Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:48   #1096
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Looks like Bharat Biotech's trial by fire is coming to a crescendo, 78% efficacy in phase 3 large-scale trials. WHO EUL is not far away.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cova...ndtv_topscroll

Happy to see that 100% homegrown vaccination has found its due, despite many doubts and questions.
The high price, non-availability and a general lack of trust would still work against Covaxin. Let's see if they are able to get the WHO and FDA nod.
dragonfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:10   #1097
BHPian

Folks, are there any free slot for 18-44 age group in Chennai? Or any scope of finding one? I can't seem to find any slot even after searching for more than a week. Not interested in paying for this stupid vaccine.
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:33   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
The high price, non-availability and a general lack of trust would still work against Covaxin. Let's see if they are able to get the WHO and FDA nod.
Covaxin is in the news again, but for the wrong reasons.

Quote:
Brazil probes $320m deal for Covaxin jabs

Brazilian federal prosecutors have opened an investigation into a contract worth 1.6 billion reais ($320 million) for 20 million doses of a Covid-19 vaccine made by Bharat Biotech, according to a document seen by Reuters on Tuesday.

Prosecutors questioned why the ministry agreed to buy the Bharat Biotech vaccine, which had not cleared regulatory hurdles, for around $15 per dose: significantly more than what it paid for Pfizer’s vaccine, which had regulatory nod. “The history of irregularities involving partners at Precisa and elevated price paid for the doses under contract require deep investigation in civil and criminal aspects,” wrote prosecutors.
src: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/83767063.cms
Old 24th June 2021, 02:16   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Folks, are there any free slot for 18-44 age group in Chennai? Or any scope of finding one? I can't seem to find any slot even after searching for more than a week. Not interested in paying for this stupid vaccine.
Try any of the nearby PHCs, as most of them have started free vaccination for 18+ category. These centers will never show up in Cowin site, so direct walk-in is the only option.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 07:58   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Serum Institute of India website says side effects are more likely after the first dose than after the second.
Yes, our experience too. Both mum & I are pretty much normal after our shot yesterday morning. This is unlike the first shot when I took 2 days and mum a little more to recover.

However, it is also possible that this reduced effect is due to the gap that is in force now. My wife, being an FLW (front line worker), had got her shots with a gap of 7 weeks. She had stronger symptoms after the second dose too - but it could be her physiology too.

Either way, glad to have completed the course. I do go out a bit due to my work. While I take the required precautions, it is prudent to have the vaccinations done.

Last edited by navin : 24th June 2021 at 11:44. Reason: typos and clarification of FLW
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 11:45   #1101
Senior - BHPian

^^ If anything, increased gap should cause more side effects similar to first dose, not less. I know of people who took the vaccines according to the initial schedule. They also felt negligible side effects after second dos.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 12:28   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
You can try any of the near by PHC's for the vaccine. No booking required.

This is from CoWin website

Quote:
Vaccination Centre's provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. Beneficiaries aged 45 years and above can schedule appointments online or walk-in to vaccination centres. Beneficiaries aged 18 years and above can schedule appointments online or walk-in to Government vaccination centres. However, beneficiaries aged 18-44 years should mandatorily register themselves and schedule appointment online before going to a Private vaccination centre.

On lighter note, why do you want this "Stupid" Vaccine?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 12:38   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post

On lighter note, why do you want this "Stupid" Vaccine?
Thanks buddy. Because of the vaccination certificate that I might need to produce in the future.
Old 24th June 2021, 13:51   #1104
Senior - BHPian

In future for international travel, you may need proof of Covid vaccination.
Most of us have used Aadhar card for Cowin registration. Now you change that to Passport even if you have taken one or two doses.

Procedure:-

1. Login the cowin website using the registered mobile number.

2. Select 'Raise a Issue'.

3. Under Raise a issue, select the passport option.

4. Select the person from the drop down menu.

5. Enter passport number.

6. Submit.

7. Close app.

8. After you receive an SMS, reopen app and download your new certificate with passport number.

Note: I just did mine and the whole procedure took 5 minutes.

I am guessing that only those who have provided their Aadhar card for passport issue can avail this service. Please update once done.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 24th June 2021 at 13:52.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 15:36   #1105

Posted in the wrong section. Oops.

Can anyone from TN comment whether the second dose can only be had after 84 days strictly. My parents need to travel out of station for person reasons and I’d like to get them the second dose a couple weeks early if possible. However the GH near them is asking them to come after 84 days. Is there no other option ? (It’s been 70 days since first dose)

Last edited by Gokuljayaraj : 24th June 2021 at 15:53. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 24th June 2021, 16:57   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Was able to book a slot for wife two days in advance! Things seem to be looking up.

Only thing is we have to travel to Apollo main hospital.
She was unwell last night, so we cancelled. She agreed that actually cancelling would open up the slot to another, and installed the arogia situ (???) app to do so.
Old 24th June 2021, 18:40   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What happens if one books a paid slot through Cowin site for Covishield second dose, but finds an oppurtunity to get free vaccination at a camp prior to the date? Can the booking be cancelled?
I have booked paid slots for my wife and me on 26th through Cowin site at a Pvt facility. We plan to go and stand in line at 7 am the same morning at a free camp. The probability is good that we will get our jabs, then I will try to cancel the paid slots. If I can't, well, that will be too bad! I can't help it!

If we can't get the free jabs, we will go for the paid ones!
Old 24th June 2021, 19:44   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

You can cancel an appointment through the Aarogya Setu app, whose name I mangled in the previous post!
Old 24th June 2021, 20:18   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Note: I just did mine and the whole procedure took 5 minutes.

I am guessing that only those who have provided their Aadhar card for passport issue can avail this service. Please update once done.
I did it and came as success and downloaded the certificate but it doesn't mention the passport number anywhere. Did you get the passport number on the certificate?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 20:28   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I did it and came as success and downloaded the certificate but it doesn't mention the passport number anywhere. Did you get the passport number on the certificate?
Yes I got the certificate with the passport number. Did you get a SMS after the registration.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20210624203018_messages.jpg

After getting the SMS, you can download the certificate.

The other query that I have is the certificate mentions 'Provisional'. This was even with the Aadhar card. Any views on this ?

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 24th June 2021 at 20:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks