Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 21:55   #1081
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

My 20 year old son got first dose Covishield couple of weeks ago. In Chennai. In a drive organised by Care & Welfare. He had tiredness for couple of days.
One problem with this though. He still hasn’t got his provisional certificate though. The organisers said they will upload the status to Cowin but have not done yet for him. The contact number we had in the flyer isn’t responding. Any one else had similar issues or can help in getting the certificate? Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 03:35   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
A further update, there have been no side effects for my father, which is good, but strange considering after the first dose there was fever of 100+ after 12hrs which lasted uptil 36 hrs + fatigue/some arm pain
Unpredictable. I had bad fever after first shot, but after second shot... nothing.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 08:27   #1083
Senior - BHPian

^^ Serum Institute of India website says side effects are more likely after the first dose than after the second.
Gansan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 14:48   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Most of the private hospitals now are charging Rs:780 for Covishield. But when i took my 1st dose in April 2nd, I paid Rs:250.
Thank you. Took my mother today to Cloudnine, Old Airport Road for her 2nd dose. The charge was Rs780/- for Covishield.
Chose this facility as it was closer and lesser number of slots ( avoiding crowds). As expected it was empty and was able to come out in 15 minutes.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:14   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Serum Institute of India website says side effects are more likely after the first dose than after the second.
Thanks. I didn't know that.
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:17   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, 85 lakh shots in a day, that's really something!

Wonder what the peak number could be considering our widespread vaccine infra? 1 crore shots a day? That would be amazing!

Edit: looks like we've already done that and much more in the past! https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...-efforts-india

"On a single January day in 1997, health workers vaccinated 127 million children against polio in India, a country struggling to control the disease. The following year, another 134 million would be vaccinated in a single day."

Last edited by am1m : 22nd June 2021 at 10:31.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:43   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Wow, 85 lakh shots in a day, that's really something!

"On a single January day in 1997, health workers vaccinated 127 million children against polio in India, a country struggling to control the disease. The following year, another 134 million would be vaccinated in a single day."
85 lakhs shots is awesome and certainly praise worthy.

Administering 134 million polio drops was certainly no mean feat, but we can't compare it to covid vaccines. It had many months of meticulous planning. I come from a very very rural part of Karnataka, I still vividly remember the multiple processions we carried out as school children around the village to spread the awareness and encourage polio vaccination.
nandrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:56   #1088
BHPian

Finally got vaccinated yesterday. It was a smooth experience, both overall and the actual 'jab'.

I was searching for 18+ centers on the cowin portal and found one 10km away but with availability for the next day. It was a centre operated and managed by Dinanath Mangeshkar Hospital here in Pune and the site was Bal Shikshan School, Kothrud.

My time slot was for 11 AM. Arrived there by 10.40, went straight through after showing the sms received from cowin portal. Aadhar verified next then payment of 780/- and then straight to the vaccination room. Received the vaccine then was asked to sit for 10 min in another room. I was out of the school by 11.00 am.

Next dose scheduled for 15th sept.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:18   #1089
BHPian

Got my 2nd jab of Covaxin a couple of weeks ago. I was lucky to get the 1st jab in first few days of Govt opening the vaccination to 18+ and hence could get the second one so soon.

I did get some minor headache and body pain after the first shot but nothing after the second one.

Arrangement at both the centres was spot on and in total it took 1 hour including 30 mins mandatory rest at the centre.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:12   #1090
BHPian

Had second dosage of Covaxin last Friday afternoon at Max Hospital Gurugram. Process was ok, there were quite a few folks out there.

I didn't get any side effects post the first dosage but the second dosage did impact me. 99F fever, body pains, loss of energy, general lethargy for around 2 days. Back to normal on Monday.

A side advantage is that I am now fully vaccinated on paper.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 16:51   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Had second dosage of Covaxin last Friday afternoon at Max Hospital Gurugram. Process was ok, there were quite a few folks out there.

I didn't get any side effects post the first dosage but the second dosage did impact me. 99F fever, body pains, loss of energy, general lethargy for around 2 days. Back to normal on Monday.

A side advantage is that I am now fully vaccinated on paper.
Same here took my second shot of Covaxin 18 days back. I had no side effects after the first shot but post the second shot had headache, 99F temperature and weakness for 4 days.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:13   #1092
BHPian

Looks like Bharat Biotech's trial by fire is coming to a crescendo, 78% efficacy in phase 3 large-scale trials. WHO EUL is not far away.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cova...ndtv_topscroll

Happy to see that 100% homegrown vaccination has found its due, despite many doubts and questions.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:21   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my second shot of Covishield today morning.

Was checking the preferred hospital for slots yesterday evening, but no sessions were shown for today. However when I checked again at night, they had a session for today. Booked, and completed it - smooth process.

Effect looks to have set in earlier than for first shot. At that time I began to feel tiredness at night. Today - after about 3 hours of the shot, been feeling a very mild feverish kind of feeling. Mum's feeling tired, though. For myself, I am hoping milder symptoms than what I felt for the first shot. So far so good.

Last edited by condor : 23rd June 2021 at 16:43.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:45   #1094
Distinguished - BHPian

Was able to book a slot for wife two days in advance! Things seem to be looking up.

Only thing is we have to travel to Apollo main hospital.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:36   #1095
BHPian

I had my 1st dose of Covishield vaccine on 18 June at Max Hospital, East Delhi.

I registered via Aarogya Setu app.
While registering using Aadhaar Card, it showed a message that someone else is registered with the same. Knowing this issue beforehand after reading someone else's experience in this forum, I registered via Pan card.

1) On reaching hospital, I was given a Registration form.
2) They called number-wise at the counter to pay bill.
3) After billing, I went to other building to get vaccinated.
4) Sat there for 30 minutes & then went home.
Even after reaching there early, there was crowd.

I had fever & slight pain on the site of injection for the next 1 and a half days.

Also, downloaded Certificate of 1st dose from the mobile app itself.

Now, 2nd dose is scheduled after 84 days.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks