Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 11:44   #1021
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The new vaccine policy comes into effect from the 21st of June, hence the current prices will continue till then.

If that is the case, it is even more surprising. I had booked a slot at another hospital earlier, where each dose was costing me around Rs 900, while I paid total of Rs 1300 for two people now.

Also, some hospitals in Gurgaon have already reduced prices of Covishield to Rs 780/-, so I'm not sure whether hospitals have reduced price in advance, which would be a first in our country!! Come to think of it , it is like a price buffet. In Gurgaon itself you can get Covishield shot for Rs 650,780,850 and 900.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:25   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Not verified.

BBMP is said to have good stocks of Covaxin for 2nd dose recipients, at Dasappa Hospital, near Town Hall in Bangalore.

If anyone is waiting, you can check this out.

Last edited by condor : 10th June 2021 at 13:28.
Old 10th June 2021, 23:38   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Just received this from a friend of mine. Bengalureans, please check if this is of help.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-07613ccea50c4ba49b9a383c0e52a9e6.jpg
Old 11th June 2021, 12:00   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

"Key corporates’ workplace jabs take a chunk of city vaccination"

https://indianexpress.com/article/in...virus-7353537/

"Why BMC vaccine centres were shut when pvt hospitals had doses in lakhs"

https://indianexpress.com/article/in...doses-7353574/
---------------------------------------------------------------

It's ironic that:

"The data show that information technology (IT) services companies top the list of vaccine doses administered at the workplace,"

When we're best suited to working safe from home! So, in a shortage shouldn't people whose jobs can't be done from home be prioritized?

It was most of us IT guys who virtue signaled about x or y activity being "unethical during pandemic times" ("how can people step out?!" "how can carmakers work?!" "how can xyz do abc?!"), but now we will be silent about the actual ethical issues around vaccine inequity, since we're the biggest beneficiaries!

[Know this is not going to win popularity contests here on the forum where the majority of us are IT guys. Btw, before the flaming starts- I'm an IT employee too and if and when my company organizes a drive, I'll probably go! But we should realize where the vaccines we are getting are being sourced from. Of course, once there is sufficient supply, it really won't matter, hope those days are around the corner!]

Last edited by am1m : 11th June 2021 at 12:04.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 12:13   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Anyone in Gurgaon looking for second dose of covaxin in age group 18-45?

It is available at DAV School, Sec-49, Gurgaon. There is no rush.
Old 11th June 2021, 12:23   #1026
BHPian

A quick question to experts here, how long it takes for post vaccination effects (if any, like nausea or fever) to kick in ? I'm planning to get me and my family vaccinated via vaccination drives arranged by my employer in Pune. I'd have to drive to Pune and get back to my home same day, covering 120 kms one way, about 3hrs of commute. Will it be safe to do so or try and get the vaccine in my town itself ? I understand not everyone will show symptoms post vaccination, but still want to make sure.
Old 11th June 2021, 14:14   #1027
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
A quick question to experts here, how long it takes for post vaccination effects (if any, like nausea or fever) to kick in ?
I got my first jab last Monday (7th June, Covishield). No post vaccination effects yet, not even pain in the arm.

I am now thinking if I was even vaccinated properly. I had taken it from a govt medical college.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 16:09   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
A quick question to experts here, how long it takes for post vaccination effects (if any, like nausea or fever) to kick in ? I'm planning to get me and my family vaccinated via vaccination drives arranged by my employer in Pune. I'd have to drive to Pune and get back to my home same day, covering 120 kms one way, about 3hrs of commute. Will it be safe to do so or try and get the vaccine in my town itself ? I understand not everyone will show symptoms post vaccination, but still want to make sure.
If you are travelling back immediately after vaccination, then you should be fine. In general, it takes few hours (>5 hrs) to have any effects like fever, nausea. In our case, we took vaccine at around 5pm. We were absolutely fine up until we went to bed that night at around 11pm except very minor pain in the arm. During night, we started feeling bit feverish. My wife had fever only in the morning with some nausea.
daredevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 16:56   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
"Key corporates’ workplace jabs take a chunk of city vaccination"
We are talking about the 25% vaccination allocation to private parties which are privileged enough to get the jab on payment which is seen as an income generation and also as an breather to the Govt's giving it at FOC. Consider this as an CSR from the Corporates.

We should be worried if the corporates are hijacking those 75% allotment to the states.
saisree is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 18:47   #1030
BHPian

Booked a slot through Cowin and went for my first jab at Manipal Hospital near Vijayawada. All the precautions that I had taken for over an year felt like a joke. I had to stand in 5 different queues and it took nearly 2hrs!
1st queue to get a consent form, then another one to validate my Aadhar, then another to pay the bill, another to register with Manipal hospital. The last one was the longest queue. It is for the vaccine. First they ran out of the vials and it took 30min to get a new batch. Next they ran out of needles It took another 20mins for it.
papr23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 07:39   #1031
M35
BHPian

Since last night, two of the beneficiaries registered using the same mobile number have been just disappeared on Cowin portal. I can see only my mother in there who is yet to get her first shot. No information about my father and myself. My father fully vaccinated and myself waiting for the second. Anybody experienced the same?
Old 12th June 2021, 07:47   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Since last night, two of the beneficiaries registered using the same mobile number have been just disappeared on Cowin portal.
I just checked my CoWin and have all the beneficiaries intact. Try adding your dad’s Aadhar number again and you may get the old beneficiary ID along with the Certificate. If this works try adding yourself.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 09:52   #1033
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I just checked my CoWin and have all the beneficiaries intact. Try adding your dad’s Aadhar number again and you may get the old beneficiary ID along with the Certificate. If this works try adding yourself.
Thanks, but it wasn't just me. There have been multiple posts on Twitter on the same. However, the details are all back on the portal now. All three of us and details are visible!!
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 13:05   #1034
BHPian

I am having a strange problem with Cowin registration for my wife. It says that the Aadhar number is already registered with some name with mobile number ending "XXXX". I have checked the Aadhar card number multiple times, but its the same message. Have anybody faced this issue? Anyway, I eventually registered through passport number.
Old 12th June 2021, 13:29   #1035
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I am having a strange problem with Cowin registration for my wife. It says that the Aadhar number is already registered with some name with mobile number ending "XXXX". I have checked the Aadhar card number multiple times, but its the same message. Have anybody faced this issue? Anyway, I eventually registered through passport number.
Yes, I had the same highlighted (in RED) for my Dad as well. It said the same name (that of my dad) has been registered using another mobile number using the same ID of his. Don't know how is that possible unless someone else has access to our data or some internal bug!!

I had taken an appointment for the second dose for him. Post the shot yesterday, the 'warning' seemed to have gone away!

Last edited by M35 : 12th June 2021 at 13:30.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks