Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 18:12   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I haven't seen money heist but you guys watch with English Audio? Asking since I watched entire Narcos in Spanish with english subs. I did try watching in English Audio but it did not have the "feel". Not sure how to explain.
It was more enjoyable in Spanish (although I didn't understand anything) and reading subs simultaneously.
Yeah I watch all the non-English series in their native language with English subs. Don't like watching them with English "recording".

Btw, started watching The Money Heist and the first season was good. I couldn't even sit through the second season - it got that boring. Horrible for me. I had to leave the room to let me wife continue watching it - ff'wding every few minutes.
Old 30th September 2019, 21:01   #2612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I just started Money Heist Season 3 and realised to my dismay that the English dubbing artists have changed from seasons 1 & 2. Every character sounds different and that has disturbed continuity big time.
Found Money Heist 3rd season quite boring. Starts of ok, but then gets way to slow in the middle and finishes kind of ok.
Old 30th September 2019, 22:30   #2613
BHPian

I just finished watching HYPERDRIVE on Netflix. A must watch for any petrol head, it features professional racers from around the globe with varied backgrounds and ages trying to put the fastest time over different tracks filled with challenges.
You will love it if you were a fan of NEED FOR SPEED series of PC games,especially NFS:Most wanted

Last edited by aah78 : 30th September 2019 at 23:10. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Old 30th September 2019, 23:03   #2614
BHPian

I just saw one episode of Dear White People today and it looks like a nice, gripping story. May be able to binge-watch on Gandhi Jayanti!
Old 1st October 2019, 14:04   #2615
BHPian

The Family Man: 2/5

The plot is riddled with glaring loopholes and its difficult to overlook them.

The series does have its moments though. Manoj Bajpai is solid as usual and the support cast is good too for the most parts (the two kids are brilliant).
Old 9th October 2019, 16:47   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Family Man - 4/5

Outstanding performance by Manoj Bajpai. He literally pulls and carries the entire series on his slim shoulders. Supporting cast has also done a great job, especially the kids, Talpade and villians.

My opinion is that we are unnecessarily comparing our web series with US/UK series and shooting them down outright. The whole web series phenomenon is pretty new for India, so we need to give time. 3 years ago, we had nothing and we had to bear the utter non-sense on our TV channels. So compared to that $%^&*, these web series are 10x better.

Compare The Family Man with any Saas-Bahu series and tell me which is better.

Also, started watching FLEABAG on Amazon Prime. Rating - 5/5

No wonder Fleabag won so many Emmy awards for comedy series. Such a well written, well executed project. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Sadly, Phoebe Waller announced the end of the series, after she picked up the Emmy for Actress and Writer. But I have a feeling it will come back. Phoebe Waller is now one of the top TV stars and writers in UK. Daniel Craig invited Phoebe to write script and work on the screenplay for the next Bond movie, "No time to die".

Note that this is an adult series with explicit references and scenes.

The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)-fleabag.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 9th October 2019 at 16:55.
Old 9th October 2019, 16:50   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Family Man - 4/5

Outstanding performance by Manoj Bajpai. He literally pulls and carries the entire series on his slim shoulders. Supporting cast has also done a great job, especially the kids, Talpade and villians.

My opinion is that we are unnecessarily comparing our web series with US/UK series and shooting them down outright. The whole web series phenomenon is pretty new for India, so we need to give time. 3 years ago, we had nothing and we had to bear the utter non-sense on our TV channels. So compared to that $%^&*, these web series are 10x better.

Compare The Family Man with any Saas-Bahu series and tell me which is better.
Any good web series you can think of? Have seen Bard of Blood as well, decent watch but Family Man was better with respect to acting.

I second your opinion, Indian Web Series is at a nascent stage and expect better ones soon. Any other Indian web series worth a binge?
Old 9th October 2019, 16:58   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Any good web series you can think of? Have seen Bard of Blood as well, decent watch but Family Man was better with respect to acting.

I second your opinion, Indian Web Series is at a nascent stage and expect better ones soon. Any other Indian web series worth a binge?
I can recommend the ones I have watched so far:
* Breathe (R Madhvan)
* Mirzapur
* Sacred Games (Season 1)
Old 9th October 2019, 17:01   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I can recommend the ones I have watched so far:
* Breathe (R Madhvan)
* Mirzapur
* Sacred Games (Season 1)
Have watched Sacred Games (Both seasons). Did not like the 2nd season much though.

Did not hear good reviews of Mirzapur so had skipped. Will check out Breathe. R Madhvan is a fine actor.
Old 9th October 2019, 17:01   #2620
Senior - BHPian

I’ve been watching Bard of Blood and am impressed with Emraan Hashmi. He’s quite a bit better than the so called A Listers . A shame he doesn’t get much of a chance in mainstream cinema, not to mention the ill deserved ridicule of “serial kisser”.
Old 9th October 2019, 19:07   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Have watched Sacred Games (Both seasons). Did not like the 2nd season much though.

Did not hear good reviews of Mirzapur so had skipped. Will check out Breathe. R Madhvan is a fine actor.
Mirzapur is actually pretty good. I am waiting for its next season.

On a side note, also waiting for Inside Edge next season. Liked that series too.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2019 at 20:27. Reason: Spacing.
Old 10th October 2019, 12:14   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On the contrary, Mirzapur is one of the best series currently on Amazon. While it is not a place to look for high- level acting, the plot line and fast paced grippy narrative is eminently watchable. Havent come across anyone yet who watched it and did not like it. Performances are overall very impressive. Sacred Games on the other hand was a drag and a bore compared to Mirzapur.
Old 10th October 2019, 13:04   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
On the contrary, Mirzapur is one of the best series currently on Amazon. While it is not a place to look for high- level acting, the plot line and fast paced grippy narrative is eminently watchable. Havent come across anyone yet who watched it and did not like it. Performances are overall very impressive. Sacred Games on the other hand was a drag and a bore compared to Mirzapur.
Mirzapur is decent to watch if you start without any expectations but then as it belongs from the same genere as GOW*, I was continoulsy comapring it and I was not a happy camper.

GOW*-Ganges of Wasseypur.
Old 10th October 2019, 14:17   #2624
Senior - BHPian

I thought Mirzapur was actually much better than Sacred Games Season 1.
Started with Sacred games season 2 and could not continue past second episode.

Now onto Stranger things. Really liked the first season. Second season is decent as well but not as gripping as the first one.
Old 10th October 2019, 15:32   #2625
BHPian

What app are you guys using to Track TV shows? I personally use "Television Time" on my iPhone and it is connected to my trakt.tv account. This is a paid app.

I used to previously used iTV Shows and liked its interface and such and then used this and it was similar on many lines so decided to buy it.

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/televi...me/id969714962

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks