Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2021, 16:04   #871
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Police checks can be a problem. I took my wife for vaccination today - she's in the under 45 age group. We were stopped by cops and showed our appointment as proof for travel. What do you show for a walk-in? The cops may not be convinced.
Oh ya that's a tough one. I would suggest going there by 9am and showing the proof of vaccination while returning (either certificate or cowin portal or simply an image since in this case that we're discussing, its for the elders).

You might be in trouble if stocks run out while waiting but if you're there early, shouldn't be a problem. That's when calling before going or having an acquaintance inform you from their experience might help.

Hospitals are preferring walk in for all those who have 2nd doses pending and during lockdown, all you can do is visit the center early by 9am and check with the staff on availability and take action based on that. Relying on Cowin portal for 2nd doses might not help.
Old 26th May 2021, 17:36   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
How is the crowd management at Bowring? Or any Govt hospital like in KRPuram? I am tempted to try a walk-in but don't want to spend hours milling in over-crowded places only to catch covid.
It depends on which Block of Bowring you are looking at.

After refering to Shashank's thread at

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5060376 (Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences)

Made a major effort to get vaccinated at Bowring. Experience was a bit mixed.

Believe Shashank had his vaccination in Block A1, which is a new building, as per the photos and my physical visit to the facility.

There does exists another block C1, which is kind of old regular govt hospitals.

Even though my booking was for Block A1, due to the early closing time of the centre, mind you mine was the late afternoon booking, had to move to Block C1 for vaccination, where in I was easily accomodated (Network integration and all computers connected together).

In Block C1, there was decorum maintained with cushioned chairs etc. Batch of 5 members were let in for registration verification after which a quick shot and you are out in the waiting hall. (Sorry, no photographs)

Nearer to closing time, say around 30 minutes left, did notice that walk-in was allowed to anyone who were not vaccinated. Walk in did get help to register before being vaccinated. Probably, the authorities did not want to waste the vaccines which were taken out from the low temperature storage units.

Surprisingly, no side effects from C-Shield. Irration for sometime at the location of injection. Next day morning, I did complete my cycle ride,10 km, without any issues.

It would be your call on the Walkin at Bowring. Experience listed above is 10 days old. Do not have any latest news about it.
Old 26th May 2021, 18:15   #873
BHPian

Hi.
Today I went to a government Vaccination centre to try my luck as a walk-in because the Vaccination officer is a friend.
He showed me the webpage of CoWIN for Vaccination officers.
Right now only the 2nd dose option is open.
And by default it shows booked for the entire day's session.
They had 30 vials for the day and all are for 2nd dose walk-in.
The system has no provision nor it permits entry for first dose Vaccination.
It's similar in case of a private Vaccination centre.
Stay safe.

Last edited by matchvan : 26th May 2021 at 18:27.
matchvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 20:11   #874
Senior - BHPian

I received this as a whatapp forward in one of the groups.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-whatsapp-image-20210526-06.07.52.jpeg

P.S : Just noticed it is only for century club members. May not help everyone.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 07:14   #875
BHPian

Got my first dose of Covishield yesterday. Kerala govt had recently classified seafarers as frontline workers so i could apply as 18-45 vaccination is open only for frontline workers. Applied at the Kerala govt website https://covid19.kerala.gov.in/vaccine/ . My application was rejected the first time. Applied again and got approved within an hour on 24th. Got my appointment schedule message on 25th. Went and got the shot at a nearby CHC on 26th i.e., yesterday noon. Today morning i woke up at 4 am with moderate shivering and chills. It was a bit cold outside due to the rains. Checked the temp at 6 am and it was 37.4C. I'm feeling a bit feverish but otherwise okay.
Old 27th May 2021, 11:29   #876
Senior - BHPian

I am currently in UK and they opened up vaccination for < 40 years this week. So booked a slot for Sunday and went to the center. In UK they administer Pfizer for under 40 years due to high risk of clotting in AstraZeneca (covidshield in India).

At the center we were let in batches of time slots and once inside it was 4 stages. First registration details verified and checked in. Second was asked for allergies and explanation of which vaccine and its side effects. At the third stage vaccination was administered and then finally was asked to wait for 15 mins before leaving (have to get it confirmed with another person). At all stages, we were asked to maintain 2 mts separation. Was in and out in 30 mins.

No side effects for me except the pain on my shoulder which persisted for couple of days.
Old 27th May 2021, 14:13   #877

Got vaccinated on 22nd May as a front line worker in Himachal. All my family members have now been administered first dose of Covishield. No side effects seen so far and the experience was pleasant overall.
Old 27th May 2021, 15:11   #878
Senior - BHPian

So my parents first dose was taken around April 1st week and the initial 2nd dose date was from May 2nd week to July 1st week. But now when I download the certificate its changed to July 1st week to August 1st week.

So should we follow this new date now? As in I know quite a few 45+ folks who already got the 2nd jab within 4-5 weeks. Kinda confused, can someone please throw some light? Actually we had a camp in our society and they said the 2nd dose would be given only on mentioned date in the certificate

This is for covidsheild. Even I got my 1st jab today and 2nd dose date shows august mid. So is 12 weeks difference fine between the two doses?

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th May 2021 at 15:40.
Old 27th May 2021, 15:15   #879
Team-BHP Support

I am now worried how will I get my second dose of Covaxin, given the shortages in the 18-44 category. My window for the second dose is : Due date 03 Jun 2021, Last date 17 Jun 2021
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 20:28   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am now worried how will I get my second dose of Covaxin, given the shortages in the 18-44 category. My window for the second dose is : Due date 03 Jun 2021, Last date 17 Jun 2021
Usually, they prioritize the claimants for second dose over first dose for 'Covaxin'. Keep checking the PHC's run by state governments for the same.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 20:50   #881
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guess, we both are in same boat & got vaccinated on same day. I have a added complexity though.

The hospital where i took my first jab is yet to update the same on co-win portal due to some login issue but i do have the manual certificate from the hospital mentioning all the details like batch number etc.

Not sure how this will be handled for second jab. hospital said, the second dose will be administered and there will be no issues. Any one have such experience in past and how this was handled.

Good thing is that my employer is arranging the required vaccine for us so i am hopeful of getting the second jab on time.
Old 28th May 2021, 13:01   #882
Senior - BHPian

Got my first dose of Covishield today from Shayadri Hospital, Karve road in Pune. Was waiting for my organization to start the vaccination drive, but with stocks running low this was getting delayed.

Joined the telegram group yesterday afternoon and then kept trying and I guess I got lucky with a confirmed slot by evening. I used the Arogya Setu app to book so the CAPTCHA requirement was not there helping save those crucial seconds

Was in and out in 1.5 hours this morning. Overall a smooth experience, barring of course the lottery like slot booking.
Old 28th May 2021, 16:45   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
One of my neighbor (18-45 group) got registered in the CoWIN website and was trying for an appointment. Meanwhile he got himself vaccinated at a local PHC with out an appointment in CoWIN citing, that, he may be exposed to the virus due to his frequent visits to hospital with his dad. He gave his aadhar number for registration. Since the vaccine center is not officially opened for 18+ age groups, they were not able to register them in the website. His status in the CoWIN says not vaccinated, but, he had his first dose three weeks back. Any idea how to get this updated?

Calls to 1075 is a nightmare and the contact no in the CoWIN site is not reachable.
Quoting self. Walk In vaccination for age group 18-45 opened in the nearby PHC and my neighbor went with his Aadhar card and stood in the line as if, he is in for vaccination. Gave his Aadhar no and got the SMS. Walked out without a vaccination. Now he has a valid 1st dose certificate. Only the date is delayed by 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
The hospital where i took my first jab is yet to update the same on co-win portal due to some login issue but i do have the manual certificate from the hospital mentioning all the details like batch number etc.
See if above helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

So should we follow this new date now?
This is for covidsheild. Even I got my 1st jab today and 2nd dose date shows august mid. So is 12 weeks difference fine between the two doses?
This notice was pasted in the nearby PHC for general information.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-e5800018fd5942539ad47ac5b5e0d96d.jpeg  

Last edited by saisree : 28th May 2021 at 16:54.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 19:25   #884

Question for the Doctors here - My dad (72) got his first dose on 8th March and was detected positive on 16th March. After spending 5 days in hospital (thankfully was on observation and room oxygen only as it as mild Covid) and subsequent home quarantine towards end March/early April he started getting better (not 100% still has some fatigue). Now I wish to fly with parents to my city of residence when the lockdown opens at Chennai. He has undergone CABG 20 yrs back and is on daily blood thinner.

- As per Cowin, he is allowed to take second does post 31 May. Should I get second dose vaccination complete for peace of mind prior as there will be some exposure during travel
- Give his medical background any tests to be done prior to getting second dose of Covishield for additional safety prior to vaccination
- Or is it recommended to check for antibodies and if sufficient level postpone vaccination to when I reach the other city

Thanks in advance for guidance.
Old 28th May 2021, 20:15   #885
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand253 View Post
Question for the Doctors here - My dad (72) got his first dose on 8th March and was detected positive on 16th March. After spending 5 days in hospital (thankfully was on observation and room oxygen only as it as mild Covid) and subsequent home quarantine towards end March/early April he started getting better (not 100% still has some fatigue). Now I wish to fly with parents to my city of residence when the lockdown opens at Chennai. He has undergone CABG 20 yrs back and is on daily blood thinner.

- As per Cowin, he is allowed to take second does post 31 May. Should I get second dose vaccination complete for peace of mind prior as there will be some exposure during travel
- Give his medical background any tests to be done prior to getting second dose of Covishield for additional safety prior to vaccination
- Or is it recommended to check for antibodies and if sufficient level postpone vaccination to when I reach the other city

Thanks in advance for guidance.
As I understood it existing COVID antibodies will neutralise the vaccination itself so it will be rendered useless and result in those 0.3% breakthrough infection cases. It may be better to follow the advice to keep a 6 month gap and test for antibodies before 2nd dose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks