Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:30   #3271
Senior - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Easy win for us. Top 2 is assured and hopefully we end up at 1 itself. Stoinis injury is a concern as we may have to get Tom Curran in his place.
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:56   #3272
BHPian

Covid, etc are small matters for the BCCI honchos. What matters is minting money! Honestly, stopped caring much for IPL after the Lalit Modi scandal broke. Also, would recommend everyone to watch Inside Edge on Amazon Prime; a perfect dramatization of what goes on behind-the-scenes in the cricket world (the series focuses primarily on an IPL-like setup).
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 00:55   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Easy win for us. Top 2 is assured and hopefully we end up at 1 itself. Stoinis injury is a concern as we may have to get Tom Curran in his place.
Its going to be Mumbai Indians again Ok this looks good to argue in person and not in a forum.

Delhi Capitals looks like the most balanced team on paper. This is what happens when you have a strong Indian contingent. Sunrisers are completely oppositte. Relied heavily on their international players like Warner, Williamson, Bairstow & Rashid. Vijay Shankar, K jadhav, Samadh arent really good to play together. Pandey's form is a concern. Mega Auction is for Sunrisers, they have to spoil the party and spend a lot on Indian Players.
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:54   #3274
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

MI were totally outclassed by KKR today. Venkatesh (Venky) Iyer is a good find, got a 50 today along with Tripathi who top scored with 74 and made the chase look so easy, done amd dusted in 15.1 overs.
Despite a good start in the powerplay, MI lost their way after Rohit and De Kock were dismissed and 155 wasn't a par score.

Edit:I thought Venkatesh Iyer had got a 50 versus RCB as well, but that was 41 not out, corrected my post above!

Last edited by NPV : 24th September 2021 at 00:02.
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:58   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
MI were totally outclassed by KKR today. Venkatesh (Venky) Iyer is a good find, got another 50 today along with Tripathi who top scored with 74 and made the chase look so easy, done amd dusted in 15.1 overs.
Despite a good start in the powerplay, MI lost their way after Rohit and De Kock were dismissed and 150 odd was never a par score.
IPL indeed has got some talent pool. Liked the attitude of Venkatesh. He wasnt really distracted with his 50 but wanted to score more. Will need to work hard on his fitness and could be a good find of this year's IPL. I had never heard of him earlier.
Rahul Tripathi deserves a lot more credit than what he gets. Since last 3 IPLs he has been performing well, is sound tempered and a good fielder as well. One example , why nice guys get chosen last
Old 24th September 2021, 10:03   #3276
Senior - BHPian

It was a joy to watch the KKR team bat. That six by Shubnam Gill of Boult's second ball was it? was just amazing. That really set the tone for the rest of the match.

And if Venky had some gas left in his tank am sure he would have gone to score more runs.
Old 25th September 2021, 09:28   #3277
BHPian

First few matches of the second leg has thrown some interesting results. Kohli's RCB lose 2 on a trot and so do Rohith's MI. And guess what, these two teams face-off tomorrow! Current T20I captain versus the soon-to-be T20I captain!

While there is a lot of focus on these two guys/teams, erstwhile India captain Dhoni's CSK has coolly managed to defeat both RCB and MI, lead the points table now.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:42   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Back to top of table and with 16 points we have qualified 100%.

Now only concern is if we can finish on Top as CSK looks formidable this year and highly likely to top the table with better RR.*
Old 25th September 2021, 23:39   #3279
Team-BHP Support

1 or 2 doesn't really matter for Delhi, so we should be good. I hope KKR qualify. I somehow like that team.

Today's second match was terrible cricket from both teams. What a fall for Manish Pandey, but the signs have been there for long. He will sell for his base price at the next auction.
Old 25th September 2021, 23:54   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
1 or 2 doesn't really matter for Delhi, so we should be good. I hope KKR qualify. I somehow like that team.

Today's second match was terrible cricket from both teams. What a fall for Manish Pandey, but the signs have been there for long. He will sell for his base price at the next auction.
True. But 1 does looks better

SRH season is a write off. They should bench the oldies and give younger guys a chance for rest of the season. Punjab win makes table precariously close. Except for SRH all others have a chance to take 3rd and 4th place. RCB still has a 2 point buffer but there team looks highly unsettled. I believe KKR and MI might be 3rd and 4th.
Old 29th September 2021, 09:40   #3281
BHPian

Match#42
MI versus PBKS

Pollard bags the MoM award 'playing' just 13 balls!!
First he scalps 2 crucial wickets in the solitary over that he bowled. And then while chasing, he scores 15 from 7 with a hit to the fence and another one over it. Polly's way of doing things without breaking a sweat!

Last edited by Emvi : 29th September 2021 at 10:09. Reason: Typo
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:23   #3282
BHPian

Isn't the form of current India XI for T20 WC a little concerning in the IPL?

SKY, Ishan, Chahar, Pandya, Varun Chakravarthy, Bhuvi, Rohit and to an extent Virat aren't exactly playing well.

Meanwhile, Chahal seems to be making a point, as well as Shreyas & Dhawan.

Hope our players up the ante in the WC.
Old 29th September 2021, 11:31   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Meanwhile, Chahal seems to be making a point, as well as Shreyas & Dhawan.

Hope our players up the ante in the WC.
There should have been a provision to revise the team composition depending on the IPL performance. Best example is Shreyas Iyer and SKY. Latter has a drop in form and confidence whereas Iyer is showing great maturity. Chahal is looking more aggressive over Chahar. Rohit Sharma & Kohli's form arent much of a worry. They both are known as big tournament players however so is Dhawan.

On top of everything, I hope they dont get burnt out by the end of the IPL and worse get injured. But thats how competetive cricket has become. Fitness is a KRA and not a personal choice anymore.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:48   #3284

As an RCB fan, I am just hoping that we will break the duck this year ( like every passing year).

We finally have a decent middle order and all this while AB is still not at his usual best. The bowling (our Achilles heel) has finally come good. If you had told me at the start of the season that one of our bowlers will be leading the Purple Cap standings, I would have laughed it off. Harshal has been great, but Siraj and Chahal have been equally good though the wickets column does not reflect this.

3 games to go and a Top 2 finish in sight. Is it too early to say "Ee Sala..."?
Old 30th September 2021, 13:55   #3285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
There should have been a provision to revise the team composition depending on the IPL performance. Best example is Shreyas Iyer and SKY. Latter has a drop in form and confidence whereas Iyer is showing great maturity. Chahal is looking more aggressive over Chahar. Rohit Sharma & Kohli's form arent much of a worry. They both are known as big tournament players however so is Dhawan.

On top of everything, I hope they dont get burnt out by the end of the IPL and worse get injured. But thats how competetive cricket has become. Fitness is a KRA and not a personal choice anymore.
Every team can make changes to World cup Squad till 10th October. So Shreyas can move in 15 squad and Sky in reserve, though I won't do that as form in couple of matches can't be gauged. Anyone can have bad few matches and it will be unfair to Sky who has done well for last couple of years. Although Shreyas was the incumbent and got injured at wrong time so him coming back in 15 won't be such an issue. I am more worried for people like Ishan and Hardik.

As for Chahal his International record since last 3 years is abysmal and he was rightly dropped. Chahar has been doing well. Chahal could have made the reserve but then we just don't have the space for it.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks