Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:28   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guess all the stupid people will die. Survival of the fittest and all that.
About the urban antivaxxers, I agree. For the isolated/tribal villages who are refusing to let the vaccine cross their borders, perhaps we should not call them stupid, but uniformed and uneducated. Perhaps, as long as they remain isolated, they are possibly safer than we are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
This is just selection bias speaking . Those who are desperate for vaccines make more noise; those who don't are just not bothered.
There is a middle ground of the silent, those who can't be bothered, or are convinced by the detractors. The vaccine opposers make a lot of noise.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 18:47   #962
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
But everyone I know personally, who were hesitant to take the vaccine earlier this year have all changed their mind as soon as the headlines about deaths and bed shortages became a daily thing. All the over-45s who were hesitant went and got vaccinated, all the hesitant under-45s are now spending all day on cowin or those telegram groups, waiting for a slot and ready to drive around Bangalore or outside to get a shot. So not sure if there is really much hesitancy anymore. But yeah, that is not a scientific sample size to draw any conclusions. The vaccine shortage is undeniable though. Really hope that gets fixed soon.
A couple of my relatives ( above 60 years ) were frantically trying to get vaccinated in early May. Now they are not bothered when vaccines for 45+ are more readily available. Our domestic help who initially had given her name for vaccination drive, backed out siting actor Vivek's death ( she is from TN ). She tells in her native village, people have decided not to take the vaccinations.

Its due to these, I feel the drive to get vaccinated has started reducing with lower counts of +ve cases.
m8002? is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 22:00   #963
Senior - BHPian

So I had my first shot of vaccine yesterday, please find below experience for the same -
  • Although I was able to book slots through Co-win for Max hospitals in Delhi (both covishield/cowaxin), I cancelled considering rush at center and reduce the chance of exposure
  • My org organized a camp in their campus that has tie up with a private hospital for vaccine supply
  • Co-win registration was required along with adhaar card
  • Environment was controlled, very few people were called in a single slot
  • I got my dose of covishield yesterday at 10 am in office and got my certificate updated on portal by afternoon. Next dose due from 28th Aug onwards.
  • Talking about side-effects - There was no effect for first 4-5 hours but gradually developed slight weakness and around 12 hours post vaccination I developed mild fever at 10 pm.
  • Took crocin 650 mg and slept throughout the night. It was quite deep sleep considering my daily sleeping pattern. Fatigue was there in morning also along with feverish feeling so took a day off from work.
  • Took another crocin around noon and slept through most part of the day. Felt better by 5 pm and now at the time of writing this text, I am back to normal including energy levels.
  • So side effect was definitely there but is manageable. Felt good to have my first dose, now looking forward for second dose.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 23:43   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

I and my wife took our first doses of Covishield today via my employer. Man - I haven't felt so down and out in ages! It's taken a solid 12 hours for me to recover from a deep fatigue and drowsiness. I haven't ever experienced something like this before due to a vaccine or otherwise.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:57   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's my experience at a private center and at a free camp near home.

Dose 1 Covaxin 18-44
Apollo Clinic

Getting the appointment was a stroke of fate, karma, luck, call it what you will. I will not go into specifics, but a dear friend looked it up at 13.00 and I was booked instantaneously. My appointment was at 14.00 lol. I rushed out to the clinic.

At the clinic, it was stark empty. Thank god. I was whisked into the vaccination room in less than 5 minutes. And boom, done before i could even scream owww!

I tried running out after but they caught me and sent me into this observation room

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-pxl_20210601_101821753.mp.jpg

Then they posted the nurse who shot me right outside to keep an eye on ONLY me lol. Brought back fond memories of school. NOT!

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-pxl_20210601_101620276.mp.jpg

Then my BP was checked and i was told by the nice lady that indeed i am a heartless person. Oh well.

Then it was a home run. Was quite happy with the whole experience.

Dose 2 45+ Covaxin
Free Camp at CV Raman Nagar GH

This was for mum. We went over, and arrived at this registration spot.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-pxl_20210602_061544284.mp.jpg

After a bit of wondering and wandering around there, we were told we need a token. Okay.

So we went over here to ask for it. This also happened to be the place where they were giving the shots. Felt very counter intuitive.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-pxl_20210602_070008008.mp.jpg

We were told to promptly go back to where we came from to get the token. What the hell? Then the nice lady "found" the guy who was running around with the tokens in his hand and got one for us. My god, why isn't this guy sitting at a desk at the start of the camp?! Lol!

So we go back and sit here for the better part of an hour waiting for our turn.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-pxl_20210602_061552667.mp.jpg

Finally the number gets called and we get the shot and back home we are.

I understand that it could get chaotic at the free camps, but i think a little process could go a long way to help streamline things. Almost everyone crowded around the registration desk and were then told to go find the dude with the token. 24/7 hide and seek game

Hope everyone gets their vaccines in and lets put this all behind us, shall we?
Red Liner is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 09:51   #966
BHPian

Can someone post their experience of taking a vaccine from rainbow hospitals, Bannerghatta, Bangalore? They had opened a whopping 1500 slots yesterday for 6th June and am pretty anxious on how the crowd would be managed.
My slot is for 9am so planning to be there by 8:30 in case tokens are handed out.
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:49   #967
BHPian

Question for those who managed to get a slot booking on Arogya Setu app: I know Arogya Setu does not need the Captcha thingy, but does it send OTP, or is that also done away with?

Cowin website needs captcha and otp, so using Arogya Setu might save a few precious moments and make the difference between getting the slot and losing it to a python script.

Cheers
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:05   #968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Not just Whatsapp University alone.

Link

When we have 'influential' people discrediting vaccines, can we really blame people for vaccine hesitancy?
I followed the link and this is what he says
Quote:
For decades, I have been practising yoga and Ayurveda, so I didn’t feel the need to get vaccinated.
While this level of confidence may stem from his personal regime where he has the time and inclination to practice yoga, and consult vaidyas at length, the public at large does not and will not be able to maintain either social distancing nor find time for yoga or have access to Ayurvedic treatment the way he does. But on the whole it looks more like a flippant comment and personal boast than actually discrediting vax the way top political leaders have done.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th June 2021 at 06:35. Reason: Scam/unverified information removed.
Ragul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:34   #969
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
A cousin of mine, even forwarded a message to the family group, by some scientist claiming all those who vaccinate will die in 2 years!! So we need to wait till 2023 to test that one out.

I felt people were really anxious to get it at the peak, but with cases reducing, many are now taking it lightly. Maybe that explains the availability of more vaccines.
Lockdowns cause cases to reduce and thats when such forwards start. There's also the Ivermectin / HCQ crowd which piles on when cases reduce saying all vaccines are scam, we just need our magic pills.

People don't realise that forced lockdowns caused this virus to stop spreading, yes thats a crude approach but sadly post March end rallies and gatherings we had no other option. Considering only ~3% of the population is 2 dose vaccinated, we are sitting on a time bomb if these Whatsapp forwards are not countered by legit govt messaging.

I remember seeing Amitabh Bachhan ads about 'Polio teeka lagao, zindagi bachao', why isn't there a similar high profile ad campaign pushing Covid vaccines. All I see is IMA vs Ramdev and the Indian Medical Association is legit doing it's best to stop the misinformation against a highly cunning marketeer Ramdev.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:38   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

After I got an e-mail from my office about them organizing a vaccination drive on campus 'sometime' in mid-June, I was wondering how they were confident about getting enough doses by then, when I can't seem to be able to book a slot using the Cowin app. Obviously they are 'tying up' with a private hospital, but that doesn't explain where the hospital is getting all those doses from. Either way, in case anyone else like me was curious about who can or cannot organize a drive:

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...331957224.html

"As per the COVID vaccination guidelines, four options are available for carrying out the vaccination drive; Govenment COVID Vaccination Centre, Private COVID Vaccination Centre run by private hospitals, Workplace COVID Vaccination Centre at government offices to be run by govermment hospitals and at private companies to be run by private hospitals, Near to Home COVID Vaccination Centre for the elderly and differently abled person to be organised at group housing societies, RWA offices, community centres, Panchayat Bhawans, schools/colleges, old age homes on a temporary basis."

I still don't understand how if a private hospital can source enough doses to supply a corporate vaccination drive why they don't simply open those slots on the cowin app? If anyone can explain that, I would be grateful.

Last edited by am1m : 3rd June 2021 at 13:49.
am1m is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:58   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I still don't understand how if a private hospital can source enough doses to supply a corporate vaccination drive why they don't simply open those slots on the cowin app? If anyone can explain that, I would be grateful.
Probably the $$ profit margins are higher when given via corporate drives. After all, these hospitals too are corporate and they will be obliged to support corporate drives than a public cowin portal.

By the way I am just back from a corporate vaccine drive conducted by Apollo hospital at BGS school grounds, B'lore. To vaccinate by dependant. Oh boy, it was like a job fair with several companies having their stalls, instead jobs, you get jabs.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 3rd June 2021 at 13:59.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:06   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Question for those who managed to get a slot booking on Arogya Setu app: I know Arogya Setu does not need the Captcha thingy, but does it send OTP, or is that also done away with?

Cheers
I got mine via the Arogya Setu app. You need an OTP to login to the Cowin portal on the app. and I understand there is a time limit before the session ends and you need another OTP to re-login (not sure how long this is).

I kept playing with some options to keep the session active and as soon as the telegram updates came in, entered the pin code to try and book. Managed to get a slot in about 2-3 hours of trying in between calls & meetings last week.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 3rd June 2021 at 14:08.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:00   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

A lighter moment with this personal reflection:

Never mind the yoga, diet, etc people, I have nearly seventy years experience of not catching corona virus. That's why I needed the vaccine. Hoping for plenty more experience of not catching it now!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:01   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Would a 45 day gap between being COVID positive and the 1st Vaccination suffice?
Should be fine. I myself took it 60 days post my recovery, but I know of several persons who have taken it within a lesser number of days (30-45 days post recovery). Most doctors that I have spoken to have advised around 4-5 weeks after recovery.
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:04   #975
BHPian

With acute shortage of Covaxin second dose in Delhi for 18-44 category and my time running out soon. Decided to look in other states, spoke to a few people who got their second dose’s from nearby cities like Meerut and Agra. Made up my mind to check out few cities in UP. Meerut, agra, aligarh, etc, all being booked till 6th of june. Finally got a slot in Bareilly( some 285 kms away ) for 6th june. I know it sounds crazy to drive 280+ kms for a vaccine. But there’s no other option for me right now. There is a serious shortage in delhi for 18-44 category, but 45+ people are getting jabbed all day with ease( dont know what kind of planning is this by the govt). After 4 days of being glued to the cowin app, I finally gave up and booked the slot which is a good 6 hour drive. Called the hospital before booking and they confirmed that people have been coming from Delhi since 1st june. Also Im pretty excited to be able to drive on highways after a long time
speedfreak01 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks