Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 08:26   #1261
BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

Booster shots are available for frontline workers and those above 60 who have comorbidities. The vaccine will be available 9months after the previous (second) dose.

My question is - can one just walk in and get the dose or is there any appointment or other process to be followed?
Old 10th January 2022, 09:11   #1262
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
My question is - can one just walk in and get the dose or is there any appointment or other process to be followed?
You can schedule the appointment on cowin portal or if you walk in, the vaccination centre will use cowin portal/app to update the beneficiary details.
Old 10th January 2022, 16:18   #1263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
My mom is 80 and a doctor, she's been seeing patients (patients related to her specialty, not covid-cases) right through the pandemic and it's been almost 10 months since she received her last dose.
Happy to report that she got her booster dose today. Hope they cover all the doctors and senior citizens soon. Really don't understand why it took them this long to begin. But at least it has started, so hope there is not going to be any shortage now and it ramps up quick.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:26   #1264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Cowin site is now telling me when I can get my third jab. I didn't check it I can pre-schedule it before that date. I am wondering, if there will be a rush, or if it will be easily available. Second-jab seems very (too much!) easy to get now!

(Actually, once past the date when you are allowed to get it, yes, you can walk in.)
Old 10th January 2022, 20:56   #1265
Senior - BHPian

My parents got their booster dose today. Booked appointment through Cowin and it showed Dec 21 as the date for their booster dose!

No crowds, was a breeze.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 22:08   #1266
Senior - BHPian

16 Year Old here.

Took the vaccine on the 5th. Initially had booked an appointment through COWIN for the 7th but then got to know that the PMC centre near my house was doing walk-ins, so went ahead and took it there.

Listing any issues faced by me and my friends

Myself (16M), SR(16F), AT(15M), SDM(16M): Only the arm pained for a day or two.
AN (16F) & KA (16F): Got running fever for 2 days and the arm pained for the same number of days. KA (a bit medically sensitive) had to get admitted to the hospital for precautionary purposes.
akash_v12 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 16:35   #1267
BHPian

I had the opportunity to get a free booster dose because of my profession, while I was in Germany last month. Since I have had two Covishield doses, the doctor recommended that I get a Moderna booster dose, to which I happily agreed.

Even though this was a free vaccination booster drive organised by the German Red Cross, all recipients were talked through the possible side-effects at some length. I was quite impressed by the emphasis on informed consent.

Also, my two Covishield doses were manually entered into the EU Green Pass system as AstraZeneca shots by the nurse on duty. This administrative flexibility was another pleasant surprise.

The nurse also took down details of the side effects I experienced after my Covishield doses; she said that their health authority wanted to collect as much data as possible.

Side effects after this third dose were minimal. Arm pain at the injection site for a few days, and a little bit of breathlessness the day after getting the shot.
RadixLecti is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 20:52   #1268
BHPian

Booster is available for 45+ in Tata Organization. One of my relatives working with them in Delhi got his booster 2 days ago along with his whole office.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 06:45   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Booster is available for 45+ in Tata Organization. One of my relatives working with them in Delhi got his booster 2 days ago along with his whole office.
Thanks for this information. Didn't know corporates have been allowed to buy and administer boosters to employees regardless of age or comorbidity status

Immediately shot off an email to our HRD.
Old 15th January 2022, 14:41   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an automated sms informing me of my date of eligibility for third shot, which is in a few days.

The Cowin portal and system seems to be working well.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:28   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Jab 3 ("Precautionary" dose) Done and dusted a couple of days ago.

Wanting a place within walking distance, I'd been looking for a slot at the hospital where I got my first, and it wasn't coming up. Went for another nearby hospital which I'd never heard of before. Looks pretty new, and, apart from people sitting at desks, very quiet.

They were doing 3rd jab, covishield, only One person came out as I was filling a form, after which I went straight in, one person went in as I came out. No queues, no rooms full of people, no worries about being too close.

They did not give any potential unnecessary tablets, but advised to take paracetamol if I felt aches, pains or fever. Nothing happened until over twelve hours later, when I woke up with chills. Took parecetamol, put on extra layer of clothes, put off AC. Went back to sleep.

Oh, for people in this area to whom the recommendation might be useful, it was GEM hospital, Perungudi, Chennai.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 00:37   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the 'precaution'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Took parecetamol, put on extra layer of clothes, put off AC. Went back to sleep.
It's hilarious (and OT) but in South Indian English this could mean you turned the AC either on or off.

Last edited by v1p3r : 27th January 2022 at 00:39.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 03:44   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
in South Indian English this could mean you turned the AC either on or off.
In British English, it means I left it for later!

Of course, I should have just said offed. But it would have spoilt the flow. I plead poetic licence
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 16:56   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

The Director Controller General of India (DCGI) has approved the conditional market authorization of 2 covid vaccines, Covaxin and Covishield. It's not clear what exactly this means, hopefully should be clear in a few days.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-screenshot_20220127165650.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PIB1792956.pdf (80.3 KB, 66 views)
Old 29th January 2022, 16:41   #1275
Senior - BHPian

My parents Booster shot/3rd Dose (Covishield) was due on January 23rd and they received an SMS on the previous day. I booked an appointment for them on the Cowin portal for the 26th at the nearest Govt UPHC in the 10AM-12PM slot.

On the 26th, they went and were shocked to see that the UPHC was empty i.e no one else had come for vaccination(even the regular 1st/2nd dose). The entire process was smooth and they were in and out within 35 minutes (including 30 minutes mandatory stay for observation).

My dad got no side effects and was fine but my mom had severe headache that evening, body pain the next day and had to take Dolo on both days. She was fine by evening on the next day.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 29th January 2022 at 16:43.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks