Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 16:01   #916
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is covaxin second dose after 45 days? Can someone confirm please?
The recommendation is to have it between 28 - 42 day from the first dose which should roughly translate as 4 - 6 week. I took it on 38th day from the first dose.

I would request doctors on the forum to comment on the same.

Last edited by JMaruru : 31st May 2021 at 16:02.
JMaruru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 18:46   #917
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing this information. I had shared this information with my friend, who was struggling since last one week to get a covaxin slot for his wife. Using this method, he was able to book a slot and he asked me to convey his 'thanks' to you.
And even I was able to book a slot for Covishield using this method for my wife.
So, thanks on my behalf as well.
The trouble is the danger of having my vehicle seized if the cops disagree about walk-in on the way to Manipal in the afternoon. The BBMP chief has announced walk-in for 2nd dose at UPHCs but it appears that people are collecting tokens at 7am to come back later in the day. I sleep by after 2am everyday and it is impossible for me to wake-up by 6am.

Nothing about the risk of Covid or personal safety/benefits of Vaccination however has succeeded in triggering that wake-up event in me yet. Been sleeping through alarms forever since then.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st May 2021 at 23:50. Reason: Rule #11.
Old 31st May 2021, 18:51   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The trouble is the danger of having my vehicle seized if the cops disagree about walk-in on the way to Manipal in the afternoon.
Btw, did you check the price in Manipal? The reason why i am asking is, one of my known person told me that it is Rs3000+ for Covishield itself, if you walk-in? So, i request you to check the price before going.
Old 31st May 2021, 19:19   #919
BANNED

Quote:
Btw, did you check the price in Manipal? The reason why i am asking is, one of my known person told me that it is Rs3000+ for Covishield itself, if you walk-in? So, i request you to check the price before going.
Not possible and illegal if true. This will open the hospital to be penalized by GOI. The rates are fixed by Government order.
Old 31st May 2021, 19:22   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Not possible and illegal if true. This will open the hospital to be penalized by GOI. The rates are fixed by Government order.
If this is the case, how come the prices are different even in the cowin portal, for the same vaccine type in different hospitals?
From what i know, the prices of vaccine is fixed by govt, but Hospitals may be free to charge more as 'administration charges' or something like that?
Old 31st May 2021, 19:26   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
To those who are struggling to get a slot (especially in Bangalore area) even after getting notified by Telegram/Whatsapp groups, here is one more place to go check for: https://vaccineslot.in/

This is a few milli seconds faster (precious..) to give you a slot open alert. Good thing is that it also has audio alerts so you wont miss out. I managed to book slots 3 times during the last few days after getting alerted by this portal. For booking you can use Cowin site or Umang app.
Thank you for posting this here. It helped me book a slot for my wife. I have seen slots getting filled up within 10 seconds of being opened(18-44 years, dose 1) here in Pune. So, this was immensely helpful.
Old 31st May 2021, 19:27   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is covaxin second dose after 45 days? Can someone confirm please?
It is after 28 days. I just took my jab last week and the second dose is scheduled within 28 days. There is an outer limit prescribed of around 42 days, and that appears in the vaccination certificate itself. Therefore, 4-6 weeks.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:40   #923
BHPian

Quote:
If this is the case, how come the prices are different even in the cowin portal, for the same vaccine type in different hospitals?
From what i know, the prices of vaccine is fixed by govt, but Hospitals may be free to charge more as 'administration charges' or something like that?
I would be happy if some places have higher prices as it would mean less crowds. Let it be free at government hospitals and subsidised at others but let some upper range hospitals charge more. People pay 1500 to see a doctor. So those who can afford it would benefit from such an option.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:55   #924
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
It is after 28 days. I just took my jab last week and the second dose is scheduled within 28 days. There is an outer limit prescribed of around 42 days, and that appears in the vaccination certificate itself. Therefore, 4-6 weeks.
I am crossing 48 days now after the 1st dose of Covaxin but the frustration of daily checking the Cowin website twice or more and not getting any slot has left me too weary to be worried.

That said there is no scientific and statistically valid study to show that a delay beyond 6 weeks stretching to 3 months will completely negate the effect of the 1st dose.

With the AZ vax, it was due to a mistake and shoddy trial mis-management that some candidates ended up getting doses at 8 weeks or later and they found it was even more potent with this gap.

The trials for Covaxin were all conducted at the prescribed gap of 4 weeks without mis-management hence no data exists for even 5-6 weeks or longer. The 6 week gap appears to be wholly motivated by vax shortage nothing else - With the general knowledge and confidence that a human body will retain a memory for a longer time-frame based upon other experiences with older vaccines using inactivated whole virus. I am not sure if the anti-bodies will fade away completely within 6 weeks based upon a measured half-life but whether the memory cells will still be retained to produce potent anti-bodies once again.

The original 4-week gap may also be the urgent fast-track estimate to wholly inoculate an entire population at large with 4 weeks being the minimum interval for the 2nd dose to be effective with 2-3 weeks for the body to develop antibodies and prime itself. However whether the 2nd dose vax taken beyond the stipulated 6 weeks will be equally 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations is questionable - it is too early for statistically valid data studies in a rushed vaccine scenario.

Last edited by Ragul : 31st May 2021 at 20:57.
Old 31st May 2021, 21:16   #925
BHPian

Quote:
I am crossing 48 days now after the 1st dose of Covaxin but the frustration of daily checking the Cowin website twice or more and not getting any slot has left me too weary to be worried.
Where in Bangalore are you based at? Asking because most of the PHCs are giving Covaxin with a walk-in if it is second dose and above 45.
Even a temple nearby our place started vaccination on weekends. Good to see it.

Last edited by fordday : 31st May 2021 at 21:16. Reason: added info
Old 31st May 2021, 21:21   #926
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Where in Bangalore are you based at? Asking because most of the PHCs are giving Covaxin with a walk-in if it is second dose and above 45.
Even a temple nearby our place started vaccination on weekends. Good to see it.
I'm in Horamavu. Thanks. Question is whether I have to be there at 7am to collect token. None of the UPHCs have a working phone number...
Old 31st May 2021, 21:24   #927
BHPian

Quote:
I'm in Horamavu. Thanks. Question is whether I have to be there at 7am to collect token. None of the UPHCs have a working phone number...
There were couple of drives (for Covaxin 2nd dose) today in BG Road area. I am part of one of the layout association group there and I keep getting updates about vaccine drives/camps from that area. In case you are ready to drive to that place, then i can share the information with you whenever i get next update.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 21:27   #928
BHPian

Quote:
It depends on the rush and availability. But second dose above 45 are priority now.
See this tweet from BBMP yesterday Link

Don't delay, suggest you get a printout of your first dose certificate from cowin and take your ID and walk in. A physical copy helps to make quick decisions.
Old 31st May 2021, 21:30   #929
BANNED

Quote:
There were couple of drives (for Covaxin 2nd dose) today in BG Road area. I am part of one of the layout association group there and I keep getting updates about vaccine drives/camps from that area. In case you are ready to drive to that place, then i can share the information with you whenever i get next update.
BG road is Bannerghatta? Quiet far, but still if I can step out post 2pm would still love the drive on empty roads provided a guaranteed alibi is available to bail me out when cops try to size my vehicle. Thanks for the offer!
Old 31st May 2021, 21:33   #930
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
It depends on the rush and availability. But second dose above 45 are priority now.
See this tweet from BBMP yesterday Link

Don't delay, suggest you get a printout of your first dose certificate from cowin and take your ID and walk in. A physical copy helps to make quick decisions.
Yes this discussion is removing me a bit from my sense of resignation. Let me try a walk-in tomorrow afternoon at a nearby UPHC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks