Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 13:33   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
That's what it seems, with the Aussies moving out IPL will loose some of it's shine.But what seems like from the list is that Rajasthan Royales will become a strong contender.
Seriously RR where underdogs one week back. Most affected will be Kolkata ( for players leaving for other tours). Coming back to todays game i hope Punjab beat Mumbai.
Old 25th April 2008, 13:38   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
That's what it seems, with the Aussies moving out IPL will loose some of it's shine.
Nope. I do not think so. Our local young players and other countries players are strong enough to take this tournment forward. It will never lose its shine. We also have cheerleaders to give us some shine. except Mumbai (unfortuante lot I should say)
Old 25th April 2008, 14:05   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If Sachin is not playing, why did Mukesh Ambani pay him million $?
Its not only Mukesh gifting Sachin money ... sources I can't name state that Sachin has a share in the Mumbai Team ;-) !!

And he aint getting onto the pitch .. hes going to use the injury as an excuse to sit out specially now as they facing an early relegation .

Im cheering for Yuvi's team ... but Delhi Daredevils are the ones to watch out for !! Today Yuvi & Co should smash the MI team out of the park ...

Last edited by khaadu75 : 25th April 2008 at 14:06.
Old 25th April 2008, 14:40   #214
BHPian

How many matches does a team need to loose to loose hope of qualifying for the semis? Each team plays a total of 14 matches, so 8 losses and its all over?

EDIT: is is loose or lose? My grammar is becoming poorer and poorer!!

Last edited by Proxima : 25th April 2008 at 14:42.
Old 25th April 2008, 15:26   #215
BANNED

If your pant is loose, it will just drop down.
If you lose you pant, you won't have any pant at all.
Quote:
EDIT: is is loose or lose? My grammar is becoming poorer and poorer!!

Last edited by diabloo : 25th April 2008 at 15:28.
Old 25th April 2008, 15:39   #216
BANNED

Girls in action cheers: They will miss Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
We also have cheerleaders to give us some shine.
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-_44590992_ffc4a759110c45f4966a8c5d2e6dcec4.jpg  

Old 25th April 2008, 16:16   #217
Senior - BHPian

Well yesterdays match rocked. What a way to end it by warne. Today am rooting for mumbai as i got to support them as i am staying here lol.
Well One point is what were they thinking while picking up a team. After number 3 the bowlers start!!! WHo will bat? Pollock or bhajji!!
Old 25th April 2008, 20:28   #218
Senior - BHPian

At present Sangakkara is making merry and is smasing MI bowlers through the field. Hope they will post a challenging total for MI.
Old 25th April 2008, 21:49   #219
Senior - BHPian

183 to win. 3 ducks,and a collapse of batting.
Lets see how the Indian fight back
Old 25th April 2008, 23:21   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
183 to win. 3 ducks,and a collapse of batting.
Lets see how the Indian fight back
U obviously referring to their fight back in the next match .. this match obviously is way past them !! The MI team -- I eally wonder who was behind the selection think tank as it has no value to it as a team . It appears as if they just bought a team for the sake of being part of the IPL .
Old 26th April 2008, 00:48   #221
BHPian

Forget the cricketers, do you know who is the highest paid cheerleader in the IPL ?? (Guess Guess )

I've gotta strange feelin (6+4)dulkar, well whenever he comes back to the pitch will lead the MI's to their first victory in the IPL and will be hailed as god once again, just like a movie script. Until that time, their vows will continue.

Anyways, it's more of an entertainment circus than cricket. I read the Mumbai Mirror (Wed or Thurs) that carried an article about Zinta kicking out 7 of her cricketers from a 5+ star hotel and transferring them to the land of orcs so she could accomodate her high profile friends So much for Chak De and all that!
Old 26th April 2008, 08:38   #222
Team-BHP Support

The Mumbai Indians' star players are spent forces.
Nehra, Pollock, Jayasuriya and IMHO, Harbhajan Singh too. Tendulkar is so old and worn out that he can't even step out on the field. The rest of the team is made up of unknowns.
Someone said, we'll miss the Aussies? Don't worry about that. Our own players have taken bad behaviour to a different level. Harbhajan seems to have slapped Sreesanth last night.
I would have loved to support the Mumbai Indians since I stay in Mumbai, but, looking at the attitude of some of the senior players, I've started rooting for the Chennai SuperKings.
Old 26th April 2008, 08:56   #223
Senior - BHPian

The Mumbai Indians have lost it. What a dismal performance. Ther eis no way they can recover now. Good display by the Punjab boys yesterday though. And what happened to Bhajji? Slapping your Indian counterpart like that. Sreesanth was in tears. The commentary team actually though they were tears of joy but obviously one could make out he was sobbing badly.

Anways back to the game. The Chennai vs Kolkata will be the match to watch now.
Old 26th April 2008, 13:08   #224
Senior - BHPian

At the start of the IPL, all players committed to a pact that the tournament be played under the spirit of the game. So far, even the Aussies have been quiet. Bhajji needs to be stripped of his stand-in captaincy and banned for atleast a few games.

He has been pushing his luck for a while now. We treated the Symmonds controversy as our national pride, but he is fast becoming a disgrace now.

As for Sreesanth, he has this habit of needling (his best mate Uthappa) opposition needlessly. Sledging is an art form. Nagging makes you look like a blithering idiot. Now, will the opposition ever take cry-baby Sreesanth's stare seriously?!
Old 26th April 2008, 13:21   #225
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
At the start of the IPL, all players committed to a pact that the tournament be played under the spirit of the game. So far, even the Aussies have been quiet. Bhajji needs to be stripped of his stand-in captaincy and banned for atleast a few games.

He has been pushing his luck for a while now. We treated the Symmonds controversy as our national pride, but he is fast becoming a disgrace now.

As for Sreesanth, he has this habit of needling (his best mate Uthappa) opposition needlessly. Sledging is an art form. Nagging makes you look like a blithering idiot. Now, will the opposition ever take cry-baby Sreesanth's stare seriously?!

Thats the most well balanced view. Agree with you fully.

Anyway its time to concentrate on today's big big one , Chennai vs Kolkata.

It should be mightingly exciting, both teams have unconventional thinking captains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks