Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.74%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 244 42.43%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.13%
Voters: 575. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 11:34   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
The article quotes for Delhi, whereas here in Chennai still there are lot of slots opens up for 1st dose Covaxin in the private hospitals and get gobbled up within few minutes.
Yes that article was for Delhi, but there are reports of Covaxin shortages elsewhere too, so might be the case for Chennai also.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/83245401.cms

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le34734089.ece

Anyway, either way hope these issues get resolved soon and we reach a point where we really do have a surplus of slots available all over the country.
Old 7th June 2021, 19:10   #1007
BHPian

Done with my 2nd dose of Covaxin today evening in Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Perungudi, OMR. Took close to 2 hrs, as they follow the token system making the 4 slots provided during the appointment ineffective. I went exactly at my slot time of 4 PM, but there were more than 50 tokens pending before mine. So I had to wait in the waiting hall which is very small with very less social distancing. I had double masks along with face shield and was anxiously waiting for my turn.

Once they called the token, it took just 10 mins to get jabbed and pretty straight-forward from payment to injection, taking the vitals. However, I felt the Global Hospitals, Perumbakkam, where I took my 1st dose, made neat arrangements with ample social distancing and was very comfortable as well.
Old 7th June 2021, 21:08   #1008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am now worried how will I get my second dose of Covaxin, given the shortages in the 18-44 category. My window for the second dose is : Due date 03 Jun 2021, Last date 17 Jun 2021
Finally I won the fastest finger first round last evening and got an appointment at Max Hospital, Panchsheel Park for today. The govt's order of reserving Covaxin only for the second dose helped, I am sure.

I reached half an hour before my slot and was disappointed to see a huge queue. Imagine my happiness when I realized that those were the ones who had Covishield shots scheduled for today. The Covaxin counters were almost empty. I was 2nd in line for the payment (Rs 1250) and vaccination. In and out in less than 10 minutes including the payment (all modes of payment accepted).

The only point of concern was a cramped waiting area and the vaccination room in the basement, but luckily I didn't spend any time there.

I am extremely thankful and humbled at my privilege of being fully vaccinated and in the top 5% of the country's population. I hope we all get our shots soon - including the kids.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th June 2021 at 21:09.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 21:55   #1009
Senior - BHPian

First it was free, then they charged 250. Now it is 1,250. I'd paid 1,350. I heard, in 'Black' it was selling for Rs 5K even. Whats the vaccine price, really?
Quote:
The Covaxin counters were almost empty. I was 2nd in line for the payment (Rs 1250) and vaccination. In and out in less than 10 minutes including the payment (all modes of payment accepted).
Old 7th June 2021, 22:22   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
First it was free, then they charged 250. Now it is 1,250. I'd paid 1,350. I heard, in 'Black' it was selling for Rs 5K even. Whats the vaccine price, really?
The price (Rs 250) you are quoting are for the government. The prices at private hospitals have always been around Rs 900/- for Covishield and Rs. 1250/- for Covaxin, at least in the NCR. Some places where camps were put up outside hospitals, Rs 250 were charged additionally for Covishield. The price of Covaxin is including those charges.

Maybe you got it done early before price standardization happened/was announced.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 00:56   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The prices at private hospitals have always been around Rs 900/- for Covishield ...
It depends how you define "always." At the beginning of the vaccination drive, 60-plus, covishield was offered by private hospitals for flat Rs250. That is what I paid at two separate Chennai hospitals.

I guess you talking about the opening up to youngsters time.
Old 8th June 2021, 01:58   #1012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I don't think it was 250 ever for the 18-44 crowd. Either free at a govt institution or full price at a private hospital. Covaxin at 1250 is the standard here in Delhi. 1100 for the vaccine and 150 for everything else. If it's a drive in facility in a mall, a couple of 100 more
Old 8th June 2021, 02:09   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It depends how you define "always." At the beginning of the vaccination drive, 60-plus, covishield was offered by private hospitals for flat Rs250. That is what I paid at two separate Chennai hospitals.

I guess you talking about the opening up to youngsters time.
The rate has been standard since the drive opened up for 45+ age group. Maybe it was lower earlier with the 60+ age group.
Old 8th June 2021, 02:43   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The prices at private hospitals have always been around Rs 900/- for Covishield and Rs. 1250/- for Covaxin, at least in the NCR.
In Bangalore it was 250/- fixed for 45+ even in private till end of April. Post May 1st, prices have gone up. On April 7th got my parents’ the first shot of Covishield. Fortis organized a camp in our apartment complex, they charged 250/- back then. And in May 3rd week once again Fortis organized another drive in apartment for 18+ where me and my wife paid 1100 per dose of Covishield.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th June 2021 at 13:29. Reason: typos
Old 8th June 2021, 10:37   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
60-plus, covishield was offered by private hospitals for flat Rs250.
Quote:
I don't think it was 250 ever for the 18-44 crowd. Either free at a govt institution or full price at a private hospital.
Quote:
The rate has been standard since the drive opened up for 45+ age group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
In Bangalore it was 250 fixed for 45+ even in private till end of April. Post May 1st, prices have gone up.
This is coz until end 'April', vaccine was supplied free of cost to private and they were allowed to charge ONLY for administering the same. From 'May', the private had to pay for the vaccines and they duly passed on the cost to the customer.

I got my first dose at 'Aster Clinic' for INR 250/- on 20/04 and the same would have cost me around INR 1250/- in May.

Last edited by JMaruru : 8th June 2021 at 10:52.
Old 8th June 2021, 11:50   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
This is coz until end 'April', vaccine was supplied free of cost to private and they were allowed to charge ONLY for administering the same. From 'May', the private had to pay for the vaccines and they duly passed on the cost to the customer.
This is turning out like the fastag fiasco. Early adopters had to pay for the stickers and later it was made free to woo the naysayers.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:08   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

It was given for free until yesterday by our employer for employees and their dependents, from today this free vaccine drive is stopped as central government has decided to change their policy.

Our employer`s drive was well managed, hardly took ten minutes for the process and 15 minutes in observation afterwards.
Old 8th June 2021, 15:37   #1018
Senior - BHPian

I

I was all ears at 5 PM yesterday.

Centre taking over the duties assigned to State governments vis-à-vis procurement and disbursement of vaccines came as a much needed intervention. More than the free part, it was the assumption of moral responsibility by the ruling dispensation that appealed to my heart.

Although it is conjectured that the policy change was actually necessitated because of the comments passed by the Apex court in this regard, a course correction is always better than bombastic stubbornness.

After all, isn't discretion the better part of valor?

II

I must have not celebrated so soon. For, the spin doctors couldn't be held off for long from bowling a googly, can they?

Combining features of the give it up campaign carried out in relation to LPG subsidies and the electoral bonds that came a few years later, GOI has supposedly come up with a novel idea called:

Each One Pay One

Quote:
The Centre has proposed to launch a new scheme -- 'Each One Pay One' to fund Covid-19 vaccines for the poor. Under this scheme, the government will allow paying those who are willing and can afford to pay for vaccine doses for the poor and needy...
Quote:
The government will issue e-voucher that people can buy to fund the vaccination drive for the poor. Anyone can buy these e-vouchers in the name of a known person, assistant, or staff. He/she can visit any hospital and produce the voucher to take the vaccine.
Quote:
These e-vouchers will be non-transferable and mandated by the Reserve Bank of India. There will be no limitation on the number of vouchers an individual can buy, sources said.The government believes that the 'Each One Pay One' scheme will reduce the burden on government hospitals and speed up the vaccination drive.
The IndiaTV news report cheekily adds:

Quote:
Earlier on Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address to the nation said that all Indians above 18 years of age will be administered free Covid-19 vaccine from June 21. He said that states will be provided vaccine doses free of cost from Central government.

"The government of India will provide free vaccine to the states from Monday, June 21, in every state for all citizens above the age of 18 years,"

he said, adding that the Centre will buy 75 per cent of the total vaccine production from vaccine manufacturers and give it free to the states.
Eating the cake and having it too seems to have found a new meaning.

PS: All emphasis and para divisions are mine.

III

In what could prove to be a new incentive for vaccination, a purported matrimonial ad is doing the rounds on Twitter.
Attached Thumbnails
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-img_20210608_155631.jpg  

Last edited by dailydriver : 8th June 2021 at 16:01.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 10:09   #1019
BHPian

So the prices were fixed by the government for the vaccines. Most of the private hospitals still showing Covishield for Rs 900/- all inclusive, while I got my vaccine just now at Rs 650/-

Makes no sense. The price I paid today is reasonable considering the arrangement was within hospital premises, however why are other hospitals still displaying Rs 900 when Government has fixed the price at Rs 780.

For clarity & information : I got my first dose from Narayna Hospital Gurgaon

What gives
Old 9th June 2021, 10:51   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Makes no sense. The price I paid today is reasonable considering the arrangement was within hospital premises, however why are other hospitals still displaying Rs 900 when Government has fixed the price at Rs 780.
The new vaccine policy comes into effect from the 21st of June, hence the current prices will continue till then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks