51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 14:27   #1636
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
But it is lame/fascinating in the way it is implemented, depending on how you see it. You could use just 2 passwords interchangeably every 15 days. That means you just need to remember 2 passwords instead of thinking of a new one every 15 days
I think both the rule & the implementation are stupid.
Old 26th November 2010, 16:07   #1637
BANNED

Yatha raja, yatha praja. How the king is, so shall the citizens be.

Ever looked at the security levels in our financial institutions? No chain is stronger than its weakest link.

Do not expect anything better from a society which has institutions which run its IT infrastructure on basis of guidelines like "keep your OS and virus databases updated daily", for production servers.

For example, look at this:-

http://www.nyse.com/pdfs/SFTI_Customer_Guide.pdf

Any documentation like that available for NSE / BSE? The NSE side OTOH, says info is "powered by moneycontrol.com". Moneycontrol says info on their site is provided by religare and geodisc.

Sigh. And there are even more fundamental issues, which I would rather not mention.
Old 26th November 2010, 16:12   #1638
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th November 2010 at 16:21. Reason: Note inline
Old 29th November 2010, 23:31   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

ARe you aware of any forum similar to TBHP purely concentrating on Financial investment etc kind of discussions which would really help.

On some reasearch, I found traderji and einvesting to be some interesting forums on this topic.
Let me know if there are any such good sites for this?
Old 30th November 2010, 09:36   #1640
BHPian

Try theequitydesk.com - this is more for investing rather than trading. The moderator is a gem of a person having given some amazing recommendations in the past e.g. Titan, TTK Prestige, Hawkins, Zydus, etc.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:37   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys,

ARe you aware of any forum similar to TBHP purely concentrating on Financial investment etc kind of discussions which would really help.

On some reasearch, I found traderji and einvesting to be some interesting forums on this topic.
Let me know if there are any such good sites for this?
Traderji is a good forum, very similar to TBHP. ValueResearchOnline is good for MF. Perfios is a good platform for online portfolio management.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:59   #1642
J.Ravi

A few minutes back, I applied online for 527 shares of MOIL IPO at the cut-off price of Rs 375 each. My daughters and son will do the same today itself. This IPO has already been oversubscribed by more than 2.8 times in RII category by the last evening.

Old 30th November 2010, 18:28   #1643
BHPian

well, this is one blog which I take a look every now and then. I am sure this is very beneficial to all here - Dead Presidents! - India Equity Research Good luck
Old 7th December 2010, 22:12   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Had applied Gravita for 1 lakh rupees, not even a single share! With Coal india listing gains, looks like there is good demand for IPOs.

with Retail limit increased to 2 lakhs, RII subscription has gone crazy. i applied at RII limits but with kind of over subscription, for 2 lakhs we will be getting pretty less shares :(

same with SCI. last but one day it was .56 times in RII. i thought with 5% discount i can make 10K on 2 lakhs. So squeezed money from every where and applied. Last day its subscribed 6.56x in RII. So with this over subscription all i get is say 5% on 30K. That's meager 1.5K to 2K for an investment of 2 lakhs. With these IPOs my bank account is running on near zero balance eagerly awaiting refund.

Looks like HNI are also applying from RII category.
Old 8th December 2010, 12:50   #1645
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

I want the markets to come to 17k-18k levels, to start investing, and I think there will be that kind of correction in near future.
Old 8th December 2010, 13:52   #1646
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I want the markets to come to 17k-18k levels, to start investing, and I think there will be that kind of correction in near future.
Few things
- If someone could predict these kinds of things with any accuracy they would be billionaires. If you are confident about when market levels will come to 17k-18k, you should be investing in Nifty futures.
- What's special about the 17k-18k level?
- Are you planning to invest in stocks or mutual funds? If MFs, what kind of MFs?

Last edited by carboy : 8th December 2010 at 13:53.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:22   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows when the MOIL shares will be alloted?
Old 8th December 2010, 14:25   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Had applied Gravita for 1 lakh rupees, not even a single share! With Coal india listing gains, looks like there is good demand for IPOs.

with Retail limit increased to 2 lakhs, RII subscription has gone crazy. i applied at RII limits but with kind of over subscription, for 2 lakhs we will be getting pretty less shares :(

same with SCI. last but one day it was .56 times in RII. i thought with 5% discount i can make 10K on 2 lakhs. So squeezed money from every where and applied. Last day its subscribed 6.56x in RII. So with this over subscription all i get is say 5% on 30K. That's meager 1.5K to 2K for an investment of 2 lakhs. With these IPOs my bank account is running on near zero balance eagerly awaiting refund.

Looks like HNI are also applying from RII category.
Yes the demand for IPO'S have increased with the normal scrips not giving the returns as much as IPO's were 10% is kinda guaranteed on the listing day itself. But at the same time one needs to be vary of certain IPO's as well. I'm not too gung ho on the A2Z Services IPO which has opened today.

Also with the increase in RII limit lot of HNI are investing under this category to avail the 5% RII benefit.

BTW why don't you use ASBA. no waiting for refund.

Quote:
Why?

And do you really think there is going to be so much correction?

I personally don't think so. Especially with the European and US markets not so bullish, overseas money will keep flowing into our economy and the sensex is going to go up. Albeit slow and steady unlike 2008. Yesterday and today are just a small blip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Few things
- If someone could predict these kinds of things with any accuracy they would be billionaires. If you are confident about when market levels will come to 17k-18k, you should be investing in Nifty futures.
- What's special about the 17k-18k level?
- Are you planning to invest in stocks or mutual funds? If MFs, what kind of MFs?

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Anyone knows when the MOIL shares will be alloted?
Buzz on the internet is 13th Nov as its supposed to start trading from 15th.

Tip of the day!

Pick Ispat Industries. Its trading at sub-19 levels and will go up to 25 in near term horizon of 3 months as LNM looks to buy into it.

I picked it on Friday at 17.90 and exited at 19.10 on Monday. A net gain of cool 1k over 1 trading session.

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th December 2010 at 14:30.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:22   #1649
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks for the tips. I was waiting for it to go up to 24-28K levels, so that I can sell out. Now, I need to arrange for funds to buy when the market reaches 17-18k.

:-D
Old 8th December 2010, 23:42   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 about entering levels . Im not too sure if it would head downwards too soon unless Nifty breaches the crucial 5700-5800 barrier now. But yes i am hoping for those levels to come !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks