Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:26   #1126
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I have a US trip coming up later in the year. If the USA go for a blanket ban on people vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Covishield), would it be safe to get a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if and when it gets introduced in India?
I recently came into US and NO one at POE asked for anything related to vaccinations/PCR report. But, while boarding in India, they asked for my RT-PCR report and also made me sign a declaration. Hope, this helps!
JMaruru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 11:36   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Took my first shot of Sputnik V yesterday. Booked the slot for myself and wife through www.cowin.gov.in website on last Saturday. All well and good till now. Second dose window opens after 21 days. 🤞

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-sputnik-v.jpg

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:33   #1128
BHPian

FYI to the folks who were/are using the Under45.in bots on telegram for alerts of slots.
The bot and under45.in website have been acquired by HealthifyMe.

Apparently the person who made the bot also joined them.

Wonderful business idea by Healthify folks - with one swoop, they acquired 80k customers
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:39   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Since vaccine availability seems to be better now, has anyone tried getting their second Covishield shot before the window specified in Cowin?

It's become obvious now that the government increased the gap between shots because of logistics and shortages at that time. They've already said that students travelling abroad can get the shot earlier. So what about other people, assuming enough shots are available of course, and that certainly seems to be the case these days.

Has anyone tried?
Old 6th July 2021, 15:58   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Took my first shot of Sputnik V yesterday. Booked the slot for myself and wife through www.cowin.gov.in website on last Saturday. All well and good till now. Second dose window opens after 21 days. 🤞

Attachment 2175523

Cheers!
Damn! You're pretty lucky in a way I'd say to get Sputnik this early. We in Mumbai are waiting for Sputnik since a while now, although I don't have much hopes that it'll happen anytime soon.
Luckily I have another month or so to go before I can take my first shot so hoping for them to launch it here by then.
How was the availability of the slots when you booked? And how much in advance did you book compared to the time (slot) allotted to you?
Old 6th July 2021, 16:25   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
How was the availability of the slots when you booked? And how much in advance did you book compared to the time (slot) allotted to you?
I started searching for Sputnik around mid of June. It was initially available through Apollo Hospitals only, but there was not a single slot available then. On 1st of July while I was searching for Covishield second dose slot for my Dad, 2 hospitals in South Delhi and another 2 hospitals in South East Delhi was showing Sputnik availability but slots were completely booked. Then I started searching now and then randomly and ended with booking 2 slots on Saturday for Monday evening. Yes, as you said I was bit lucky to get Sputnik as well as a vaccine center just 2 kms away from my house. You please contact nearest Apollo Hospital for a breakthrough.

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 18:45   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Post Sputnik, do you have fever and arm pain - the same as Covishield/Covaxin? Or is it any different
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Took my first shot of Sputnik V yesterday. Booked the slot for myself and wife through www.cowin.gov.in website on last Saturday. All well and good till now. Second dose window opens after 21 days.
Old 6th July 2021, 19:37   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Since vaccine availability seems to be better now, has anyone tried getting their second Covishield shot before the window specified in Cowin?

It's become obvious now that the government increased the gap between shots because of logistics and shortages at that time. They've already said that students travelling abroad can get the shot earlier. So what about other people, assuming enough shots are available of course, and that certainly seems to be the case these days.

Has anyone tried?
Co-win will not let you book your second slot before the assigned date. I tried two days back, it showed an error, even though there were plenty available slots for the second dose.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:32   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Post Sputnik, do you have fever and arm pain - the same as Covishield/Covaxin? Or is it any different
Arm pain is prominent but fever is very mild and that too now I am feeling (more than 24 hours post vaccination).
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 15:07   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Vaccination status, July 2021.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-fb_img_1625737058596.jpg

Source: Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Government of India.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:04   #1136
BHPian

Got my 2nd jab on Saturday. Unlike 1st dose, no fever at all. Back then it was very slight. Hardly 100°F.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-just-vaccinated.png

1st Dose: Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital @250/-
2nd Dose: Chellaram Hospital @780/-
Vaccine: Covishield
City: Pune

Excellent crowd management in both places, as well as swift and efficient process. Highly recommended.

I also downloaded both the certificates in my Digilocker App.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:15   #1137
Team-BHP Support

Got my second dose of Pfizer over the weekend. With Pfizer, you are expected to show greater symptoms following the second dose, which happened as per the script.

I had slight feverish symptoms and body pain, including the pain in the arm where i got the jab. On Day 2, i popped in a Panadol to help, which gave relief soon after. Hoping this one does what it's supposed to do, seeing how we have new variants always trying to make their presence felt.
benbsb29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:43   #1138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Got my second dose of Pfizer over the weekend. With Pfizer, you are expected to show greater symptoms following the second dose, which happened as per the script.
Same for me, got the second shot on last Monday morning, not so bad on that day, but Tuesday morning was quite heavy (literally). No fever but felt a bit like a Zombie through out the day and by night I got better. They asked to avoid any form of strenuous exercises for one full week; though remotely strenuous, followed the instructions and avoided my usual routine of brisk walking and cycling until this morning. In comparison to the second jab, the 1st shot of Pfizer was almost a non-event. My wife got the second shot on last Wednesday and she was pretty all right.

My 13-year-old girl also got her first dose of Pfizer-Comirnaty on July 1st and the second dose is scheduled for July 30th. With that the whole family will be done with the vaccination series.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 10:17   #1139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In comparison to the second jab, the 1st shot of Pfizer was almost a non-event. My wife got the second shot on last Wednesday and she was pretty all right.
Totally agree. The first dose was a non-event, although i felt a slight body pain, but barely. It was a non-event for my wife who got hers at the same time.

Second dose, my symptoms were as above, whereas for my wife it was a slight pain in the arm, and some slight pain in general but not to the levels i felt.
benbsb29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 10:35   #1140
Senior - BHPian

• Vaccine: Covaxin
  • Dose: 2nd Dose
  • Age Group: 18-44
  • Mode: Paid Vaccination

I got my second dose of Covaxin on Saturday. The drive was organized at Kuchalamba Choultry Hall in Jayanagar, Bangalore by Apollo Hospitals. It was very well organized and from the time of entry to jab was just 7 minutes. I waited another 10 minutes as a recommended precaution and left the place.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-kuchalamba_1626065630905.jpg

Booking: I did the booking using the HealthifyMe App and it was seamless (Link)

They had option of both Covishield and Covaxin at the place. Looks like there is abundant stock of both vaccines available now in Bangalore.

Any Side Effects?
I have pain in the arm where I got the jab. Other than that no other side effect so far.

Info on 1st Dose: (Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences)
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks