Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 20:30   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Yes I got the certificate with the passport number. Did you get a SMS after the registration.

Attachment 2170537

After getting the SMS, you can download the certificate.
Yes I got both SMSes and again tried to re download but nothing. There isn't even a column/ heading for passport number
Old 25th June 2021, 02:27   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The other query that I have is the certificate mentions 'Provisional'. This was even with the Aadhar card. Any views on this ?
After the second dose, the certificate says "Final"

To add passport, login to Cowin, click on "raise a issue" and select "add passport details."

I can't do it right now, as fetching my passport would wake up sleeping wife, but I might try it, just to see if I can add the details of a passport that is not even Indian.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:32   #1113
Team-BHP Support

I got my passport updated in the certificate yesterday. Matter of 30 seconds.

Basically the semi-masked Aadhaar number is replaced by a fully visible passport number.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 07:56   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

So got my second dose of Covishield yesterday. Our society had organised a camp, and my own vaccination was super smooth. Unfortunately, the hospital concerned was not willing to give second doses to people under 45 (who had been vaccinated either as HCW/FLWs or as Walk-Ins in the early days when surplus doses were available in the evenings) because the GOI has put a new clause stating that those below 45 can’t be vaccinated in private camps before July 23. Just don’t get why these busybodies keep changing rules every day. Fortunately, we found a slot in another hospital on Cowin (which let us book it - so don’t get the logic here) and got my wife vaccinated as well. Just had to drive down to the suburbs (after my vaccination) for no reason at all!

No side effects for either of us so far except for slight tiredness and pain in the spot where we were vaccinated. Hope we actually have immunity post this.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:54   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Unfortunately, the hospital concerned was not willing to give second doses to people under 45 (who had been vaccinated either as HCW/FLWs or as Walk-Ins
Whether I agree or not, but here is the background to that rule.

In first week of April, govt found out that there is big spike in HCW/FRW registrations and they had reason to believe that this has been misused. This was the time when it was still restricted to 60+ or 45+ with comorbidities. So they put in the clause that only government hospitals would do HCW/FRW vaccinations from that day onwards. No permission to private hospitals. After that there have many flip flops on age groups so this rule does not make sense now, but I think they haven't taken it down yet. So anyone who becomes eligible for 2nd dose but took the first as HCW/FRW then they have to go visit government centers.

Did you visit a private hospital for getting the 2nd dose for your wife or it was government hospital?

Last edited by shipnil : 28th June 2021 at 12:57.
Old 28th June 2021, 13:28   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Did you visit a private hospital for getting the 2nd dose for your wife or it was government hospital?
The second dose was at a private hospital. But booked through Cowin. So obviously the government has no clue what it is up to - but why does that not surprise me! Unfortunately, our bureaucrats love to make everything as complex as possible - at a time when their sole goal should be to get as many jabs into as many arms as possible.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 08:51   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If we can't get the free jabs, we will go for the paid ones!
We couldn't get the free jabs, so my wife and I took the second Covishield jabs at the Rela Institute and Hospital in our area on the morning of 26th. The arrangements were good, well regulated and we completed it in less than an hour. It is a huge facility with plenty of parking space. My wife had arm pain and mild fever that night, I had mild arm pain and mild chills (though Ac was at 27), and a few episodes of waking up for urination, similar to the experience after the first dose.

Can someone suggest how to vaccinate two home bound octogenarians (my parents) with very limited movement? It will be very difficult for them to reach even the nearest facility and wait for their turn.
Old 1st July 2021, 08:04   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Starting July 1, private hospitals in India will no longer be allowed to directly procure COVID-19 vaccines from manufacturers and have to place orders on the Centre's #CoWIN portal.⁠

All private hospitals have to register on CoWIN as a Private COVID Vaccination Centre (PCVC) to participate in the aggregation mechanism.

Credit : The Economic Times (Instagram).
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 21:08   #1119
BHPian

Sharing with you an unusual story of vaccine date update issue and how I managed to come through it. May be it would help people going through same situation

Back in April I had given my mother the first dose of Covishield vaccine in Apollo Bannerghatta and I completely forgot about the message that we should receive after the vaccine. I checked CoWin portal couple of times however I thought may be it would come bit late and ignored it. Then with the gap of 84 days being announced time just went and I was busy in my daily chores.

So when we were close to 84 days gap, I checked the CoWin app and saw that it's still not updated for the first dose. Now I was worried and called up the Apollo hospital and told about the issue. However they were quick to say this was an issue with CoWin app however they agreed to do the update. The update for the first vaccine was done but it was for June and not April and upon enquiring they said they can't update with old date however they promised that we can come after 84 days (count from April) and take the vaccine. Also they asked to come with another ID proof other than Aadhar which was given during the 1st dose.

I was bit skeptical how this will go. Anyways went after the completion of 84 days and spoke to the vaccine coordinator and showed them the proof of the receipt of the April when the first vaccine was given. The coordinator asked for another ID proof and could register my mother with that and second dose was successfully updated in CoWin and mother got the vaccine. Now we've the final vaccine certificate

So two things to highlight here :-

1. Please check for the confirmation message or update in CoWin portal whenever you get the vaccine. Don't leave the vaccination center without this. Also get some physical receipt which can be shown as proof in future and this is what worked for me

2. You can always use another ID proof to get the second dose irrespective of the duration. It's an exception but it's a way out for people who have the problem like I faced

Hope this helps people who are exactly in my situation
SNayak is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 08:27   #1120
BHPian

Now that the vaccination status is linked with passports, how will govt. manage this when the passports come up for renewal? Will the data linked from previous passport number be carried forward and linked to new one?
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:24   #1121
GTO
Team-BHP Support

3 months up since my Covid attack, so I went for the first Covidshield shot yesterday. Appointment was taken on Tuesday (many slots available in Bombay). Time was 0930 @ Bombay Scottish school (run by Hinduja Hospital). There was a big line, but it was fast moving. Forms filled, payment made and we were out at 1030. Crowds & overall organisation was top class.

I had absolutely zero symptoms yesterday and actually thought of gym'ing. Wiser sense prevailed and I rested it out. At 0300 hours, I suddenly woke up feeling really cold. Switched off the air-con and went back to sleep. Woke up, had a heavy breakfast, took a Crocin and am now again feeling back to normal. Going to avoid physical exertion for a little time.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:45   #1122
BHPian

Took Covishield last week. Wife on 22nd June and myself on 24th June. Wife had pain in hand but no fever. I kept moving the hand after vaccination (courtesy Dr.google :-)) and i had no pain in hand but had mild fever around 8 hours from vaccination. Took one Dolo650 put up Sherni on amazon prime and in 2 hours both the movie and fever vanished from my mind without any trace (nothing against performance of the actors.. just the ending).

Hope this third wave is handled in India like how it is going to be done in Singapore. Vaccinate as many as possible. Educate all about going to local doctor immediately upon symptoms. Stop counting covid cases. In the long run i think this is what will happen in all countries.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 10:43   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Luckily apart from slight body pain that lasted through the next day I didn't get anything.
Waited for 12 weeks for the second shot. This time no symptoms - not even pain in the injection site.

Apparently Covishield too is falling out of favor with America and several European nations. I have a US trip coming up later in the year. If the USA go for a blanket ban on people vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Covishield), would it be safe to get a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if and when it gets introduced in India?
dragonfire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:02   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Went for my first dose of Covishield on the 30th of June at Daya Hospital, Thrissur. There was decent amount of rush at the hospital, but not so huge either. Got my jab around 11:30 am and was directed to the observation ward. There was no pain at the injection spot even after taking it. After half an hour I was let go and reached back home and had my lunch. Since there was no pain or any symptoms I was feeling pretty jolly. However my joy was not for long. Around 11 pm I started to feel some form of sickness, though I couldn't tell what it was and there was feeling of muscular pain at the point of injection. Soon I began to feel cold and started getting chills. By 11:30 pm I was shaking from inside. It felt like travelling in those local buses over broken roads at high speeds. I went to bed around 12:30 and had not taken any medication. I used two blankets, one thin one and a super thick one to keep myself warm as I was feeling super cold. Then comes a quick lightening pain in the bone area below my right knee cap (google search shows this area as between patella tendon and tibia). It was like someone was pressing on that bone for a fraction of a second with heavy force. The pain would come like a lightening, very fast and would last only a fraction of a second and had a frequency of something like once every ten minutes. Although I managed to drift off, couldn't get proper sleep and woke up in the morning feeling hungover. Yes, the feeling was like someone who had too much to drink the previous night. My breakfast appetite was also low, but yet I managed to have food and followed that with a paracetamol and went to sleep. By afternoon I woke up and none of the symptoms were there although I was still not 100% ok. By evening I was back to my former self and feeling fit and healthy. The pain at the injection site is still there but very mild now.

Last edited by TrackDay : 2nd July 2021 at 15:06.
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:25   #1125
Senior - BHPian

In the wake of Fake Vaccination Cases, the BMC has issued a list of registered vaccination centers in Mumbai.

Please ensure you take your vaccination only from these centres.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-fb_img_1625237742887.jpg

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-fb_img_1625237748759.jpg

Source: TOI Mumbai Tweet.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 2nd July 2021 at 20:27.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks