Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 18:34   #3331
BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Not Confirmed Lucknow & Ahmedabad are the two new IPL Teams and to be owned by Man Utd owners & Adani respectively.

The financial bids are not yet disclosed.

Player Retention

1. 2 Indians & 2 Internationals

Or

2. 3 Indians & 1 Internationals
Old 25th October 2021, 19:43   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Not Confirmed Lucknow & Ahmedabad are the two new IPL Teams
Confirmed Sanjiv Goenka's RPSG and CVC Capital have bagged the rights for two new IPL teams next year, in Lucknow and Ahmedabad respectively
Source: ESPN Cricinfo
Attached Thumbnails
The IPL Thread-screenshot_20211025194051_twitter.jpg  

Old 25th October 2021, 20:33   #3333
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I thought Adani was the frontrunner but these numbers are absolutely insane!

Check some of the tweets from this handle - https://twitter.com/KShriniwasRao
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:48   #3334
BHPian

IPL 2022 retention rules and maximum purse amount has been announced.

Source: ESPNCricinfo

The IPL Thread-a24ce7b567294cab914d4ce8022bfbbc.jpeg
Old 28th October 2021, 20:11   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Confirmed Sanjiv Goenka's RPSG and CVC Capital have bagged the rights for two new IPL teams next year, in Lucknow and Ahmedabad respectively
Source: ESPN Cricinfo
Oh Boy!
More teams --> more Matches --> Players focussing more on IPL at the cost of international career

Consequences :
1. More player burn-outs
2. Deteriorating quality of cricket
3. Have to put up with more meaningless matches
redCherry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:40   #3336
BHPian

^^^very true. But I suspect the kind of money BCCI us raking in, international cricket will only be a slideshow for them. 7k crores for the lko franchise! I doubt the buyers can even hope recoup their investment, unless they sell their stake for an even higher amount down the road
Also from what I have seen so far in the T20 WC, the quality of cricket, even in T20 terms is far from top class. Many players on display including of course the pakistan team who are not part of it. The Indian squad itself looks short on all rounders. Either the IPL hasn't unearthed them or it's just plain old selection woes
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 21:40   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Oh Boy!
More teams --> more Matches --> Players focussing more on IPL at the cost of international career

Consequences :
1. More player burn-outs
2. Deteriorating quality of cricket
3. Have to put up with more meaningless matches
Teams are still playing 14 games each like earlier. 7 home and 7 away. As per reports IPL window will remain same so I believe there will be more 2 matches a day scenario.

Please understand not everyone is a Sachin or Dhoni who can play as long as they want. Most domestic cricketers don't even come near International team let alone get selected. For them IPL is a good source of building a life. Plus if not for IPL we would have never got a unique bowler like Bumrah.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 21:49   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Oh Boy!
That is not going to be the case. The benefits of IPL are way beyond monetary and not just for India but for other participating boards as well. In few years, many Cricketing Boards will have a separate window for IPL. Players are very professional and understand the fact that playing for their country should remain of the highest priority. IPL is only a stepping stone or an orchestra of their talent to world cricket.

The fatigue and wear & tear of players is something more worrisome than anything else. How much ever fitness or physiotherapy management happens, these many high intensity matches will burn the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
^^^very true. But I suspect the kind of money BCCI us raking in, international cricket will only be a slideshow for them. 7k crores for the lko franchise! I doubt the buyers can even hope recoup their investment, unless they sell their stake for an even higher amount down the road
Also from what I have seen so far in the T20 WC, the quality of cricket, even in T20 terms is far from top class. Many players on display including of course the pakistan team who are not part of it. The Indian squad itself looks short on all rounders. Either the IPL hasn't unearthed them or it's just plain old selection woes
Many franchise are concerned on the performance and tend to play established players more. Even in IPL, an uncapped player need to be exceptional to be given an opportunity to play. There are hardly 1/2 places in each team which aren't confirmed hence many unknown talents aren't unearthed.

We dearly need an All rounder. Hardik Pandya is not the answer we are looking for. Someone of the caliber of Kallis or Stokes. An all-rounder who can play more in a test match & ODI side than a T20. Currently we dont have anyone in the leagues of Shakib or Stokes.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 28th October 2021 at 21:50.
Old 28th October 2021, 23:37   #3339
BHPian

@VWAllstar - you bring up a very interesting point that we don't have a truly exceptional seam bowling allrounder in the league of a Kallis. For a long time many and I am included in the list, that H Pandya was the answer. He seems to make more news for non cricketing reasons theses days.
It's strange that we do not have any such allrounder in the horizon, despite a star studded wealthy league. Can't be that there isn't any such potential talent in the country. We are making giant strides in other sports with far less money and attention.
Let alone a seam bowling allrounder, we don't even have a spin bowling allrounder in the W20 squad barring jadeja. I am not placing Ashwin in that category as it's likely the team management does not consider him one.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 23:43   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
@VWAllstar - you bring up a very interesting point that we don't have a truly exceptional seam bowling allrounder in the league of a Kallis. For a long time many and I am included in the list, that H Pandya was the answer. He seems to make more news for non cricketing reasons theses days.
It's strange that we do not have any such allrounder in the horizon, despite a star studded wealthy league. Can't be that there isn't any such potential talent in the country. We are making giant strides in other sports with far less money and attention.
Let alone a seam bowling allrounder, we don't even have a spin bowling allrounder in the W20 squad barring jadeja. I am not placing Ashwin in that category as it's likely the team management does not consider him one.
We did have Axar Patel in the squad who is way underrated. Not only he bowls match winnings spells, he is a good hitter down the order. But our genius selectors replaced Axar with Shardul Thakur in the squad when it should have been Hardik to be replaced.

Venky Iyer can be a very good all rounder for us only if groomed right. For that first selectors need to get out of their Hardik Pandya fascination.
Old 29th October 2021, 12:07   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
We did have Axar Patel in the squad who is way underrated. Not only he bowls match winnings spells, he is a good hitter down the order. But our genius selectors replaced Axar with Shardul Thakur in the squad when it should have been Hardik to be replaced.

Venky Iyer can be a very good all rounder for us only if groomed right. For that first selectors need to get out of their Hardik Pandya fascination.
That is the problem. We still select players basis reputation and not on current form.
Old 29th October 2021, 13:39   #3342
Team-BHP Support

According to some reports, Hardik was retained on MSD's insistence. The selectors were ready to send him packing after him not bowling in IPL.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 08:16   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
According to some reports, Hardik was retained on MSD's insistence. The selectors were ready to send him packing after him not bowling in IPL.
That doesn’t sound good. I’m not Kohli the T20 captain’s biggest fan but this has signs of some political maneuvering going on behind the scenes.
Old 30th October 2021, 09:11   #3344
BHPian

Picking a non performing Hardik Pandya is doing him more harm than good in the long term.

It would be devastating to turn Hardik into another Kambli. That's what happens to you when you don't perform at a World Cup.

If I were Hardik Pandya, I would make myself unavailable for selection right away. Live today to die another day.
Old 1st November 2021, 14:14   #3345
AZT
BHPian

I'm curious to see if these players auction values and brand endorsements will be affected post the World Cup debacle. MI wont be retaining Pandya so he's definitely on the block. I'm still not sure if Virat will choose to stick with RCB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks