Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.74%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 244 42.43%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.13%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 19:20   #1066
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
There is no limitation on where one takes the vaccine. you can take it anywhere.
I am from West Bengal, today I went to Jharkhand (living in state border area) for my wife vaccination after taking appointments in Co-win.

But the health personnel denied saying that for other state they will not provide, even there is a notice pasted from district health officials mentioned the same.
Sukanta73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:49   #1067
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
I am from West Bengal, today I went to Jharkhand (living in state border area) for my wife vaccination after taking appointments in Co-win.

But the health personnel denied saying that for other state they will not provide, even there is a notice pasted from district health officials mentioned the same.
That's strange. I myself took vaccine in 3rd state. My native is in state A, I live in state B and took both my vaccine jabs in state C. My ID proofs are from state A. In fact I used PAN card for registration on portal. There is no address mentioned anywhere. This seems like a specific center issue. you should escalate to concerned DIO or On 1075 with details.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 21:16   #1068
Senior - BHPian

For those at Trivandrum, Kerala.
This private hospital is conducting the drive and making available Covishield without taking any service charges for the dosage. Appreciative effort.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-sp.jpeg
sarathlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 08:39   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing as received, from a relevant and a reliable source who is part of this initiative as a volunteer.
Quote:
PAID COVAXIN and COVISHIELD DRIVE
This weekend
Saturday & Sunday
19 June & 20 June
10:00am to 4:00pm
18 years and above

Bellandur Covid Task Force have organised Covaxin and Covishield drive
In association with Sakra World Hospital At Following Locations

Saturday 19 June
1. Amrita School of Engineering, Kasavanahalli
https://goo.gl/maps/s9nykP8YS1uHbenv9

2. Next to New Horizon Gurukul School, Kaikondrahalli
https://goo.gl/maps/YdWBpVJZVffCLBwW7

Sunday 20 June
1. Trinity Acres and Woods, Sarjapura Road
https://goo.gl/maps/F3db3HiiiRRzVDmr9

2. Next to New Horizon Gurukul School, Kaikondrahalli
https://goo.gl/maps/YdWBpVJZVffCLBwW7

Mandatory you have to register in this google form https://forms.gle/LTH2JGAC2w4mZA8w7 and Join the below temporary Telegram group.
For Covaxin - https://t.me/joinchat/9EZvp7GuYThjYzE1
For Covishield - https://t.me/joinchat/7HHodHjw0xFjMmY1

All further communications, updates on tokens and payment links etc will be communicated only on Telegram group.
  • 1 Registration for 1 person.
  • 1st and 2nd Dose will be administered
  • Covishield 2nd Dose mandatory 84 days have to be completed.
  • Covaxin 2nd Dose mandatory 28 days have to be completed.

Cowin registration is mandatory, no need to schedule appointment. register at https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/

Thanks
Bellandur Covid Task Force & Sakra
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 09:16   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Very sad to hear that, very narrow-minded thinking on the part of the officials. "No one is safe until everyone is safe" is basic vaccine logic and if within the same country itself we start doing things like this, it defies vaccine science itself, forget about everything else. The idea should be to vaccinate as many people as quickly as possible and if people are voluntarily going to centers, they should be encouraged not turned away!

I was able to get my first shot outside my home state a few days ago. All my address proofs are from my home state and in fact I didn't even have the physical copy of my Aadhaar card with me, so used my driver's license. Didn't have any problems and the registration staff were very helpful.

But yeah, that may not be the case always. Even in this state a month ago, a local politician barged in to a vaccination center here and started making noise about how many 'outsiders' were there. Unfortunate that the government doesn't deal with such rowdy elements sternly. This is not the time to allow for xenophobia (actually, no time is ever a good time for that!), we need to vaccinate as many people as we can as soon as we can, wherever they may be located!

Last edited by am1m : 18th June 2021 at 09:22.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 15:07   #1071
BHPian

Thought of sharing my experience with regards to my fathers 2nd dose of Covidshield today. While slots around Bangalore have opened up we were looking for a relatively closer by place (we reside in Bellandur). The only one I could find was Govt School Yamalur after which I found another one Govt. School Gunjur and just yesterday evening I saw that Sakra World Hospital (which is just 5mins from my place) opened up hundreds (I believe a total of 1000) for Covaxin/covishield for 18-44 and 44+. Naturally I selected the hospital as I was apprehensive about the Government Schools.

So we reached Sakra at around 1115 and I was literally shocked by the crowd. The parking was chaos with hundreds of cars (I guess thats what happens when there are 1000 slots) and we decided to skip Sakra as it seemed risky to us. (not sure if any Tbhpians got vaccinated here today, they can tell a better story if it indeed was as crowded as it seemed)
So we headed to Govt. school Gunjur which is around 20 mins from Sakra (hoping that the google images of the school which showed it to be on the main road and fairly open were accurate). To our surprise there wasn't much crowd at the school. there was an open air designated space for COVID testing and inside the main building one classroom was dedicated to vaccination. Though we had booked on COWIN, they were allowing frontline and above 45 years for walk in. For 18-44 they were asking people to wait until atleast 10 people had turned out.
So the process took 5 mins to fill into the system, jab took a minute and we waited for some time and headed back.
Of course, there was no sense of patient comfort as the nurse literally was waiting with the syringe in her hand and jabbed it into my fathers arm quickly, wiped with a cotton ball and said go (not that we were expecting much). No instructions/protocol on waiting or any of that sort. I noticed that the vials had all come in an ice box and definitely the storage conditions would be way above refrigeration temperatures. But I did check the PI for Covishield where it does mention the vial is stable upto 6 hours between 2 to 25C. and considering it was overcast in Bangalore, the ambient temperature would not be more than 25C
But overall, considering the lack of crowd, loads of parking space, immediate jab, fairly well ventilated classroom, seemed like an excellent option
superutp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 14:53   #1072
Senior - BHPian

What happens if one books a paid slot through Cowin site for Covishield second dose, but finds an oppurtunity to get free vaccination at a camp prior to the date? Can the booking be cancelled?

Last edited by Gansan : 19th June 2021 at 15:03.
Old 19th June 2021, 17:19   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can the booking be cancelled?
For some reason Cowin doesn't allow you to cancel appointments, only reschedule. But the people at the registration desk at centers can do that. So when you go there, ask them to cancel it. Same thing happened to me last week, had booked at a private hospital far away but then got a chance to take the first shot much closer to home, so went there and got it done.

(Details already posted: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5082893 (Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences))

Last edited by am1m : 19th June 2021 at 17:21.
Old 19th June 2021, 20:36   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What happens if one books a paid slot through Cowin site for Covishield second dose, but finds an oppurtunity to get free vaccination at a camp prior to the date? Can the booking be cancelled?
Oddly enough, there is no option to cancel on the Cowin site, but it can be done via the Arogya-Setu app. From what I remember, there is a "red-x" next to the calendar icon, which will let you cancel the appointment.
Old 19th June 2021, 21:51   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Oddly enough, there is no option to cancel on the Cowin site, but it can be done via the Arogya-Setu app. From what I remember, there is a "red-x" next to the calendar icon, which will let you cancel the appointment.
In Cowin site also cancellation is possible.

Click on "X" as shown in the image. (circled red)
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-capture.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 17:45   #1076
BHPian

My mother's Covishield 2nd dose (45+) is due next week. Can someone clarify what would be the vaccine charges at a private hospital in Bangalore?
Old 20th June 2021, 17:55   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

My grandpa (87 years) got vaccinated with Covishield - 1st dose. He didn't face any side effects and doing well. Thumbs up to the Kerala Govt for free vaccination at home for the elderly .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 20:06   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
My mother's Covishield 2nd dose (45+) is due next week. Can someone clarify what would be the vaccine charges at a private hospital in Bangalore?
Most of the private hospitals now are charging Rs:780 for Covishield. But when i took my 1st dose in April 2nd, I paid Rs:250.
Old 20th June 2021, 21:12   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
So we headed to Govt.

But overall, considering the lack of crowd, loads of parking space, immediate jab, fairly well ventilated classroom, seemed like an excellent option
If you go through this thread, the experience at Govt Schools and PHC is better than private hospitals in general.

The effort is laudable given the rush and arrangements
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 21:47   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
If you go through this thread, the experience at Govt Schools and PHC is better than private hospitals in general.

The effort is laudable given the rush and arrangements
Agree. Though I did do quick searches in the thread for the Govt schools in BLR before but didn't find anything significant. But in any case it was the right decision at the end.
A further update, there have been no side effects for my father, which is good, but strange considering after the first dose there was fever of 100+ after 12hrs which lasted uptil 36 hrs + fatigue/some arm pain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks