Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 18:02   #2386
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Planning to visit Kudla, HSR Layout tomorrow. Any reviews ?
Old 1st October 2012, 19:56   #2387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have been to their Richmond Road branch a few times and its awesome. Kudla is a well known brand in Blr for mangalorean food, so i guess even the HSR one would be good.

You can also try out Kanua in Sarjapur Road - its brilliant for coastal food as well.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:02   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I have been to their Richmond Road branch a few times and its awesome. Kudla is a well known brand in Blr for mangalorean food, so i guess even the HSR one would be good.

You can also try out Kanua in Sarjapur Road - its brilliant for coastal food as well.
Thanks dude! Cab you please give any landmark near Kanua? Would like to try it out tomorrow.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:04   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude! Cab you please give any landmark near Kanua? Would like to try it out tomorrow.
Come down Sarjapur road, cross Total Mall and keep going straight towards Wipro untill you see a Foodworld on your left & Bata on your right. Take the right turn there (the lane next to Bata) and continue straight till dead end. Its on the right side.
Old 10th October 2012, 20:22   #2390
SBR
BHPian

Tried this place called "Chichabas by Taj" on MM Road in Frazer Town. This place opened about 2 - 3 weeks back.

Recommend this place for Mutton eaters.

Try the Mutton Chops, Mutton Sukha, Mutton Kalimirch. Very tasty stuff.

Lot of crowd over weekends. Suggest visiting this place for a dinner on week days to avoid the weekend rush.
Old 21st October 2012, 13:52   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Three of us went to Shiv Sagar today, off Commercial Street. I have always liked this place for the excellent tasting food.

Today we ordered two plates of Gobi Manchurian (the best in Bangalore that I have tasted), among other things. The steward was honest enough to tell us that it would be too much, and one plate is sufficient.
Old 26th October 2012, 10:03   #2392
BHPian

So my search for the perfect momo in Bangalore continues. I've recently come across this man called Dawa who keeps a roadside stall right opposite the Ganesha temple, Koramangala. When i went for the Pujas, i kept visiting him everyday for the chicken momos. Thankfully his taste much better and almost close to what im used to in my hometown. Very well cooked momos. I found them better than what others are offering all over the city and at the puja mandaps. One can find him there everyday. I've become a regular customer for him now.

Also last night, visited this mall called 1 MG road next to Lido mall near Trinity circle. Had dinner at the only restaurant there called "The Grill and Curry bowl". Steamed rice and Kozhi chicken curry with complimentary dal and bread basket. The chicken tasted really good and was well cooked too. New restaurant and less crowded. In total it was 850 bucks for my family of 3, which was surprising given the decor and ambience of the place. They also had a big screen showing the ongoing cricket matches. Had a lovely time there.

So how was Durga puja friends? Which place did you like the most? I found the eateries at RT Nagar, Jayamahal and Kormangala better than the Ulsoor puja one. The biryani in Ulsoor stalls was over priced and undercooked. Also like everytime, my family got upset stomachs when eating from the ulsoor stalls. Happened last year at the palace ground too. How was your experience?
Old 26th October 2012, 11:32   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
So how was Durga puja friends? Which place did you like the most?
The food at Koramangala was just about decent, however, even here the items were quite overpriced. A plate of luchi and mangsho was 100 bucks, and when it arrived, the luchi was thick and chewy, far from the fluffy and soft stuff that it it supposed to be. And the chicken was a total farce, with just one small piece and a load of gravy. Fish fry at 75 bucks a pop was OK, just about decent.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:03   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Tried Nando's at the Ascendas Tech Park. Their theme is Peri-Peri Flame grilled Chicken. The restaurant was set up in a very different, interesting way- full marks for the ambience and the attitude of the waiters. Perfect place to impress your girl friend, on a budget the food was brilliant too. You basically get four flavours - Lemon&Herbs,Mild,Hot,Garlic. You can chose the sauce you would like to add to your chicken, which would be flame grilled. We tried three, except the hot peri-peri sauce, as that tasted like a pickle ( did I mention that you get to taste the four flavours - placed on your table itself, and decide?! ) And you can have it just like KFC (the roast chicken with sidelines) or like a burger, or with rice/noodles too. The drinks we ordered - Citrus Bliss was very refreshingly tasty too. Overall it was a fabulous ExPeri-Perience (sa they say it!).

The bill was about 1350 for 3 of us, pretty reasonable. I would definitely visit them again. Be warned - No soups though.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:07   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13

The food at Koramangala was just about decent, however, even here the items were quite overpriced.
Sir you should've come to RT Nagar. For 70 bucks i got four pieces of fish fry including one bhetki fish.

The biryani at Kormangala from some caterer guy next to the gola and ice cream shop was also good in the afternoon. The night time biryani was very bad though. It was molten type rice.

Over all for luchi torkari and mangsho I've found Jayamahal to be reasonable and very, very tasty. 30rs for 4 luchis and cholar torkari. A piece of chicken wouldve cost extra 20-30 bucks i guess. But the luchi was freshly made in front of us and was very tasty. I had only eaten biryanis and rolls in the Kormangla puja on Sunday and Tuesday. Did you taste the momo outside?

How was the mishti from "Pagoler dokan"? The guy was claiming to have come from salt lake. I hadn't tasted it.

About the overpricing, it was kinda wierd. On sunday the Koramangala guy was charging 120 for biryani and on tuesday he charged 160 for the same.

Overall food was just about ok this time. Not that great also nor was it bad. I avoided the Ulsoor mandap after the saptami. It was completely muddy and overcrowded for parking.

How was the Indiranagar and Whitefield Pujas?
Old 26th October 2012, 12:20   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
That place is called Parika. Its run by the same people as Kudla. The food is as good as Kudla. They have good ambiance.

Quote:
So my search for the perfect momo in Bangalore continues.
There is a Tibetan place in Koramangala which serves nice momos. If you are driving from Jyoti Nivas Collage take the left just before Empire. On the left there is a Tibetan mall. On the terrace there is a restaurant. They server authentic Tibetan food. I cant comment on how authentic they are since I have not eaten authentic Tibetan food elsewhere. But the food was yummy. You could try them.

Last edited by zoombiee : 26th October 2012 at 12:21.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:20   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How was the mishti from "Pagoler dokan"? The guy was claiming to have come from salt lake. I hadn't tasted it.

....... It was completely muddy and overcrowded for parking.

How was the Indiranagar and Whitefield Pujas?
Frankly speaking, I did not go to too many pandals this time, the crowd at Koramangala and the insane rush to drive through the traffic and get a parking spot on Saptami itself left a bad taste in the mouth. And same here, I avoided Ulsoor like the plague- the maddening rush there is not for the faint hearted. I did not visit Whitefield and Indiranagar, stuck to BTM, JP Nagar and Koramangala.

For biryani, chaap, parathas, mughlai style chicken and rolls, I swear by Lazeez in Koramangala. Though they have now hiked up their prices significantly, I am still a weekend regular there Just cant let a weekend go by without my weekly fix of Mughlai food. One of the very few places serving Calcutta style biryani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post

There is a tibetian place in Koramangala which serves nice momos.
That is Momo Hut you are talking about. Its pretty good. Matches Taste of Tibet on Church Street.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th October 2012 at 13:03. Reason: Please use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE function within 30 minutes to avoid posting consecutively. Thanks! :)
Old 26th October 2012, 12:24   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
That is Momo Hut you are talking about. Its pretty good. Matches Taste of Tibet on Church Street.
No it's not called Momo Hut. Its called Hotel Tibet or something similar. They serve a wide variety of food apart from Momos.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:26   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
No it's not called Momo Hut. Its called Hotel Tibet or something similar. They serve a wide variety of food apart from Momos.
Oh ok- maybe I dont remember the name properly. But the location seems to be the same one that you are referring. Overall a good place for momos It has actually been around for quite a while, in fact the Tibet mall there came up only recently.
Old 26th October 2012, 12:35   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
So how was Durga puja friends? Which place did you like the most?
How was your experience?
The Sarjapur Road Durga Puja (SORRBA) had a few stalls including the usual Lazzez, Babumoshai , Bangaliana etc. But the food was really overpriced. 4 pcs luchi and 1 small bowl of cholar dal - 60 bucks! I can get that thing in Kolkata at 10/- bucks. The only dish that was selling well in that pandal was 2 pcs Rumali Roti + chicken chaNp at 120/- bucks.The Brookefield Durga puja (Purva Bangalore Culatural Association) had better stalls in terms of quality. there was a IFB stall where Prawn Torpedo was selling like hot cakes on Saptami evening. I visited only 5-6 pujas this year, overall Koramangala had better ambiance and more stalls than others. After a long time, had double-egg-double-chicken roll there. There was a nice Puja behind BTM Udupi Garden petrol bunk. Organized by the online group 'Bengali in Bangalore'. The atmosphere was cozy, I liked the overall ambiance!

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 26th October 2012 at 12:38. Reason: added quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks