Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 21:34   #2146
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post

Ozark season 1 was awesome. Will pick up season 2 soon. Thanks.
Almost done with Season 2 and boy the complexities keep increasing. But somehow you start getting a feeling of too much of the same thing. I think I'm reaching saturation point on this one.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:35   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yeh meri family on Netflix.
It's brilliant, brings about nostalgia that borders on depressive. Recommended for people who went to school in the 80s and 90s.
I absolutely loved it. There is no overdrive of emotions or acting or drama (like the case with most web series nowadays), but it is such a refreshing watch, more so because being grown up in 90s, I could connect to many things. After TVF Pitchers, Trippling, this is another good show from the house.

I hope there will be Season 2 as well.
Old 12th September 2018, 16:31   #2148
BHPian

Watched both Yeh meri family and Jack Ryan the past week. Enjoyed both the series thoroughly. Previously watched 'The Staircase' on Netflix. Based on a true story, it's worth a watch.
Old 13th September 2018, 17:11   #2149
Distinguished - BHPian

Season 8 of Suits is turning out to be quite good. That's probably because 7 was overly drawn out. Its almost a new series. If you're from the Harvey camp, definitely worth a watch. If you are a Mike Ross fan, then dont try it.
I do wish they would stop referencing Mike Ross. It reminds me of how sad Happy days became when Richie was available on the phone after Ron Howard left. It did not work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I absolutely loved it. There is no overdrive of emotions or acting or drama (like the case with most web series nowadays), but it is such a refreshing watch, more so because being grown up in 90s, I could connect to many things. After TVF Pitchers, Trippling, this is another good show from the house.

I hope there will be Season 2 as well.
I do too. I did not realize that its only 7 episodes, and almost went into shell-shock when I realized it was over. It was a such an awesome look back at my past.....
Old 18th September 2018, 09:53   #2150
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is finally here and from the first three episodes its now the king of dark humor for me.. absolute rib tickling comedy, unapologetically politically incorrect and manages to tear into the useless American social and political movements all at the same time. If there is one thing that can change the world today it would be sarcasm.

Also saw a new comedy called The Good Place.. Kristen Bell is kind of a dry actor but I like her nonetheless with her being vegan and all, & Ted Danson is a legend in whatever he does. The plot does fall apart rapidly after season 1 though.

Also looking forward to watching yet another new comedy show called Superstore, featuring the life of billing and storage clerks in one of America's superstores, very highly rated in IMDB so hope for some entertainment.
Old 18th September 2018, 18:15   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Almost done with Season 2 and boy the complexities keep increasing. But somehow you start getting a feeling of too much of the same thing. I think I'm reaching saturation point on this one.
Finished watching Season 2 and I had the same feeling. It was a drag. I finished it because I wanted to finish it. The last episode wasn't that great either. My american colleagues were all raving about it but I was like meh!
Old 19th September 2018, 11:13   #2152
BHPian

Ozark season 2 was pretty much a drag, with the season finale going out on a whimper, at least for me.

Watching Godless now, and boy the performances and photography are top-notch. Western fans, be sure not to miss this.

Last edited by Pequod : 19th September 2018 at 11:14. Reason: Spelling mistake!
Old 19th September 2018, 12:45   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Three months back I renewed my Netflix subscription for Sacred Game. Now I am Addicted to Netflix.

These are the series I covered in the last three months.

Better Call Saul:
A must watch for all who are in love of "Breaking Bad".

El Chapo:
It was amazing to watch El Chapo from his early days in the 1980s working for the Guadalajara Cartel, to his rise to power during the '90s and his ultimate downfall in 2016. It was like watching a sequel of Narcos, wherein business shifted to Mexico from Colombia.

Suits:
Highly impressed by mighty Harvey Spector. The lives of the corporate lawyers in the heart of the vibrant corporate city( New York). I was never a fan of Courtroom Drama. However, Harvey Spector made me a fan of Legal Drama. Waiting for Season 8.

House of Cards:
Suits inspired me to try some new genres and bumped into this amazing political thriller. What makes the show worth watching is the constantly evolving relationship between Frank and Claire. I loved the chemistry between Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. The recent news is Kevin Spacey will be out of Season 6. House of Cards without Francis Underwood!! Strange!!

Fauda:
Who doesn't love Israel's Secret service agencies and their operations?. This entire series is in Hebrew and Arabic still I binge watched(with English subtitles) it because of gripping story and amazing direction. Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Ghoul:
Bumped into this due to Netflix's marketing campaigns. I always ignore Horror films/series but loved the overall idea and direction of Ghoul.

By the way, shouldn't we have a separate thread for Web Series?

Last edited by SJM1214 : 19th September 2018 at 12:47. Reason: Minor Change.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 14:25   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Halfway through Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. It is just OK maybe little disappointing, so far just looks like another CIA story (like Homeland).

It felt weird to see a rookie Jack Ryan here after seeing Alec Baldwin and Harrison Ford in 3 of Clancy novels made to big screen.
Old 19th September 2018, 15:43   #2155
BHPian

Any reviews on BBC's Bodyguard? The 17 minutes opening promo looks very impressive. Netflix might air it from next month.
Old 19th September 2018, 16:58   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Yeh Meri family was fantastic. It reminded me of Modern Family, comedy with emotional tugging at some places, and both are not forced on you. Hopefully there is a Season 2!!!
Old 25th September 2018, 18:34   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Any reviews on BBC's Bodyguard?
Clear out 6 hours during the weekend, stock up on some good food and binge watch! Finished watching it yesterday and I must say that its definitely worth a watch.

Started watching Line of Duty, another great brit series about a corrupt copper and internal affairs.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:14   #2158
BHPian

BojackHorseMan on Netflix is epic once you hold on for couple of episodes. If you like comedy in animation series like Rick & Marty then you should watch this show.

This scene of epic monologue banter in season 5 is just epic.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img2156.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img2157.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img2158.jpg

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-img2159.jpg
Old 26th September 2018, 21:37   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
BojackHorseMan on Netflix is epic once you hold on for couple of episodes. If you like comedy in animation series like Rick & Marty then you should watch this show.
I love Rick & Morty. Some episodes in the series are simply mind blowing. Hope the character Evil Morty makes it big in coming seasons.

Also started watching BojackHorseMan.

Among TV series, I would also recommend 'The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel' on Amazon Prime.
Old 27th September 2018, 00:10   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Clear out 6 hours during the weekend, stock up on some good food and binge watch! Finished watching it yesterday and I must say that its definitely worth a watch.
Thank you for the head's up.
Will check out this series this weekend.

Would recommend following BBC series
The Coroner
Deep State

I am sure most members have already seen "The Looming Tower"

Most Viewed