51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 20:30   #1591
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Now please tell me what do u suggest for future sell this off or wait, if wait why wait?

Nah; that is a decision you have to make. Even a sell decison has to be based on fundamentals. If you feel that the share does not have any furher upwards movement potential, you need to sell it.

You need to research the fundamentals first, and the technicals next. Fundamentals tells you about the stock, technicals tells you about the market's moods about that stock.

You need to decide on a risk appettite (high risk, low risk, etc), and investment objectives. This is a very personal matter, and not easy to generalise.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:09   #1592
BHPian

Process of obtaining a Duplicate Certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Well, thanks guys for your responses.

@Backseatdriver: I have the conuterfoils of the dividend I have recieved. But I'am unable to find the allottment letter (maybe I have misplaced, I'am not sure). But you have infomred to complain to SEBI in your other post, will it work?

@sridhga: Thanks for the address and mail. I will write to them immly.
Hi,
I was in a similar situation like you and let me provide you with the correct process.

1. With the Folio Number (which you should have from the dividend warrant), make a written complaint to the police station, which falls under your area. At the time of complaint they would provide you with acknowledgement. (The best way to state in the complaint is that you lost the certificate while you were going in the town bus)
2. After 3 months / 4 months approach the Police Station. They will provide you a Non-Traceable letter, stating that the concerned certificate with the Folio # has been lost and cannot be traced.
3. Once you receive the non-traceable certificate, send a registered letter with acknowledgement to the Registrar and Transfer agent of Canara Bank.

M/s Karvy Computershare Private Limited
Plot No. 17-24, Vittal Rao Nagar,
Madhapur,
Hyderabad - 500081

4. Once they receive the request from you, after 2 or 3 months they would again issue the certificate to you mentioning "Duplicate Certificate" on the face of the certificate.
5. Once you receive the certificate, ask your demat institution for a dematerialisation form and submit the same along with the certificate. This would take 21 days to get credited into your demat account.

The whole process would take minimum of 6 months.
There is no point in complaining to Company Secretary or SEBI.

All the Best.
vasanthjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2010, 22:26   #1593
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
accepted but not for sure gambling but a blunder committed!! since weak hearted people like me dont believe in gambling.

Now please tell me what do u suggest for future sell this off or wait, if wait why wait?
no need to worry lazybrain, in stock markets mistakes are common and plenty. thing is to learn from them. you should not have left the market and should have bought some more stocks too at that time. anyways, now as you are not happy with your earlier decision just get rid of that stock and start buying other stocks. just look around, there are many companies and business models one can easily understand and invest. you can look in PSU banks. they are getting rerated nowadays.
Old 27th October 2010, 00:17   #1594
BHPian

@VSH thanks for the inspiring comments. I really need some friends like you around me who can motivate me. Regarding future investment let me first recover from the shock of Rcomm and then i will study the market thoroughly before investing and committing blunders again

Slightly OT: As an end note I would like to comment that for amateurs like me as of now Mutual fund seems to be a best bet. I have around 70K worth of Mutual funds and they are doing extremely well since i believe mutual funds are market wide and not specific to any particular share movement. To date market is on higher side and i am gaining out of it

Last edited by lazybrain : 27th October 2010 at 00:23.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:22   #1595

Friend, compared to mutual funds, you can get a MUCH better rate of return, if you learn the tricks of the trade. And thats as simple as going to the moon for the weekend. So, strap your seatbelt tight, and do small test drives!
Old 27th October 2010, 11:59   #1596
BANNED

Quote:
Slightly OT: As an end note I would like to comment that for amateurs like me as of now Mutual fund seems to be a best bet. I have around 70K worth of Mutual funds and they are doing extremely well
Hmmm..... Depends on your PoV. If you think 38% returns is extremely well... yes, MFs can, and always will do extremely well.

I do invest in MFs, but that is only to meet the tax saving norms; they are still better than any other form of investment for my risk profile.

Quote:
since i believe mutual funds are market wide and not specific to any particular share movement. To date market is on higher side and i am gaining out of it
That is the first lesson in investing; never put all your eggs in one basket. If you have money to one egg alone, and that egg broke because of a bad basket, do NOT blame yourselves. Just learn from your mistakes and carry on.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:59   #1597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Hmmm..... Depends on your PoV. If you think 38% returns is extremely well... yes, MFs can, and always will do extremely well.
Is this 38% per year?
Old 27th October 2010, 14:46   #1598
BANNED

Carboy, I just put in a random figure. But I feel that better returns are possible, if you time them right. Still better returns are possible if you invest direct.

But if you had invested in SBI's Magnum Tax saver 18 months back, you would have almost doubled your NAV now, but being a tax saver instrument, here is a lock in of 3 years. (I got them @ INR 38, current NAV is 62 odd).

MFs being linked to the market price for the day, can wildly fluctuate in their values. My wife's 5 year old MFs were lurking at close nil returns six months back. Right now, they are showing NAV between INR 17 and 18. So, how much that translate into percentage terms? (over 5 years?) 30% right??

My method for annualising the RoI is this :-

[ (investment) divided by (appreciation in value) x 100 ] divided by [period of holding]

Is this the correct formula?
Old 27th October 2010, 20:44   #1599
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Carboy, I just put in a random figure. But I feel that better returns are possible, if you time them right. Still better returns are possible if you invest direct.
It's easy to have such high returns for short periods, but you will also have high losses in other years.

I would consider myself a great investor if I could do 20% average return for 10 years.
The market has grown 15% on the average in the last 10 years. I am sure you would a find a lot of MFs which have been very close to this & even some which has lesser than this. If you take 20 years, you will MF returns even closer to the market returns.

For an individual investor, the data would be far worse.

Last edited by carboy : 27th October 2010 at 20:46.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:23   #1600
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
A few minutes back, I applied online for 400 shares of Coal India IPO through my Axis Bank saving account under ASBA at cut-off price of Rs 245 each. As the response from the RII category is very muted, I am sure of full and firm allotment.
I got only 199 shares allotted as the issue was oversubscribed by 2.32 times in retail individual investor category. My daughters and son too got 199 shares each.

Today, the Coal India shares are listed with a big bang. It is now traded at Rs 329.30 as against the issue price of Rs 232.75 for the retail individual investors at 5% discount, indicating a gain of 41%.But, I am keeping my shares for long term!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th November 2010 at 11:25.

Old 4th November 2010, 11:49   #1601
Senior - BHPian

That's a good deal. Bang Rs 97 for one share if you sell it today. Since I intended to buy from stock market, is it the best time to buy or should I hold for sometime? What's your suggestion?

OT - Just a thought, though its a scarce natural resource, technology is moving away from coal to nuclear these days. So what would be the potential of coal in the forth coming years?
Old 4th November 2010, 11:51   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I got only 199 shares allotted as the issue was oversubscribed by 2.32 times in retail individual investor category.
Strange I got the whole number that is 200 , It seems they rounded off to upper side for me. I applied for 400 at cutoff using ABSA
Old 4th November 2010, 12:10   #1603
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Since I intended to buy from stock market, is it the best time to buy or should I hold for sometime? What's your suggestion?
OT - Just a thought, though its a scarce natural resource, technology is moving away from coal to nuclear these days. So what would be the potential of coal in the forth coming years?
You can see the trend for a few days, and then, decide. There will be some correction in the market. At that time, you can buy. You can also make a token purchase tomorrow evening during the muhurat trading.

In India, coal will remain the main source of power generation at least for the next few decades. So, the demand for coal [indigenous or imported] will only increase with the increase in power generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Strange I got the whole number that is 200 , It seems they rounded off to upper side for me. I applied for 400 at cutoff using ABSA
You are the luckiest one to get the extra one!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th November 2010 at 12:15.

Old 4th November 2010, 12:25   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That's a good deal. Bang Rs 97 for one share if you sell it today. Since I intended to buy from stock market, is it the best time to buy or should I hold for sometime? What's your suggestion?

Argee look at the bids and offer on both NSE and BSE bids are outstripping offers by 10:1 in the morning so it means demand is huge anything under 340 is good if your horizon is 1 year or more

This was huge IPO and retail portion was quite big. Before the listing vested interests were creating negative vibes citing fair value ranging from 280 to 316 ( 316 was the max fair value quoted by Edilweiss) so that retail and HNI sell off cheaply on day 1 booking profits.

They conveniently ignored the Cash in the books while arriving at valuation. I am sure the price will zoom up once retail and HNI have exited. Institutional investors are no fools to buy at 340 level in huge quantity.

Last edited by amitk26 : 4th November 2010 at 12:26.
Old 5th November 2010, 20:16   #1605
J.Ravi

I bought the following scrips using my Kotak Securities online trading account in the Muhurat trading this evening:

Kotak Gold ETF 10 @ Rs 1940 each
Redington 100 @ Rs 86 each [less than the issue price of IPO]
NHPC 118 @ Rs 31.75 each [PSU - less than the issue price of IPO]
SJVN 100 @ Rs 24.75 each [PSU - less than the issue price of IPO]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks