BP consistently above 200 is a danger in itself.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:10   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Got my mother her first vaccination last week. I was not in the country and hence had told her not get vaccinated until I return. Booked appointment last week at Apollo hospital, Jayanagar. They have booked a marriage hall that is across the street for vaccination process. It was neatly arranged with separate queue for covaxin and covidshield.

Appointment was verified at the first counter and then asked to proceed to second counter where the payment was taken. Final counter was the vaccination after which there was socially distanced seating arrangement done for waiting. Waited for 10 mins and moved out (there was no one to check regarding people waiting or the amount of time they are waiting). We were out the center in 20 mins.

There was around 15-20 people who took covidshield and no one for covaxin.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 00:30   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
I was not sure if this post be raised here. But the COVID vaccine thread was closed so i am pitching it here.

So my entire family got the 2nd Dose of COVISHIELD on 2nd Sep 2021. The side effects were not as bad as the first dose so we went about our business as usual. On 9th Sep my sister started presenting symptoms like cough and fever and general fatigue. We smelled something suspicious and immediately she was quarantined in her room. On 10th Sep got tested and found positive. Mom had cough and self, Mom and Dad experienced some fatigue over this week which prompted both Mom and Dad to test themselves and both turned to be negative in RT PCR. One week since, sister still has cough, but fever and fatigue are gone. Mom still has certain cough and fatigue. Dad and Me are normal. All their oxygen levels are in 98-99 range. Me because of my Asthmatic nature have oxygen between 92 on the first few days of the week and 97 these days.

I am thoroughly confused. Were the symptoms presented by us three only sympathetic symptoms? Then what explains the cough and fatigue in Mom? Also for the nature of symptoms. I was fairly certain, that having completed double dose of vaccination, the symptoms might be milder. But why have they been this apparent and that too in one week after vaccination. I have been trying to wrack my brain. Can experts comment.

I have gone for an RT PCR today for the reason that i need to go to office and they might need a proof of me being negative.
Not an expert, however have experienced same with my family. I have noticed this happening in my family, sharing my experience and what I think has happened.

NOTE : If you need timelines and full story do let me know, for now will share imp. bits. Only I have gone for covaxin (a decision I had made initially), rest all in family covishield.
  • We as a family are still maintaining precautions like COVID19 has hit last month, we never went away from our lockdown (not even in unlock 2.0, that happened last year before we all got hit by second wave)
  • Dad got first dose start of the year, and then we waited for registeration. As a family we took a decision to get vaccinated in batches. eg. Dad Got first and by time he will be eligible for 2nd dose Mom will get first dose.
  • Mom got her 1st dose as planned in May/June it's all hazy and I will share why.
  • Immediately next day she started feeling feverish, 2 days pass by and Dad started feeling the symptoms.
  • Now comes the trickiest 2 month of our lives, she had all the symptoms of Covid19, and initial days we just thought it's vaccine side affect, what else it can be right? we do not expose ourselves and the only time we have gone out is for vaccine shot. Dad never had anything like this (apart from slight fever lastting 2 hours ) after st dose.
  • 3-4th day Dad started feeling symptoms and by 4th day we deciced to isolate everyone in separate rooms.
  • People were still going through end of second wave and so luckily we could get the medicines and nebulizer and other gadgets(oxymeter etc) although still at a very high premium.
  • This was the time when Delhi govt had ordered for no more RTPCR test and labs were not taking anymore samples / reports were coming in 48 hours.
  • For next 2 weeks we had quarantined our selves in separate rooms, following online consulations and doctors orders.
  • RTPCR results were -ve
  • Dad got major hit and kidney and lungs got affected badly.
  • If you need his result numbers I can share those date wise. I am typing and sharing so you can align your priorities and take care of your family, please DO NOT take this lightly.
  • My intention is not to scare however to take a very cautious approach, your comments/question triggered me to share this.
  • We could not find labs to get tests in, I had to wear PPE kit and mask 24x7 in my own house as I was too scared I will get it from them, it all seems so strange the only way we got it was coz we got a vaccine done.
My observations:
  • Females are susceptible to this, My mom got the vaccine and she acted/mirrored like an infected host, the viral load near her vicinity aggravated Dad infection rate.
  • Dad got hit bad, mom recovered in 15+ days (recovered here means getting up and walking). Dad is still recoveing, we have to get weekly tests as his kidney took major damage with medicinal treatment.
  • Mom got hit with cough and mucus symptoms along with mild fever that persisted.
  • Dad had high fever reaching 102, this has lasted 1 month.
  • We got prescribed of steroids only 1 dose - 1 time was given (this timeline is pre black fungues reports in cities) I believe it was called rexona something.
  • Doctor himself said he will not continue steroid post 1 dose.
  • We consulted doc, every other day, it used to morning take blood report, by evening get verbal report as printed will come in 48 hours. get doc on phone shift medicine for the day -> Repeat.
  • Results were -ve but we took precautions assuming results are wrong and they are +ve, please take care of yourself for next 15 days. Prepare accordingly.
  • As a precaution for mom's 2nd dose she was quarantine for 2 days after getting it, and we wore normal masks throughout these 2 days.
Most Important : If you need someone to talk to or discuss please feel free to reach out,I can share more info. if it helps/or is needed.
DO NOT trust RT-PCR blindly, there is another test to look for CRP Test get those done incase fever or symptoms persist, they show infection rate which is a probablistic method of determining infection in the body, it has half life of 24 hours, and it will peak once so DO NOT PANIC.

I am sure what I am typing is an overkill and may cause anxiety (not my intention) just want a fellow member to be safe and take informed decisions. Delay office and keep a close watch on your and family health for some days.
Ps_o is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 07:57   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but her top number is regularly over 200.
What is the lower number? If the the top (systolic) number is 200, usually the lower (diastolic) number will be above 100. If so, it is termed a hypertensive crisis and the Bp should be brought down. Please seek medical attention immediately.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:13   #1228
Senior - BHPian

I took the vaccine (Covishield) 2 weeks ago. No symptoms except for slight pain in the arm. Did it on a Sunday afternoon. Very smooth process. Cowin app does not work. Says the app needs to be updated but after downloading the update, the app does not get updated. So I just registered on the website. I was stuck on board the ship that's why I took the 1st dose so late. Everyone else at the centre was taking their 2nd dose.
Old 25th September 2021, 12:31   #1229
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

In the Final Vaccination Certificate, there's a QR code given. Upon scanning this code (via camera & specific QR code app), nothing happens - no URL information appears that will take me to desired location.
I think QR code helps in verifying whether an individual is vaccinated or not (faking it).

Can anyone check & see if problem is occurring from your side too.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 25th September 2021 at 12:32. Reason: Added info about how I scanned QR
Old 26th September 2021, 06:56   #1230
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Took my 2nd vaccine shot yesterday morning. Compared to the first time, there are almost no symptoms. Just felt a little drowsy, so took a 2-hour nap in the afternoon. But other than that, I am almost normal. Even the pain on the arm which was prominent the first time around is not there. Just a slight (very slight) soreness in the injection area.

I went to the center at Kemps Corner. We were the only two there. Empty, smooth, fast.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks