Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 17:13   #2011
BHPian

re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Watching Blindspot in Amazon Prime. It is a police procedural action packed drama. It seems to be based on a number of TV series and some movies like Person of Interest, CSI NY and Fringe. 4/5
Old 6th April 2018, 22:06   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Caught up with the Amazon mini TV series Breathe. Its a good story about the making and catching of a serial killer and they could not have chosen an actor better that R Madhavan for the lead. Good to see that the standard of hindi TV is improving.

However, you will still need to accept on how easily committing a murder and causing other medical conditions is portrayed. And doing all of that with complete anonymity and without anything going wrong is sheer cinematic liberty and beyond logic. If you can ignore this, it's a good series. 8 episodes of 40 minutes each.

My rating = 4/5

Finished Watching it & I completely agree with your review. Great performances but the storyline and script has lot of holes. Also this looks more of adaptation of a western theme(minus the content quality) than something written for India.

Still worth watching for the cast and overall direction.
Old 7th April 2018, 00:51   #2013
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a fresh new series on prime, "deception". So far, only 4 episodes aired, but as with all such series where someone external assist the FBI/CIA etc (mentalist, Blacklist etc), the initial few are great fun. hope it pans out well.
Old 7th April 2018, 06:21   #2014
BHPian

Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please)

Finished watching Mad Men all seasons on Netflix. It was an amazing show about the advertisement business and how it grew from Newspaper to Radio to Television.

Any shows similar to Mad Men on Netflix or Amazon Prime?
Old 17th April 2018, 00:02   #2015
Distinguished - BHPian

Designated survivor
Netflix
Kiefer Sutherland as the president when the entire government of the US is assassinated.
It's quite good.
Old 17th April 2018, 00:36   #2016
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Designated survivor
Netflix
Kiefer Sutherland as the president when the entire government of the US is assassinated.
It's quite good.
What a coincidence. I started this one today. Looks good so far, although a bit predictable
Old 17th April 2018, 01:51   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watching current season of Homeland? I am still catching up, finished season 6.
I thought season 6 was pretty good. Season 7... em, not so much right now.

Still have to watch the last two episodes of The Walking Dead. This is a series that I watch now only because I have watched all the previous seasons. Now it is more like Sitting Dead. That's me, the viewer.
Old 17th April 2018, 10:56   #2018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Anyone watching current season of Homeland? I am still catching up, finished season 6.

Still have to watch the last two episodes of The Walking Dead. This is a series that I watch now only because I have watched all the previous seasons. Now it is more like Sitting Dead. That's me, the viewer.
I've seen the first four seasons of Homeland. I liked the series and lost touch only because of the wait between the seasons.

TWD - Have to watch the last 5-6 episodes, and like you I am watching only because I want to see if they salvage something at the end. Otherwise it is toooooo boring now.
Old 17th April 2018, 11:00   #2019
Team-BHP Support

Started watching the Netflix documentary, Wild Wild Country, on Osho/Rajneesh.

It is a typical documentary with a lot of interviews of Rajneesh's inner circle and actual footage of that time. Slow, not very exciting or gripping.

Watched one episode, putting off continuing it because it isn't too exciting, and I'm not very interesting in knowing about that whole circus.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th April 2018 at 11:01.
Old 17th April 2018, 11:42   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Some shows I've been watching:

Sherlock: Finished the 4 seasons run so far. Felt the final season was a mixed bag than the first 3 seasons.

La casa de papel: Watched the first 3 episodes so far. So far I feel a deja vu of Inside Man with much more complications thrown in.

X-Files: Finished 2 seasons so far. Been a mixed bag, few boring episodes with some killer episodes thrown in betweeen, especially in Season 2.

House MD: Just started season 2, been so far so good.

Blacklist: Just waiting for the damned thing to end.
---
Quote:
I actually think its the other way around. Season 7 had a better premise than 6, far more relatable than the convoluted story of S6.
Old 17th April 2018, 13:38   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Watching Blindspot in Amazon Prime. It is a police procedural action packed drama. It seems to be based on a number of TV series and some movies like Person of Interest, CSI NY and Fringe. 4/5
After Season 2, it started becoming wayward. It appears that many of these series start with a bang and end up with a whimper.

Enough of Blindspot.

Started with the Last Ship. What a beginning ! Each episode brings Hollywood type of Action in to your TV. Nathan James, an Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer of the US Navy is the last ship, civilization has to save the world.
Old 17th April 2018, 18:59   #2022
Senior - BHPian

I am into Season-4 of Suits in no time. Overall, a very well written script. I am impressed with the way the character of Jessica Pearson is built up. Everyone knows Harvey Specter is the James Bond of lawyers in Manhattan, but she is the M of Harvey.

However, since season 3, the whole Mike Ross-Rachel Zane relationship track is getting dragged somehow. I tend to skip the frames which have Mike-Rachel interactions, most of the times.

By reading the brief story description of each episode, I can see that season 6 has huge surprises in store. Can't wait to reach there.
Old 18th April 2018, 00:22   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone watching current season of Homeland?
Waiting for the season to get over so that I can binge watch(Amazon Prime). Homeland is too gripping to wait between episodes
Old 18th April 2018, 01:31   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Homeland is too gripping to wait between episodes
Ever since I started watching shows on Amazon Prime, never really came back to Hotstar. Looks like I need to come back again for Homeland. Seasons 1-5 were really good but Season 6 didn't meet my expectations. Time to give it another chance.
Old 18th April 2018, 02:04   #2025
BHPian

Has anyone watched Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency? (It's on Netflix)

It's a quirky show and very different to most on the TV right now. Do take a look, you won't be disappointed.

Most Viewed